View Full Version : Help a Noob!
07-12-2006, 03:03 PM
I am currently having three problems with the Editor and I am new to the Titan Quest Editor. They are:
1: How do I make the Rock cliffs? Like the ones you see on the sides of cliffs and in the orient campaign.. All I can find right now is the raise ground! :(
2: How do I delete a river once i have placed it? I can move it around and such but the delete key doesn't work.
3: How do I use TQ's database for monsters, skills, classes, and levels and such?
I am sure I will have to post others, but thank you for the help ! ^_^!
1) The cliffs are part objects not terrain textures. You find them under records directory, similar to monsters and such.
2) Set intensity to 0%
3) You must import a .dbr record into the database. That record then overrides the default database, so you are free to make changes to it at will.
To import it in you go to mod -> import record
07-12-2006, 03:17 PM
1. Cliffs are items to be placed. Not in textures or ground editing. The first icon/button along the top row.
2. I've never had a problem deleting anything using the DELETE key.
3. Basically, creatures are placed items. Each type of (single) creature or proxie (random creature(s) of various types) is placed on your map and wil be have as expected. If you use the Art Manager in the database tab, however, you can import (i.e., duplicate) specific creatures/proxies and customize them for your game world.
All this is explained in the modders guide PDF (to some degree).
07-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Thank you both a lot! This greatly helps me.
07-13-2006, 06:34 AM
Regarding river deletion:
The delete key doesn't work here. Instead use the Backspace key.
From the modders guide (chapter 5.2, page 25):
7) If you feel your placement of a control point is completely unforgivable, you can press backspace at any point to delete the last control point you placed.
Just press backspace until all of the control points are deleted.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.