PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong?

Bangalore
07-16-2006, 01:48 PM
I am an oracle. As you may know, oracles are said to be good damage dealers, but now Im in Egypt in legendary and killing a boss can ealily take up to 10 minutes.

It's like this, my oracle attacks with his lvl 5 lich king, his lvl 1 wisp and his lvl 1 outsider. The enemy destroys the lich when he's at half health. Then he allways comes straight to me. As I am an oracle, I can't fight an enemy face to face for more then 10 minutes. So I have to run from the enemy while my summons SLOWLY take his life away.

I have full ternion/arcane lore, full storm nimbus, full lightning and 6 points in chain lightning.

What am I doing wrong?

Dreamer
07-16-2006, 01:55 PM
You tried to take the easy way and found out that when your ternion fails, you are nothing. :P

Bangalore
07-16-2006, 02:08 PM
So should I place more points in my summons?

nubbington
07-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Did you get the damage absorption spell for your lich?

Antalia
07-16-2006, 07:34 PM
I use my Summon Outsider to tank the boss, basically.

For hard monsters/bosses I turn on Deathchill Aura and stand next to them (while the Outsider tanks it), shooting Ternion into their hindquarters. I have only one point in Deathchill, but it can slow their run and attack speed enough to help me get away if I draw aggro somehow.

I also cast Vision of Death (one point in that one too) on anything hard, whenever it's up. A boss won't usually run from you, but the fumble chance seems to work perfectly.

If there are other monsters in the area, I find one (preferably a yellow one, if available) and mind control it. It'll help fight the boss and any other monsters in the area.

If for some reason my Outsider isn't holding aggression, or if it gets mind controlled (lol), or it drops before the boss dies--I try a Freezing Blast. If it works (on some monsters, it just doesn't), it will give you plenty of time to get a screen's distance away and nuke to heck. With a bit of cast speed, and if you have either of them, Thunderball or Chain Lightning are also good options to buy you time to move away (if stun effects work on the monster).

If all else fails, Deathchill up, Vision of Death up, Squall up, and Ternion in his face while sucking potions. I've only had to do that when there was some kind of horrible/funny accident right before attacking the boss, though.

But yeah. Summon Outsider!

BXP
07-16-2006, 07:47 PM
If your pet does first damage, mobs will target it until the pet dies. Then it comes straight to you, and even if you cast another pet, it still sticks to you cause you've done the most damage to it so far. So in order to get it to "reset" it's aggro meter, run FAR away from it, a few screens, and then run back, and let your pet get the first hit in again.

If that doesn't work, dying sure as hell resets the meter.

STiger
07-17-2006, 05:41 PM
If that doesn't work, dying sure as hell resets the meter.

LMAO. Dying! Why didn't I think of that?