PDA

View Full Version : petmancer no kills no death idea

Nightmare14
02-09-2012, 05:07 AM
im thinking bout tryna do a no deaths no kills pet mance involving nature and im not sure whether to go storm or spirit, because plague is making my wolves do 700-800 damage (with a ritualist ring just 1 and a amulet of convocation) and i was woundering which would be better squalls ability to reduce resistances or the lich kings ability to reduce resistances

i was also thinking bout pumping up strength for the character so that could wear heavy armour for my own surviablity seen im plannning on be nothing more then a defensive wall for my pets that reduces the enemies for the pets would this be a good idea?

any advise would be greatly appriciated

ps yes i have read the the summoner build with the no deaths no kills but i dont wanna do earth and nature i wanna do storm and nature or spirit and nature as i explained above thus want advise on possible builds and what not for which ever of those to classes people think is better for the purposes i stated

Shalie
02-09-2012, 05:28 AM
Spirit is the better choice, the lich king is probably the strongest pet in the game. You don't really need squall when you already have plague, and the elemental boost from the wisp does nothing for your physical damage dealing wolves.

Builds like this have always been popular in no deaths challenges, but people don't tank for the pets. They send the pets forward and wait safely in the back.

Nightmare14
02-09-2012, 05:39 AM
fair enuf ill go spirit then, with all my characters with nature the wolves have survived longer and done more damage when ive tanked for them which is why im gonna be tanking for the pets especially the wolves (they are rather good expect people make mistake of thinking they are meant to protect you when reallly they are meant to be used for damage and buff while you protect them)

Shalie
02-09-2012, 06:05 AM
A good way to tank would be to get a fast melee weapon, a source of %Attack Damage converted to health and the Deathchill aura tree from Spirit, you will be able to leech life back faster than most monsters can kill you. You won't have to worry about the lower damage from your weapon when your pets do all the killing, and you'll also benefit from Strength of the Pack.
Wolves can also benefit from the Deathchill tree if with the Maul skill.

Example TitanCalc (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=&master1=2&master2=4&sa=21&m1=32-6-0-0-8-1-1-0-0-16-1-0-8-0-1-0-1-0-1-1-0-0-0&m2=32-0-16-12-0-12-8-0-1-8-1-0-0-1-6-12-1-8-0-0-0-0-0)
You can then get Dark Covenant and synergy to boost your own damage, or improve your pets skills. The lich king takes a lot of skill points to fully max, but his Arcane Blast spell is not recommended as it lowers the number of times he casts Soul Blight (he gets that skill at lvl 5).

Nightmare14
02-09-2012, 06:14 AM
thing is i dont really plan on using a weapon for damaging cos like i said i want a no kills if thats possible, but ill keep that in mind if i run into trouble thank you

that build is sorta what im planning at least with the pets except ill probably take points outta maul and put them in lich kings wraith shell or death nova

ive actually never really used dark convanent it seems very costly unless your using it with a diviner, is it really a skill worth considering?

Shalie
02-09-2012, 06:26 AM
It provides a nice boost to damage and speed, most of the time you'll want one point in DK and max Unearthly Power. The loss of life is countered by ADctH, something Spirit is very good at thanks to the Deathchill aura.

You wont have to worry about killing a lot yourself when your gear is completely focused on pet bonuses, and it will help offset the boring part waiting for your pets to kill everything. Besides, you'll have to kill stuff first to even level to level 2 :surprised:

Nightmare14
02-09-2012, 06:34 AM
yet again i wanna try no kills so that whole ADctH is obsolete unless i have to change to it cos of problems

im planning on starting the character in multiplayer and leeching exp from them killing and start off as nature to get the wolves first