PDA

View Full Version : MP Question: Hardcore Mode?

Naithin
05-31-2006, 06:37 PM
Hi there all,

Did a quick scan of the Q&A forum, and found no obviously titled threads querying this.. Although I'm certain it must have at some point... Although in any case.. question is fairly simple..

Will there be a hardcore mode/toggle for Multiplayer?

For those unfamiliar with the term as related to this genre, by that I mean, will it be possible to create characters that face permanent death when killed. One life. No Res. I know this isn't something everyone enjoys, and that's fine, but for those of us that /do/ enjoy it, will there be a toggle/option that allows it?

Going through the game with a party of friends with HC chars will be fantastic. I guess it isn't a total gamebreaker for me if not, but it would certainly drastically increase the games longevity for such a simple implementation.

Take care,
-Nait,.

PS: If anyone has any linkage to information regarding this, that is fine too. :)

Beavor369
05-31-2006, 06:44 PM
I am pretty sure that I've seen this mentioned somewhere and that there is not a hardcore mode.

Napoleon
05-31-2006, 06:50 PM
I am pretty sure that I've seen this mentioned somewhere and that there is not a hardcore mode.
confirmed. But if you open your inventory and check out secondary stats, you will notice the "death counter". It is not going to be visible for other players though.

Naithin
05-31-2006, 06:51 PM
If that is in fact true, it is rather sad. :/ Such a simple toggle to add, and such a staple of the genre.

06-01-2006, 03:20 AM
Now that this question has been answered closed