PDA

View Full Version : Graphical Representation for EXP Gained

Terrawen
07-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Imagine. As you're running along the grassy plains or burning sands or frosty tundra, you see an enemy. Be it a Satyr, a Jackelman or a Neanderthal. As you charge and slay it, a number appears above it's head as the lifeless corpse falls to the ground.

+600xp

Just like that, the number appears and floats slowly up the screen before it fades away several seconds after appearing. A graphical on-screen representation for the experience we earn everytime we kill an enemy. That's what I want.

Personally, I like to know what exactly is occuring. I like to know how much damage I'm being hit for. I like to know how much damage I'm doing. When I kill something, I like to know how much experience I'm getting. It's a little tedious to constantly manually check this by clicking on the experience status bar.

I'm not concerned with the difficulty of implementing this feature right now. All I'm interested in is whether or not this is a feature you folks would enjoy. Ideally, a feature that one could turn on or off in the options menu.

Cheers!

Sober_Sean
07-20-2006, 02:55 PM
As long as I can toggle it off, I don't see why it would bother anyone.

But for now at least you can still look at your xp and watch it go up. :lol:

racres010101
07-20-2006, 03:36 PM
I agree.. as long as each one can be toggled on/off it sounds fine.. cause frankly, showing critical damage, experience, damage dealt, damage received.. lets say if you are a warrior or a caster with alot of summons.. there will be numbers all over the screen and i think it can create more of an annoyance than anything else. I think it would be fine if there were lets say 5-6 different options you could individually toggle on/off though.