PDA

View Full Version : OA applied to elemental melee damage?

Herbal Essence
07-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Just a quick question: If I miss with a melee weapon do any elemental enhancements get through?

I am worried about dex as a melee elementalist.

Any other tips for such a build appreciated. :razz:

Also, Does equipment with +% to elemental damage or weapons with added elemental damage get affected by elemental skills enhancements?

Herbal Essence
07-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Silly question I suppose.

EasymodeX
07-18-2006, 09:25 AM
Just a quick question: If I miss with a melee weapon do any elemental enhancements get through?

Uh, no.

The base source of the elemental damage didn't get applied so ...

I am worried about dex as a melee elementalist.

You should be o.O. You don't want the mobs to crit you every hit right? And you don't need to miss all the time ... that said, unless YOU want to get crits all the time, you don't need to pump your Dex up THAT much.

Also, Does equipment with +% to elemental damage or weapons with added elemental damage get affected by elemental skills enhancements?

Generally, yes. Like the +%fire damage on Earth Enchantment will buff any flat fire damage you have on your sword already.

CycloneJack
07-18-2006, 09:25 AM

Yes. Try and find a good Ice Weapon (preferably with a +50% slow attack), toss on Prometheus' Flame, turn on Nimbus and Earth Enchantment and go to town. :)

If you are going melee Elementalist, I highly recommend Ring of Flame + Upgrade and Storm Surge as well. Also, drop at least 1 point into Spell Shock for the Skill Disruption, helps tremendously on the nasty melee guys later in the game. Squall, from what I hear, can be a life saver but I have never really messed with it.

Cyclone Jack