PDA

View Full Version : How does STORM NIMBUS work?

tukm
07-14-2006, 04:15 AM
ok it says "imbues your attacks". Does that include my spells like lightning bolt or just staff fighting attacks? so what i wanna know is would it add damages to my lightning bolt... and also the STATIC CHARGE for the storm nimbus says +% light damage. So that also works on my lightning bolt? cause if it doesnt, then i dont wanna spend points on these 2 skills...reason im confused cause i tryed it all including the HEART OF FROST and it says it will slow enemy like 38% but i notice that it works when i attack them with my staff then i see they get slooww. But i dont seem to notice with my lightning bolt attacks (or maybe cause i kill them too fast :P) but the ones that didnt die from the chain lightning are moving fast as usual.

Twilight Wolf
07-14-2006, 07:40 AM
There are noumerous potst explaining this, and if you'd done a thorough search, you would have found them -.-
I'm still going to explain it to you:
anytime you see something like +x%cold damge (or lightning or anything else) it means this bonus get's applied to ANYTHING that uses the mentioned element...
So YES, the +x%lightning damage does affect your lightning bolt...but also if you're using a staff that has a lightning attack...

The other bonuses however, apply only to attacks with your weapon...so, when you use Storm Nimbus, your weapon get's bonus damage (ice/lightning) with heart of frost it gains extra slowing power, and with static charge you gain a lightning retaliation...but those effects DON'T apply to any magic spells you might use...

Neil
07-14-2006, 08:52 AM
There are noumerous potst but different explainings.

Some ppl say:
Static Charge only increase the Terrion Attack-dmg with a Lightning-Staff.
Heart of Frost only increase the Terrion Attack-dmg with a Frost-Staff.

Other ppl say:
SC and HoF increase the Terrion Attack-dmg no matter what staff you use.

I'm totaly confused about this now ^^

tukm
07-14-2006, 03:32 PM
twilight wolf, if what you say is true then i guess i will just put 1 point into storm nimbus since it doesnt add that damage to my lightning bolt...and max static charge for the +% damage. But i find it kinda confusing cause it DOES says "imbues your attacks"....and when you turn it on if you do a close up at your character you see that your HANDS and STAFF HAND have lightning on them :P

Xaece
07-14-2006, 03:53 PM
twilight wolf, if what you say is true then i guess i will just put 1 point into storm nimbus since it doesnt add that damage to my lightning bolt...and max static charge for the +% damage. But i find it kinda confusing cause it DOES says "imbues your attacks"....and when you turn it on if you do a close up at your character you see that your HANDS and STAFF HAND have lightning on them :P
Thats the Storm Nimbus effect on your hands.

Static Charge and Heart of Frost works just like Twilight Wolf explained.

PS, read the Knowledge link in my sig.