PDA

View Full Version : How about dual monitor mouse capture support?

ThisIsMyUserName
07-12-2006, 12:43 PM
1) Dual monitor mouse capturing...

I run 2 monitors and this game does not "capture" my mouse within the game window. Since the game is heavily based around clicking like a maniac I often click past the edge of the primary monitor.

This results in the game minimizing and tabbing me out. There seems to be some sort of protection against this but it should be prevented in the first place. Their protection is that when you alt tab, the game seems to pause. I've ran off the screen mid fight vs about 20 monsters only to tab back in to see myself with the same life I had prior to tabbing out.

Btw I know I can use 3rd party programs to lock the mouse inside of a specific window, but I refuse to use UltraMon or whatever that popular dual monitor program is.

2) Ditch the chat window entirely.

Have it default to "Enter" (or a specific hotkey) to bring up a small textbox to enter text. Have all written text be written ontop of the game. Have a seperate chat log that can be shown/hidden assigned to a hotkey (to read backlogged text).

3) Some form of a friends list for multiplayer.

4) Graphic options to toggle dynamic lighting and reflective surfaces on and off in addition to their current low-high settings.

Tiegandos
07-12-2006, 01:56 PM
I believe that you can already turn the reflections on and off

looty
07-12-2006, 03:37 PM
I believe that you can already turn the reflections on and off

You can set them to low, like shadows, but not off.

I read somewhere on this forum somebody turned shadows to "High" and they turned off. Didn't work with my video card, but it might work with others.

Max
07-12-2006, 04:04 PM
The multi-monitor issue a known problem that we'll try to address in the future.

Max

Stadius
07-15-2006, 03:39 PM
I would like to see multimonitor properly implemented so that I can have my character, skill, and inventory screens all visible on the secondary monitor.

Also, when trading online, wouldn't it be nice if you could keep the game open and browse thru the entire inventory and set lists that are available on GameBanshee.

ThisIsMyUserName
07-16-2006, 03:56 AM
I don't think we'll be able to have our character stats on the second monitor.

When you run multiple monitors windows "sees" it as 1 giant screen resolution. If you had 2x monitors running at 1600x1200 windows will see it as 3200x1200, assuming you have them side by side.

This is why most windows applications work fine with dual monitors. In photoshop if you move the toolbar over to the other monitor, it's really saying "ok, load the toolwindow at the location 3140x600", and windows will put that in the middle corner of your second screen because it thinks your screen is 3200x1200.

Now, TQ runs at 800x600 or whatever resolution you use. The game window is physically 800x600 pixels. In order to access the other monitor the game resolution would have to be so large it would not be possible to run.

The other thing (being able to use the 2nd monitor without minimizing the game) is a windows limitation as far as I know. If you try to leave the game, it tabs out and minimizes in full screen mode. This happens on pretty much every game.

If you want to play on 1 monitor and use the second without tabbing out you'd have to run the game in a window mode rather than full screen.