PDA

View Full Version : Question about Overseer (ADCTH, Life Leech, Damage Reflected)

Gawwad
05-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Hi!

I'm leveling an Overseer and I'm a bit confused on how some of the stats work.
I have quite a bit of Attack Damage Converted to Health on my gear. Psionic Touch's Psionic Artery skill gives +% Life Leech. Does that effect my ADCTH or only +X Life Leech mods I can have on my weapon?

I'm also wondering about how Damage Reflection works. Does it reflect only the amount of damage that I actually took, or the damage they would have made if it wasn't for my resistance?
Also does this reflected damage trigger ADCTH?

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask or if this is a general TQ question... Please move this thread if it's the wrong forum and point me to a in depth stat guide if there is one.

bega82
01-07-2015, 03:24 AM
Hi!
I'm also wondering about how Damage Reflection works. Does it reflect only the amount of damage that I actually took, or the damage they would have made if it wasn't for my resistance?
Also does this reflected damage trigger ADCTH?

Hi guys!

I've just been trying an overseer mainly focusing on damage reflection and I also would like to know more about that. And as I found in the related topics ther are not too many answers. :)
So can somebody clarify how damage reflection works or give me some advice about such kind of a character?

Thanks a lot! ;)

ac_ipt
01-07-2015, 10:07 AM
I think there was a recent post about this somewhere else, but right now I don't remember exactly where (will link it if I find it).

Basic idea is...
Damage reflection, reflects back a % of the attacker's damage back to him, this damage will be the same type that the initial attack is dealing (so... you hit fire, you receive fire). Only thing that will change... is that now the reflection will count as damage coming from the one dealing it.

The % of reflection is applied before armour reduction and resistances, so even if the mob (or you) block the attack, the reflection will still happen and f.e. if you deal 100 fire damage and the mob resists 10 and has a 50% reflection, the mob will be hit for 90, but will reflect 50 (50% of 100).

Since it works like that, you won't apply ADCtH or similar effect if the mobs hit you, when you're hit, you'll reflect all their damage types and proc any of your retaliation damages (but these don't count as reflection).

Finally... debuffing and resistances... if you debuff an enemy's resistances, they will take increased damage from reflection (imagine the example above, with you being attacked, you're reflecting 50fire damage, and the mob has 10% resistance -> 45final damage, if you manage to reduce it's resistance, it will take the 50 or even more if you can make it negative resistance). Similarly, when you attack stuff you want to resist your own type of damage so you don't kill yourself in some situations. And since the reflected damage will act like being dealt by that mob, if you stack reduced damage from X (undead for example) you will reduce it even further.

I really hope this is not that confusing :errf: but I'll be happy to explain further if need be.

Advice: try and get lots of resistances for yourself so you can withstand more punishment to reflect even more damage, get some good sources of reflection and some debuffs if you can, oh and carry "reduced damage from race" gear with you, you'll be that more resistant to mobs, but you'll still reflect a lot of damage back :)

bega82
01-08-2015, 03:27 AM
I think there was a recent post about this somewhere else, but right now I don't remember exactly where (will link it if I find it).

Basic idea is...
Damage reflection, reflects back a % of the attacker's damage back to him, this damage will be the same type that the initial attack is dealing (so... you hit fire, you receive fire). Only thing that will change... is that now the reflection will count as damage coming from the one dealing it.

The % of reflection is applied before armour reduction and resistances, so even if the mob (or you) block the attack, the reflection will still happen and f.e. if you deal 100 fire damage and the mob resists 10 and has a 50% reflection, the mob will be hit for 90, but will reflect 50 (50% of 100).

Since it works like that, you won't apply ADCtH or similar effect if the mobs hit you, when you're hit, you'll reflect all their damage types and proc any of your retaliation damages (but these don't count as reflection).

Finally... debuffing and resistances... if you debuff an enemy's resistances, they will take increased damage from reflection (imagine the example above, with you being attacked, you're reflecting 50fire damage, and the mob has 10% resistance -> 45final damage, if you manage to reduce it's resistance, it will take the 50 or even more if you can make it negative resistance). Similarly, when you attack stuff you want to resist your own type of damage so you don't kill yourself in some situations. And since the reflected damage will act like being dealt by that mob, if you stack reduced damage from X (undead for example) you will reduce it even further.

I really hope this is not that confusing :errf: but I'll be happy to explain further if need be.

Advice: try and get lots of resistances for yourself so you can withstand more punishment to reflect even more damage, get some good sources of reflection and some debuffs if you can, oh and carry "reduced damage from race" gear with you, you'll be that more resistant to mobs, but you'll still reflect a lot of damage back :)

Wow, thanks mate! :cool: That's a preety cool summary with a lot of important information. ;)

One more thing: the maximum amount of reflection is 100%? Or it could be more than that?

Nightmare14
01-08-2015, 04:25 AM
There is no max on reflection, if you have 200% reflection it will reflect twice the damage if you have 1000% damage it will reflect 10 times the damage

While everything ac said is correct I will just add, to make sure there's no misunderstanding, the only way to improve damage reflected is to stack more reflection or reduce enemy resistance

bega82
01-08-2015, 05:57 AM
There is no max on reflection, if you have 200% reflection it will reflect twice the damage if you have 1000% damage it will reflect 10 times the damage

While everything ac said is correct I will just add, to make sure there's no misunderstanding, the only way to improve damage reflected is to stack more reflection or reduce enemy resistance

OK, thanks to you too. That's good news because I think I'm already able to reach 103% and I suppose it's gonna be higher later. :) I just worried about the stack only counts until it gets 100%. It won't be enough I guess. :D

And what about "X % chance to reflect Y % damage" ? I mean, if I have a relic in my shield that says: "12% chance to 50% damage reflected" and an artifact that has the same attribute then how will they stack?
24% chance of reflecting half of the damae? 12% chance of reflecting all of the damage? Neither?

ac_ipt
01-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Those will proc separately from each other.
So you'll have a 12% chance for 50% reflection on the relic and 12% chance for 50% reflection on the artifact.
Sometimes only one will proc, most of the time none will and rarely both will proc at the same time.

bega82
01-08-2015, 12:56 PM
So you'll have a 12% chance for 50% reflection on the relic and 12% chance for 50% reflection on the artifact.
Sometimes only one will proc, most of the time none will and rarely both will proc at the same time.

Ah, I see! Thank you again. :)

bega82
01-08-2015, 01:58 PM
Guys! Do "+% total damage" increase reflected damage as well? I guess not. But I'm not sure. :D

ac_ipt
01-08-2015, 02:17 PM
As stated a few posts above by Nightmare

the only way to improve damage reflected is to stack more reflection or reduce enemy resistance

bega82
01-09-2015, 03:21 AM
As stated a few posts above by Nightmare

OK, I see. Unfortunately the project has to be postponed because my laptop decided to stop working! :(
But thanks for the help anyway. :)

ac_ipt
01-09-2015, 06:21 AM
That's a bummer, well I hope you get it fixed soon :D

Nightmare14
01-09-2015, 07:45 AM

Im pretty sure seen both are 50% they stack to make 24% chance of one was was 50% and the other was 51% then they would be separate
Also those chance to cast will add on top of your permanent reflect damage when they are procced

Everything else does like 2 pieces of 5% for 1sec stun stack to make 10% for 1 sec stun however 5% for 1 sec stun and 5% for 1.5 sec stun won't stack

bega82
02-16-2015, 07:18 AM
Hey guys!

I'm back. :) Unfortunately my laptop could not be fixed (RIP) but now I have a new one. And my only game is TQ right now. :D
Well as far as I played this character, I can say that damage reflect is not so big. I'm much more efficient with the passive shield procs and with cleave than reflected damage. However when I use rally the reflection is cool but it only lasts 18 seconds with 45 cooldown. Will I find stuffs that has higher percent reflection later? For example epic or legendary, because in normal I only found items with 5 or 6 percent, except an amulet with 10% and a shield with 11%.
So I have about 130% constant damage reflect which is quite little. And appr. 200% with rally, it is not so bad but temporary.
This kind of character will be rocking with at least 200-250% constant reflection, but I'm afraid it will be difficult to reach that level without better items. Not to mention the fact that the reflected damage type is the same that the actual enemy use... which they usually pretty resistant to. What do you think?