PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILERS* New Bosses and how to defeat them.

Violos
11-20-2011, 07:33 AM
Use this thread to discuss the new/changed Bosses in Diablo II Immortal.

EDIT:
Now that the mod has been out for a while, I suppose it is OK to discuss secret encounters as well.
Just be aware that you may get spoilered.

Violos
11-20-2011, 07:44 AM
I found another problem!!! His name is Duriel. He is a way to big for his small area,cuz his area is only 3xtimes his lenght, he slows me from 133% movespeed to 100% back, do 300-500 dmg to me with each hit and he attacks fast. He has maybe either to much armor or to good resitances against dmg. So how should i defeat him?? i died now 4 time , with different tactics, with no chance of winning. Its really frustrating. On Normaöl i could only beat him, cuz i used tq defiler to give me much hp.Sounds just like the original Duriel in Diablo II.

Indeed. :)
Apparently you never knew the joy of facing him with a Sorc. Though in fact I made him a little easier here, since you cannot whittle him down by dying enough times.

The key is his slow. Remember the gear that protects against slowing or sleep, which you learned to ignore in IT? You actually get to use that in D2I.

Also, IIRC, you are playing a Cold Sorc. As one could guess from his freezing aura, he has massive resistances against that type of damage - up to total immunity in Hell. Use something else.

Jonney
11-20-2011, 09:11 AM
The key is his slow. Remember the gear that protects against slowing or sleep, which you learned to ignore in IT? You actually get to use that in D2I.

Ok, but i found only 4 Items that protect against slow.(Bracers and Greaves of the argonauts,Embodiment & Incarnation of Iron Will of Ajax)
So any1 knows more items??

he has massive resistances against that type of damage - up to total immunity in Hell. Use something else.

Ok, than i had to to reskill again :(:errf:

Violos
11-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Ok, than i had to to reskill again
You should get more than one element after Normal anyway.

D2I Epic is harder than IT Epic. A resistance displayed in the name means ~80% here, with Fire/Ice Sprites and the like already having immunities.

Jonney
11-20-2011, 10:50 AM
You should get more than one element after Normal anyway.

maybe, but before Duriel i hadn't any problems with just 1 Element in epic^^
but yes i need 1 more element^^.
And finaly i pwned Duriel. I used a Scroll of the Sky's Rage bind him, cuz than he wants to attack it but he can't^^^XD
and i put every point i could get in Firebolt+Mod+Mastery (25/20+25/20+25/20), i took a staff with +%firedmg and essence of Anubis Rage with +50% dmg to demons as bonus. After doing all that he died in 20 sec, i had to tank him 5 secs, cuz Scroll of the Sky's Rage duration is only 15 sec, but in this 5 sec he nearly killed me, but at the end i killed him^^.
Now had to reskill again :(

Violos
11-22-2011, 05:42 AM
+% Damage against Demons does not help against Demon Lords, though.

One should think it does, but by having differenct names, they are considered different races.
- Just like Telkines and Titans used to be.

Jonney
11-22-2011, 07:22 AM
One should think it does, but by having differenct names, they are considered different races.
- Just like Telkines and Titans used to be.
Ok. Normaly i don't use any +%damage to <insert race>, cuz i don't have to in normal TQIT. So idk anything about the differences. As i said normaly u don't need to get well through the game^^

csabadns
02-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Indeed. :)
Apparently you never knew the joy of facing him with a Sorc. Though in fact I made him a little easier here, since you cannot whittle him down by dying enough times.

Also, IIRC, you are playing a Cold Sorc. As one could guess from his freezing aura, he has massive resistances against that type of damage - up to total immunity in Hell. Use something else.
I faced him last week with my dual Barb...he indeed killed me once, but that was because I didn't know yet what to expect of him...but as soon as I learned his moves he was down...not very fast, but he sure fell.
Oh and by the way, great job in twieking the monsters, the difficulty is higher then in IT...really love the "inflato-djiins":D:D

BigVanBlitzko
02-26-2012, 03:53 AM
Word of advice for Andariel: If you don't have boosted movement, get it because she loves to throw a poison aura of sorts if you stay still too long. Range is your friend here, and if you're an Amazon that's leveled up some, the charged strike skill is a monster help. Demons (and demon lords) aren't exactly fond of electrical burn.

Duriel: I haven't gotten to him yet (just got the mod. BTW, wonderful job giving me that feeling of D2 that I've been missing for years!), but I have a feeling that he still thinks of Amazons as snack food with their own toothpicks. Chucking javelins charged strike should mess around with him yeah?

Jonney, Lightning and Cold may be your best bet for a double-element because if D2I Hell is anything like D2, there's going to be quite a few more immune to fires running about than immune to lightning.

lupo29x
03-18-2012, 09:02 PM
ok, i can say i've seen this bug twice now.

in the spartan woods(act 1 norm), in the valley between the first 2 camps just after you enter the area, a GIANT hero grade golden lvl 20 boar spawns. with a tag not found name.
without grinding i normally get there (in this mod) around lvl 10 or so....
needless to say, i have to either avoid that spot or reload so it hopefully doesn't respawn.

maybe lower it's lvl to 15 or less....unless there's a way to beat it or it's lvl and spawn are intentional.
as it stands i just get 1 hitted every time so i'll just go around it for now when it shows up.

lordktim
03-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Who is this (in the red circle)?
He killed me by one hit =]

Violos
03-23-2012, 04:08 PM
@lupo29x/lordktim

That is Hildisvíni, the Mechanical Boar. (AKA "tag not found" in the current version.)

Originally an epic-onward hero, I did give him a small chance to already spawn in normal as a way of winning some early mechanical parts.
He may be a bit too strong for that point in the game, especially vs. newer players. But you can avoid him, since he only spawns in that spot.

Once you have some speed, you can kite him as you can any boar, by running away until he stops to attack.
Just don't run too far away once he has spotted you - that makes him mad!

Jonney
03-24-2012, 06:28 AM
Where did u get the Scyth?

csabadns
03-25-2012, 06:09 AM
Where did u get the Scyth?

You sometimes get it from a satyr in the third quest, the one with the cornered man, just outside Helos.

flix
03-25-2012, 05:56 PM
ANDARIEL, MAIDEN OF ANGUISH

The first boss from D2 makes her appearance in D2I in the Athens catacombs! Kudos on the design Violos.

Dumdeedum, time to go fight AlastorOHMYGODIT'SANDARIEL!!

Bolster your poison resist and beware her devastating poison nova that will continue to gnaw away at your health even after she is defeated and you think you are safe. Poison attacks are not much use, but she was vulnerable to fire (Corpse Explosion) and magic (Teeth + Amplify Damage). My minions crumbled like dust before her.

Cleglaw
08-12-2012, 03:51 PM
There is a minor exploit with Duriel. If you don't fully enter the chamber, and then hit him with a ranged attack, he will chase you outside of his small chamber which gives you more room to maneuver.
Also, Blaze is the Sorceress kiter's friend. It won't kill Duriel quickly, but it will whittle his life away.

csabadns
08-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Have a question, does The Wanderer die, or just disappears; met him twice, but still I'm not sure if I managed to kill him or not. Although the location, imo, would have been much better in the Orient. Nice surprise though.

Violos
08-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Did he turn into a giant freaking demon, aka the Lord of Terror, and roast you before you brought him down?

Otherwise, no, I do not think you killed him... ;)

csabadns
08-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Ok, you scared the living sh.t out of me now:D

Nightmare14
09-24-2012, 12:42 AM
how can you kill toxeus the bastard follows you all the way bhack to the bloody entrance of the secrete passage and he heals like crazy hell if i could survive long enough he'd probably follow me all the way back to rhodes -.- so yeah how can you kill him seen attack and retreat don't work and it's impossible to survive more then 5 hits

im a paladin/sorceress if that helps

Violos
09-24-2012, 06:40 PM
I do not think I changed Toxeus... except maybe for his AI, to create a less predictable leash.
So basically, except for specific skills, use the same tactics as always.

Most importantly, you do not have to kill him in order to open the big chest. Secondly, you do not have to open the cage.

As a Sorc, you can just roast Arthur and his friends from the outside, using Fire Wall or the like.

Nightmare14
09-24-2012, 09:17 PM
it looks like he has the meditation aura with how fast he heals as well as the glow that's always aroud him

and ok thats good what do you have to kill to open the chest then? in the normal game i've alwayys had to kill everything

essjayehm
09-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Upon entering the SP, you do have to kill Dave, the big turtle. The evil squirrel underlords demand sacrifice before opening the doors to the secret passage. AFAIK, you don't have to kill the next 3 guys, and in the basement, everything but Toxeus must be killed before the ulitmate turtle overlord that sits upon the Secret Passage Royal Throne will open the chest for you.

er... in the regular game, that is ;) But I don't think Violos would change those paramaters :confused:

Violos
09-25-2012, 07:31 AM
No.
I did change the chest drops, though, so you should definitely check that out.

Cleglaw
09-25-2012, 08:58 AM
No.
I did change the chest drops, though, so you should definitely check that out.
NOBODY expects the Spanish Requisition! ~Monty Python

Nightmare14
09-25-2012, 10:47 PM
i think my game is broken :( toxeus can still kill me through the gate :/ and he's only one left and the chest won't open :/

Shalie
09-26-2012, 03:40 AM
Toxeus has reflection, you can kill yourself just by hitting him. And you probably missed a monster in one of the cages, some of them are not very aggressive.

Violos
09-26-2012, 10:10 AM
NOBODY expects the Spanish Requisition! ~Monty Python

:)

Well, the reaction (http://www.titanquest-esp.com/foros/viewtopic.php?p=81437#p81437) to it was indeed a surprise... albeit a pleasant one.
That was the first time aeab15 posted anything there.

Cleglaw
10-12-2012, 05:21 AM
What have you done to the Hydra?

Violos
10-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Not much, I think. Changed her name, for a reason you may find out later.
Maybe buffed her hit damage or AI a bit, to discourage people from just rushing to melee and staying there.

As a rule of thumb, when there was a single trick to easily "break" a boss, changes may have been made to discourage that. That is why some of the D2I bosses punish you for kiting from a distance (Hildisvini rage) or have mechanics that prevent the fight from being a melee-range gear check (Mephisto's posion form), so you get more interesting battles.

Nightmare14
12-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Enslaved Spul - Hades, how do you kill that bastard? im using paladin/sorceress with the skills concentration, firebal, firewall, and lightening and try running circles but takes forever to take his health done and its had to dodge that wave when those ball things that through the 6 projectiles and they deal tons of damage

Cleglaw
12-10-2012, 09:50 AM
With a sorceress you can stay on the outside of the closed door and kill him, hitting him with spells when he is in range. If he doesn't come into range, you can teleport in and out of the door. Be aware that his spells will penetrate the door. Your big advantage here is that you can move back to safety and rest, regenerating health and energy.

You should have points in Resist Fire and/or Resist Lightning if those are the elements you kill with.

Make sure you have plenty of vitality resistance.

Nightmare14
12-10-2012, 09:54 AM
ok thanks i'll keep that in mind next time i fight him

i managed to beat him by standing underneath him and for some reason his attacks didnt damage me even though they were direct hits while i was standing directly underneath him, don't know if i can recreate the bug and don't think im gonna try fighting him again anytime soon :P

Violos
12-10-2012, 12:49 PM
If you plan on beating him without using bugs, mind that he is a ghost. You can use that against him, even as a half-paladin.

Also, he is married, and cannot stand his wife's tears. ;)

Nightmare14
12-10-2012, 11:06 PM
If you plan on beating him without using bugs, mind that he is a ghost. You can use that against him, even as a half-paladin.

Also, he is married, and cannot stand his wife's tears. ;)

its not like i actually planned on using the bug i just found it and after having died 8 timesto him i was just like "fuck it" when i found it lol

alright thanks Violos

Violos
01-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Maeusle has provided us with some nice shots of everyone's favourite beef gate:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/130119/wqhj4ojp.jpg

Cleglaw
01-20-2013, 03:56 PM
Where is the location in the pic?

Maeusle
01-20-2013, 04:29 PM
It`s just a little bit outside of Duriels chamber...

Shalie
01-21-2013, 06:15 PM
I encountered something cool in Soronis: Castermare
http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q606/Shaliebucket/Castermare_zpsc132388e.png

This crazy pony casts lightning bolt, a fire storm and some crazy dance of bolts :eek:
http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q606/Shaliebucket/castermaredance_zps2af923ae.png

I got a cool item though, an artifact that summons a merchant horse :)
http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q606/Shaliebucket/reinsofcastermare_zpsf20ef6eb.png http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q606/Shaliebucket/Castermaremerchant_zpsa6c54aa6.png

- - - Updated - - -

The weirdest part of this encounter is that I came across a second Castermare a bit farther, and he dropped this crazy hat:
http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q606/Shaliebucket/purplehatofpurpleness_zps48db051b.png

Pretty sweet :D

Cleglaw
01-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Nice hat.
For me all that Castermare sells is potions. The potions are 1 level below what I could get at regular Hell merchants. Is that what Castermare sells to you?

Shalie
01-22-2013, 04:09 AM
Yeah, only potions, but I can also sell items. It greatly reduces the time needed to sell all my junk!

Violos
01-22-2013, 07:46 PM
That was the idea. That you can even buy some potions is a bonus.

Though she is not a pony... she's a mare. :o

http://www.abload.de/img/punstfspf.jpg (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0506.html)

Shalie
01-23-2013, 04:04 AM
I know, she was a real nightmare to handle ;)

Great use of that OOTS panel :D

Violos
01-23-2013, 11:32 AM
:)

In your defense, you would probably need to have read A Storm of Swords to get that one in all its awfulness.
So you are better off this way.

Cleglaw
01-23-2013, 12:05 PM
And here I always thought that it was an Italian horse named Castamare.

KarsaOrlong
05-21-2013, 10:45 AM
Are the two Shoggoths beatable? Lvl 52 Trickster couldn't seem to hurt them, eventually I just ran away.

Violos
05-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Depends on what you attack them with.
Physical damage, epsecially in melee, is not a good plan. Lightning traps might help.

KarsaOrlong
05-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Ok thanks. Also, who drops the key to the overlords passage? I killed Mephisto several times but all I get is a mystical orb(which I accidently discovered an infinite treasure loop for, a bug that was easy to recreate).

KarsaOrlong
05-25-2013, 03:38 PM
Finally dropped overlord on 16th run.

Mikl123
12-28-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm Paladin,got to the Athens swaps and cant kill Mother Hydra,im using zeal conviction holyshield all max,i didn't have a real problem so far maybe shoggoths,but FotH solved that,but I cant find solution for MHydra,can you give some tip to beat her?thanks

Cleglaw
12-28-2013, 11:42 PM
I don't remember anything special about killing Mother Hydra. Probably melee, maybe with Hammer too. Its been awhile.

Nightmare14
12-29-2013, 05:24 AM
It's the exact same, more or less as the vanilla game, just it uses it's breath attacks in melee now as well as the global resistance boosts
Use Blessed Hammer with Conviction
Or if you wan a completely different approach chuck on 2 Accursed rings and use Cobra and tiger strike with a couple fast weapons, within seconds the Hydras mana will be drained and will have recieved some decent damage from that alone and it won't use the breath attacks as much (even with no mana it will still use them now and again but nowhere near as often as when it has full mana)
Another option is max Prayer/Meditation and Charge, chuck on a couple rings with ank of isis and then charge and run away, this will take some time to take the Hydra down but not excruciatingly long and it is reletively safer as you will have regenerated fair amount of life back in between charges
Or if you want a cheesy way of dealing with it then chuck on 2 Mjonirs max conviction and lightning resist and just run in circles chugging potions (this will not work in he next patch though so if you want to do this, do it now :P, well it will work, just it will take 5 times longer then it will in this current patch)

Mikl123
12-29-2013, 10:14 AM
I try bhammer with conviction but it takes a to much time,its regenerates faster than I damage her,thanks nightmare for such extensive answer ill try another two option

Violos
12-29-2013, 06:40 PM
He is right - the Hydra is basically the same, except for some extra melee power (and the occasional mud storm), so hugging her face is no longer the "safe place" to be all the time. Watch out for her posion bite, when the windup is considerably slower than the normal attacks.

And, as always, consider the damage types a boss inflicts, logical resistances (poison), and the monster race.
Old Gods are harder to gear up against, but there is the Necronomicon (use with care ;)), and the Sorceress gloves (being a vain magician, she specializes in fighting scenery-chewing abominations).

If that does not help, it may simply be a case of needing more training and better gear. Or a scroll.