PDA

View Full Version : Lilith + Diablo II Immortal

FOE
02-28-2012, 03:21 AM
If you are looking for the release, it can be found here (http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/42868-RELEASE-Diablo-2-Lilith). -Vio

Hello,

I would like to play Lilith with Diablo II immortal!

So I've use ModMerge (http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/36618-ModMerge) to combine these mods .. without success! :( (The error-code was send to the programmer, but he has ATM no idea.)

Has someone succeeded it with success?

Shalie
02-28-2012, 04:37 AM
From my experience, ModMerge will only work correctly when combining two mods that change different things.
(usually this means at least one mod is a small change).
When I merged the 1.17 database with DoubleOrNothing, I noticed some changes from 1.17 weren't included.

Since Lilith and DII Immortal are both large overhaul mods, you'll have to merge them manually. And even then I expect you wont be able to include everything from both.
I would extract the database from both mods to different folders, then use WinMerge (http://winmerge.org/) to compare all the files. That tool will show you what lines are different in each .dbr and allow you to choose which change you want to keep. Then rebuild the database with Art Manager.

FOE
02-28-2012, 04:43 AM
Hello Shalie,

Ok ... and THX for answer.

Violos
02-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Since Lilith and DII Immortal are both large overhaul mods, you'll have to merge them manually. And even then I expect you wont be able to include everything from both.
Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Putting in the masteries should not be too much of a problem, but other parts are a bit more complicated.

Most of all, though, it takes time to do it properly... and testing. Checking every change I make is what uses most of my time already, and checking the results of whole merges is no small feat.

If you want to see Diablo II Lilith done any time soon, somebody will have to volunteer for that.

FOE
02-29-2012, 03:52 AM
Morning!

Tamschi has created a new version of ModMerge (http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/36618-ModMerge) after I've written him regarding the failed attempts with Lilith + D2I.

With the new version it worked now once without error and also a short test times proceeded without problems! :D

Screenshot (http://666kb.com/i/c1o2678snmvwotz4y.jpg)

Shalie
02-29-2012, 05:54 AM
Sweet :)
The question is now, how much of DII Immortal are you missing ;)

FOE
02-29-2012, 05:59 AM
I'll see it ... ;)

Violos
02-29-2012, 08:53 AM
Cool!
That's already a big step.

I suppose Modmerge creates a new combined database? Could you upload that? Because the I could just extract that result and fix it, where appropriate, with my own files.
EDIT: Nevermind, just merging it myself. :)

To find out how well this really works, and what may have to be changed, here's a few things you could help checking:

1) Resistances
In order to preserve the relative strengths of monster resistances and the relative effect of player skills on them, D2I uses a combination of +x and +% res bonuses (http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/36626-WIP-Diablo-2-Immortal-Development?p=420054&viewfull=1#post420054) in higher difficulties. Basically meaning that higher resistances increase more than low ones, with everything above 47% in normal becoming an immunity in legendary.

So we may be looking at a LOT of immunes in epic and leg, maybe to multiple damages, depending on the values on the Lilith monsters. They do show primary resists in their name, which is great, but those may be in effect too early, or not the only ones.
That's something I can look into in detail once I get the files.

2) Spawn number
Lilith already spawns many monsters, and D2I also increases them, and makes them considerably stronger in later difficulties.
If Lilith multiplies their numbers in places other than the gameengine.dbr, the effects might multiply and yield xmax-like hordes of monsters, with the same remifications for class/skill balance and viable chocies.
Also, numbers + strength combined may make the game quite hard by epic already.

3) Spawn types
Do you meet Lilith or D2I monsters, or both? Depending on whether Lilith uses its own proxies / pools / monsters or just modified old ones, you may get some strange results where the ones I modified override the others.

4) Items
Some D2I-specific items may not be attainable.
While all edited TQ items should simply appear in their new forms, and Lilith hopefully does use TQ's (now modified) boss chest lootables, some only drop from the SP chest or specific boss monsters.

5) Scarecrows
Talking about edited items, the full integration of javelins does mean that every spear-wielding enemy also has a 1/3 chance of getting one. While I did usually replace the common animation tables instead of editing individual enemies, and the Lilith monsters hopefully use them instead of custom ones, you may meet some enemies which lack the required animations and just stand there with their arms stretched out.

6) Modstrings/Tags
Lilith adds a lot of new text, and so does D2I. Choosing either mod's text file over another will inevitably create a lot of undefined tags. (Luckily, they are easy to combine.)

7) Quest Skills
If Lilith used the quest/scroll skill trees to add its own reward or skill effects (like the permanent resistance from delphi) those will not work since D2I comes its own versions of those.

...and certainly other stuff I didn't think about.

What you will probably be missing in all of this, depending on 3), are D2I's pimped and new enemies and bosses along with their special items and better drop rates.

But still, with Lilith bringing its own monsters and great map with "Diablo-like" dungeons, the result is certainly worth playing too!

FOE
02-29-2012, 09:12 AM
Cool!
That's already a big step.
Yes! :)

I suppose Modmerge creates a new combined database?
Yes ... with settings: Map - Lilith; Database - 1.) Lilith, 2.) Diablo II Immortal; Ressourcen -
1.) Lilith, 2.) Diablo II Immortal

(I'll also make it with setting: "Database - 1.) Diablo II Immortal, 2.) Lilith; Ressourcen -
1.) Diablo II Immortal, 2.) Lilith".)

Could you upload that?
Of course ... LilithD2I_arz.zip (http://www.file-upload.net/download-4156086/LilithD2I_arz.zip.html) (1. Settings)!

But still, with Lilith bringing its own monsters and great map with "Diablo-like" dungeons, the result is certainly worth playing too!
Of course. :D

Violos
02-29-2012, 09:59 AM
As said above, I just made my own merge, with the latest version of D2I + a combined English modstrings (http://filesmelt.com/dl/text.arc) getting priority over Lilith.

Looks good so far. Tags work, and the first spawns are Lilith monsters in Lilith numbers.

The other things are still open. But you can certainly start the adventure already!

As for the database, I'm not sure which one is better to have priority right now... would have to extract Lilith's and compare the important files. In doubt I would say use D2I though, because then you are sure to get the bonuses to DoT and Retaliation damages later.

FOE
02-29-2012, 10:06 AM
As said above, I just made my own merge, ...
Oh ... Ok ...

As for the database, I'm not sure which one is better to have priority right now...
Same to.

I've make it now like 2. Settings but not yet test it.

Changes by:

- LilithD2I.arz
- creatures.arc
- ingameui.arc
- items.arc
- quests.arc

Violos
02-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Alright

After some complications I extracted Lilith DB. What I found was that most of the custom stuff is not even in the records folder, so there are very few common files. Among those that conflicted, some from Lilith seemed to be almost unchanged originals, so all they would do is undo what D2I added.
Only one added content that may actually be used by the game (the scroll skill tree I already suspected contains a few summon spells) which has now been incorporated into D2I's respective file, much like I incorporated the Lilith tags into D2I's Modstrings.

--> Give the D2I database and resources priority when merging.

As for the other things Lilith adds, I found that

There are custom chests, but they link to my modified loottables. So D2I stuff will drop from them.

There are custom proxies for lots of areas, probably for every single spawn on the map. So you will likely not meet any D2I monsters (unless I put them there ;)).
It also means the spawns will indeed be the same as Lilith, though they will have D2I's champion multiplier.

Monster resistances would be a problem. The first hero I opened gets 60 across the board, including physical, meaning he would end up being immune to everything in Hell difficulty.
- Except that they are not, as I realized, because only my edited monsters get those new modifiers in the first place. :D So all is good in that regard too.

Some monsters use the common (edited) animation tables, though scarecrows may still appear on those who do not and use spears.

Meaning that except for the last point, a new merge would be good to go.

jiaco
02-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Little late to the game, but yes, Lilith has all custom monsters and proxies. While there are some chests/bonepiles on the ground (and these are stock from TQIT) they touch a very limited amount of the total loot. The biggest issue with merging lilith with any other mod is that you will not be able to find much of the new loot.

Violos
02-29-2012, 02:26 PM
Ok... we'll see how it goes. Thanks for weighing in anyway.

Because as a quick text search showed, the list of animation-lakcking "offenders" was rather short and could be fixed on the spot.

So here's an "all sorted out" test version.
Have a look. If it's good I'll make it into a proper release.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/D2I_Lilith_Test.zip

Drax
02-29-2012, 08:13 PM
So excellent. :)

I wanted D2 Lilith so bad, too! :)

Drax
03-01-2012, 01:17 AM
Well, I tried the one you made, Violos and it crashed twice now when I tried to open the "Secret Chest" that drops the key.

Hmm, I got to thinking and remembered that that problem seemed familiar and I was right. It's a known bug: . "Using some mods that boost loots may crash the game with some Lilith's chests. Please disable this kind of mod if you meet a crash problem."

I was using "increase chest items +1" So, was probably my fault. :)

FOE
03-01-2012, 03:25 AM
--> Give the D2I database and resources priority when merging.
OK, have I done!

As for the other things Lilith adds, I found that
[...]
I thought already these things ...

So here's an "all sorted out" test version.
Have a look. If it's good I'll make it into a proper release.
THX, I'll test it ... in good time. ;)

And THX for making it now! :D

Violos
03-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Well, I tried the one you made, Violos and it crashed twice now when I tried to open the "Secret Chest" that drops the key.

Hmm, I got to thinking and remembered that that problem seemed familiar and I was right. It's a known bug: . "Using some mods that boost loots may crash the game with some Lilith's chests. Please disable this kind of mod if you meet a crash problem."

I was using "increase chest items +1" So, was probably my fault. :)

Saw that edit just in time. :)

Good to hear it... and good to know. Because I did not change any chest, except the one that drops that silk armor. So I had no idea what could have caused this.

Drax
03-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Just tested it and it works fine. Got the Red Key. :) Nice. Time to play it a bit!

That's what happens when you cheat. :P

And many thanks to FOE for your dedication - I wanted to play these classes on Lilith really bad, as well. :)

FOE
03-02-2012, 03:04 AM
And many thanks to FOE for your dedication - I wanted to play these classes on Lilith really bad, as well. :)
No problem! :)

I like very much Lilith and also D2I ... so I want necessarily play both!

Violos
03-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Alright

After setting everything up I spent the best part of the weekend patching Lilith & D2I together, first taking care of the necessary item drops and compatibility issues, then adding some of the neat stuff my enemies do to those of Lilith. That continued today, with the rest of the day spent going through every single area (http://ferrovipathe.free.fr/Lilith/carteb.htm) to find new homes for my bosses and a few monsters (Sand Maggots) that did not appear.
- And realizing just how awesom this map is, of which I've seen only a small part by Asteria... and how a few things I "came up with" for bosses had already been done.

Now I'm just about finished.
Resistances of Lilith creatures are scary (60+ in normal, with TQ's standard scaling adding +30 by Legendary) but I will leave them as they were for now.

The big question is which difficulty to use as a standard for the release. Considering the above, and the hordes of enemies in each area, I'm leaning towards "fast lilith" instead of the standard setting (-40% health to the hordes of monsters) so people will actually have time to complete several difficulties.

What do you think?

FOE
03-05-2012, 03:23 AM
The big question is which difficulty to use as a standard for the release. Considering the above, and the hordes of enemies in each area, I'm leaning towards "fast lilith" instead of the standard setting (-40% health to the hordes of monsters) so people will actually have time to complete several difficulties.

What do you think?
I don't now ... I would say "Standard"!?

But when you think it is to hard, then "fast lilith" is also ok!?

Violos
03-05-2012, 02:41 PM
That was my first thought, of course. But OTOH I kida like the idea of that version, so I decided to stick with it.

One reason being that it is not that much easier - they all still do the full damage. However compared to D2I it shifts the gameplay a bit toward a "low life, high damage" scenario for both the player and the monsters, compensated by increased enemy numbers.

So it will be a faster-paced blood fest which still challenges your reflexes... which is a nice change of pace, which I think the Lilith map is ideal for.

That being said, there will still be ways of changing that setting.

FOE
03-06-2012, 02:39 AM
^^ OK!

You can try to make a "Difficulty Changer"!? Ask mostal for it.

Violos
03-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Alright, it is done (http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/42868-RELEASE-Diablo-2-Lilith).

For the record, the end result now consists of a fresh merge of Fast Lilith with the latest version (1.4) of D2I, which simply received additional dbr files to overwrite some parts of Lilith as opposed to actually merging the two before compiling.

Those contain creature animations, many edited creatures (D2I skills, dex weapons), proxy changes (actual D2I enemies, bosses), merged text files, and some general fixes and improvements, while existing but conflicting files have been adjusted to overwrite or incorporate their pendants.

The whole thing took a bit longer due to certain compications (http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/42755-Titan-Quest-Tools-Code-Dump?p=451198&viewfull=1#post451198) with the method of merging (though I do not doubt that this can be useful) and necessary fixes to get around them while still avoiding the "big mod". But it should be OK now.

The benefit of this, of course, is that now everyone can make their own D2 Liliths by just merging 1.4 with any Lilith, or more mods, without missing out on any content!

-> No need for custom difficulty changers here. :)

And speaking of merging, D2I v1.4 also brings its own improvements besides the "Lilith merging kit". Most notably, I dissected Yourfriend's sound mod and fused the parts I liked into D2I, along with more original Diablo sounds.
But that will get its own release thread.

All in all, I'm happy with the result, even though there are always more things to do. The big non-linear dungeons and original music were exactly what D2I was still missing.
No regrets about several days spent doing little else....yet. ;) Actually, had I discovered earlier how huge and well-done Lilith really is, I would have tried making this after the first beta.

So thanks for showing me, I guess. And enjoy "your" mod.

FOE
03-07-2012, 03:33 AM
[...]

So thanks for showing me, I guess. And enjoy "your" mod.
In any case! :D

Captain_Perfect
03-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Umm...Is there a Mystic or something in Lilith so that I could reset my skillpoints?
If not, is there any other way to do it?

FOE
03-27-2012, 08:57 AM
Hello!

Yes, but only in the city of Asteria - Part 2 from Lilith.

Captain_Perfect
03-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Ok thanks! good to know. (:

TQpewpew
06-26-2012, 10:39 PM
I merged my own version and tried the complete version, but in both no characters load in the village, the bottom interface isn't diablo 2, I can't use portals (there is a giant black hole), and no monsters chests or other NPCs appear

Violos
06-27-2012, 09:29 AM
That sounds like something in your files is seriously messed up.
No idea what went wrong, but the downloads are fine afaik. Where did you get it from?

Best just delete the entire folder in custommaps, load the latest version and follow the install steps in the readme file.
Then you can't go wrong.

Violos
10-12-2012, 12:00 PM
I finally finished making the first

Diablo 2 Lilith Movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j42QUfeTwLY

A day in the lives of some low-level D2I characters (and a higher-level "Amazon"), from the humble beginnings to their first epic battle.

Lay back and enjoy the Diablo atmosphere.

P.S.:
Vilgeflix is an Ama/Necro/Sorc/Barb Hybrid, btw, not just Ama/Sorc. You can also see him using Poison Dagger, Teeth, Bash and Double Throw.

...and now have 50 gigs of extra free space on my HD again. :)