PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a class- any advice appreciated!os

casshyr
02-03-2012, 05:55 PM
I have recently finished playing two kinds of builds:
-storm + earth
-nature + warfare

I find that for the first one, it is too much of a castor for my taste, while for the second one, it is too much melee clicking..

is there a build that is kinda in between, where you have both melee and magic skills to employ? (and of course, still powerful. i am not looking for a weak build to challenge myself)

I would also prefer to avoid builds that require a lot of micro-management. I tried warfare + rogue and warfare + hunting, and their defence was too weak in defence for my taste.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Medea Fleecestealer
02-04-2012, 03:39 AM
Try making a Templar (Defense/Dream). With Defense you have a lot of passive skills which work without having to activate them while Dream gives you some magic abilities like Distortion Wave tree and Distort Reality tree. Psionic Touch tree on the LMB will increase your DPS and you have a choice of 3 Trances, 2 which deal damage and 1 to help you survive. You also have two skills to help you get quickly in amongst those pesky groups of archers, etc., in Defense's Shield Charge tree and Dream's Phantom Strike tree. And if you want a pet there's Dream's Nightmare to help you out.

Nightmare14
02-04-2012, 10:16 AM
a good class would be a Ritualist (Nature+Dream) its an excellent choice for surviability and the dps can be very high from both you and the pets, a maxed out Toc with Mastermind maxed out will have the wolves rather powerful espically when they have SotP maxed out, the class can easily go either melee or caster or even both with DR/TR and DW being excellent defensive and offensive abilities, having at least +4 to all skills will make ToC give 20%damage absorbtion along with the health and energy regen making both you and the wolves rather survivable, while the HoO give +85%health anyway its a strong class and fun to (not to mention that the ToC and HoO both being active looks really cool :P)

ps even without +4 to all skills the Toc still gives 15% damage absorbtion and HoO give +50% health :D

Fozzie
02-05-2012, 05:02 AM
Also, a trapper Rogue (+X) would be an alternative to a pet class in terms of not having to click monsters to a pulp yourself all the time.

Or, of course, any Hunting build using a bow. Still a lot of clicking, but no melee ;)