PDA

View Full Version : do certain bosses only drop certain items ?

reggie
07-19-2006, 07:42 AM
heya,

Im farming typhon on epic and was wondering..

He drops alot of crystaline and battlemage stuff. Hardly any armor my conqueror could use. Does it have to do with the boss or more with my lvl. Im now lvl 48.

Should i go back and kill the telkine some or ?

Just wondering if every boss has its own loot table.

Chythonian
07-19-2006, 09:18 AM
lol the more i see these threads the more i think theyre based on your class, My lvl 44 Pyromancer has been farming epic typhon for about 3 days now, not gotten any of the caster items u mention but gotten 3 legendary shields 2 legendary maces and a shedload of melee armour epic/set pieces.

Seems he drops the opposite equip to what your class is, almost like its trying to force your to trade online

Kam
07-19-2006, 09:30 AM
The quality of items dropped are dependant on your level, but your luck in finding certain types of items - in your case melee gear, will not improve. I don't believe different bosses have different loot tables (aside from equipment the boss is physically carrying) and considering how much more consistently Typhon drops epics/legendaries in comparison to other bosses you're probably best off sticking at what you're doing.

I've done dozens upon dozens of runs getting nothing but Caster gear on my Brigand, but it's all worth it when that item you want finally drops.

reggie
07-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Alright thanx guys.

Though i do believe certain items would maybe only come from mob drops ? Like the sorrow mage i got of a cyclops. I must have killed typhon 100 times at least now and that mace didnt drop yet lol.

He did however once drop a pierce weapon that was actually my first legendary drop in egypt from a normal drop:). like a couple lvls ago already.

Besides that since i lvld yesterday night he started to change his loot drop table a bit. Got a couple of new rings, a ring set, and some new amulets and the likes.

Ah im happy with the helm of odyseuss that just dropped. Great helmet and looks really cool also.
Ah and got another helmet dropped also 2 times in a row that gives 10% extra xp. Athlon is the name.

Though so far its usually a repeat of what's already been dropped but with slight variation after you leveled. I had tons of shields also already for instance. Kinda funny since although im a conqueror i am not shield specced lol.

Im only wondering if that means i will get less drop chance of the loot table i had a lvl ago or if it doesnt matter at all.

reggie
07-19-2006, 11:12 AM
lol speaking of the devil, demeter's sorrow just dropped of typhon this time :). Better stats then the one i was using lol.

-SS-Ajax
07-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Traded for a legen sword for some blues, went back to questing not even 5 minutes later found the same sword with lesser stats, sigh.lol.

reggie
07-19-2006, 08:36 PM
well i did about 30 runs on the 3rd telkine and although sometimes she drops the same items typhon has been dropping for 2 days straight.... she also did drop a bunch of items i've not seen from typhon in 2 days time.

I think on epic Typhon drop rate sux anyway, often 5 runs nothing.

I cant say 3rd telkine drops less then typhon either. kinda the same really and i've seen her drop 3 legendaries at once a few times too.

Tranquility
07-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Ok here goes my first post:

Is it normal that I'm getting like 10 legendaries and only 1 epic item, from epic Typhon? I'm level 46 atm. Just wondering if I can expect a smilar ratio of legs/blues in legendary mode too.

Also wondering, do drops actually scale down the more I kill typhon. I know it does for bosses with majestic chests, the chests just disappear after a few kills.

reggie
07-19-2006, 11:14 PM
i just did a bunch of runs again on telkine 3 and she definately has a very different loot table then typhon has. This prob means every main boss has his/her own loot table.

I see drops i dont see from typhon at all. Its a different focus. Mainly weapons and jewelry and armor for meelee. Typhon drops mainly caster gear, shields, jewelry and thats about it. With a very very rare exception of something else.

reggie
07-19-2006, 11:16 PM
yeah is normal you see very few epic items and mostly legendary.

Dont think there's any drop rate unless it times the runs you did on him every time you start the game. Seems doubtful though.

Often i can get 6 runs nothing and then 3 runs in a row i get drops, even 3 in 1 go etc. Typhon on epic gives me worse luck then i had on normal. On normal i had drops way more regularly while on epic i can easily most of hte time get no legendary drops.

Matter of fact right now the 3rd telkine seems to have a better drop rate then typhon.

Tranquility
07-20-2006, 12:01 PM
I see drops i dont see from typhon at all. Its a different focus. Mainly weapons and jewelry and armor for meelee. Typhon drops mainly caster gear, shields, jewelry and thats about it. With a very very rare exception of something else.

Hmm that sounds like an interesting tip. To be honest, 3rd Telkine did wipe my sorry *** all over the place with its vitality(life leech?) attack and I was happy to be rid of him. Tho for the sake of melee items, which is why I'm farming Typhon at the first place, I'll give it another try.

reggie
07-20-2006, 05:39 PM
3rd telkine is probably very hard unless you have colossus. Though having battle standard helps too ofcourse.

Granted tough that after i farmed typhon for a long time so got some gear from him i started to kill telkine since typhon only gave me drops i had seen drop 1000 times already.

So maybe the gear helped me some.

Tranquility
07-20-2006, 10:01 PM
Yeah I totally pimped myself at typhoon with whatever gear I could get. I have maxed pierce resistance and around 60% elemental with my max dps gear. I also have like 110% vitality resistance.

Still I've been seeing that fountain bit too many times for my like. Just what damage type is that one-shotting attack? :<

reggie
07-20-2006, 10:25 PM
think its vitality prob. since its that red attack. Usually tahts vitality. So life leech resistance should work but im not sure it works unless you have a ton of hp.