PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE] Diablo 2 Immortal ~ BETA 1.12

Violos
11-13-2011, 08:27 PM
http://www.abload.de/img/tyrealbabesmallsev1q.jpg (http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/42307-RELEASE-Diablo-2-Immortal-Version-1.20?p=445824&viewfull=1#post445824)

Version 1.12 Full Install (35 MB)

--> NEWER VERSION RELEASED (http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/42307-RELEASE-Diablo-2-Immortal-Version-1.20?p=445824&viewfull=1#post445824) <--

As the name suggests, this mod is built upon the Immortal Throne expansion.
It is also highly recommended that you get the Bugfix Fanpatch (http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/29712-REL-Bugfix-patch-1.17).

Comments and questions on the original release are in the Beta 1.00 thread (http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/42016-RELEASE-Diablo-2-Immortal-BETA-1.00/page4).

Features

Play IT with Diablo 2 skills!
Four fully playable D2 classes (out of six)
Original looks, sounds and designs
Unique new skill types
Javelin class weapons
Hybrid character and class mixture support
New balance system, support for "weak" damage types
Proper scaling and challenging play across all 12 acts
New resistances for all enemies, immunities in Hell
New enemy skills and AI
Adjusted spawns, guest monsters, more champions
New enemies, heroes, bosses and items

For details, have a look at the Development Thread (http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/36626-WIP-Diablo-2-Immortal).

Changelog for 1.10 -> 1.12

Chain Lightning and Summon Skeleton restored
Male staff animations updated

Changelog for 1.00 -> 1.10

All known bugs fixed
Improved balancing and descriptions
German language files
Improved Teleport
Improved staff fighting
Some love for petmasters
New sounds and effects
New bosses from Diablo 2

Details on this can be found here (http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/36626-WIP-Diablo-2-Immortal-Development/page25?p=442890&viewfull=1#post442890).

Screens

http://www.abload.de/thumb/so_statictfdz.jpg (http://www.abload.de/img/so_statictfdz.jpg)http://www.abload.de/thumb/spartaatxjh8.jpg (http://www.abload.de/img/spartaatxjh8.jpg)http://www.abload.de/thumb/javsjpun.jpg (http://www.abload.de/img/javsjpun.jpg)http://www.abload.de/thumb/darius74jj3.jpg (http://www.abload.de/img/darius74jj3.jpg)

Class Names

TRUE CLASSES:

Amazon // Ama-Nec + Amazon
Necromancer // Ama-Nec + Necro
Sorceress // Sor-Bar + Sorc
Barbarian // Sor-Bar + Barb

HYBRIDS:

Chieftain // Amazon + Barb
Fire Thrower // Amazon + Sorc
Voice Of Doom // Necro + Barb
Wood Witch // Necro + Amazon
Black Mage // Sorc + Necro
Shaman // Sorc + Barb
Warlock // Ama-Nec + Sorc
Skull Hunter // Ama-Nec + Barb
Force Of Nature // Sor-Bar + Amazon
Cursed One // Sor-Bar + Necro
Spear Master // Ama-Nec + Sor-Bar

SINGLE MASTERY:

Scout // Amazon
Goth // Necro
Apprentice // Sorc
Hunk // Barb
Delinquent // Ama-Nec
Hellion // Sor-Bar

Known Issues

* Staves display strange DPS numbers
- Ignore these. They are caused by the superfast animation of the standard "not-attack".
- The real damage ist that of the Staff Attack skill.

* Small 4:3 resolutions show black bar behind the skill menu
- Native to Kirii's UI (http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/35215-Diablo-UI-%28Unfinished%29). Try another resoultion.

* Relics cannot be attached to javelins
- Current state of the art for 1h ranged weapons. One can use the "relics in all" cheat to allow it.

* Custom game list may not show when D2I is the only mod
- Some error in TQ. Choose "host game", select the D2I map, then select "single player" again.

* Epic difficulty does not unlock on first occasion.
- Not sure what causes this. Just do the final quest once more.

* Some items still give bonuses to TQ skills
- Adapted versions will be added later.

* Odontotyranni in Hades' palace are very red
- Minor bug.

* Weaken is too effective
- Bug. Enjoy it while it lasts.

* Possible crash upon aggroing epic/hell Sstheno
- Bug.

> Please use this thread to report any other finds. <

b33rman
11-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Bug (http://imageshack.us/f/703/startbackup201111141623.jpg/)

everytime i load my character this crazy thing appears. but its just a display-bug; normal attack speed .
at my lvl 31 sorceress its even more: 963% - level dependent?

Carrotten
11-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Somehow the necro summons don't work. The Golems are fine, but the skellies don't get summoned.
I just throw the skull (or what that is) and nothing happens...

Violos
11-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Yes, I just found that myself. :errf:
That's the kind of thing that happens when you want to "quickly" release something before leaving the house.

Hang on, fixing it now.
EDIT: OK, done.

@b33rman
That is not a bug, but rather an unfortunate (but so far unavoidable) side effect of the improved staff fighting mechanic.
You can ignore it, though, since those numbers have no effect on Staff Attack.

I shortened the delay caused by the standard attack animation (=idle standing) which plays if you left-click while Staff Attack is on cooldown. By speeding it up. So that will not disturb your fights any more.
But in turn the game now thinks that staves attack super fast, and shows these numbers, calculated from their projectile damage and supposed speed. - Even though the animation does not even trigger a hit.

nebunelux
11-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Hello,

I just updated to v1.12 and tried the barb with an Oak Scythe and I didn't see much difference. the Staff attack still has like 1 sec cooldown which makes attack discontinuously. This makes staff attack rather slow. Can't it have 0 cooldown?. Sometimes I can keep right mouse button pressed and attack continuously and sometimes not.

The animation seems similar to the previous one (didn't notice any change). I think it would be nice to have an animation for staff like the one for spear from the Amazon. (I like the way she rotates the spear before attacking).

Also some question on game mechanics.
the Staff mastery from barb, -% recharge reduces the cooldown of the staff attack or the reduces all spell cooldown?

I made a poison necro (seemed kind of weak the first 15 lvls, a lot of micro management) and my question is if all the spells in the poison tree are synergistic with each other like it is in Diablo 2? If I max poison dagger and poison explosion do I get bonus poison dmg for Poison Nova? As far as I know only the round/passive skills give bonuses to active skills.

Also I noticed that necro can only summon 1 skeletion fighter and/or 1 skeleton mage. Not 20 like in D2. Regarding the golems, if I have a lvl 18 Blood Golem and I put on a +1 all skills item will it change to the lvl 19 golem -> Iron Golem?

Violos
11-16-2011, 07:19 AM
Hi Nebunelux

I didn't see much difference. the Staff attack still has like 1 sec cooldown which makes attack discontinuously. This makes staff attack rather slow. Can't it have 0 cooldown? Sometimes I can keep right mouse button pressed and attack continuously and sometimes not.
That is not what was changed.
The staff attack is suposed to have that cooldown since - with no dependance on strength, int or even %damage - that and casting speed are the only things that limit it besides the weapon itself. So getting additional -% cooldown is to a staff fighter what geting attack speed is to a normal person. That is why the Staff mastery gives it to that skill.

And yes, unfortunately you have to click for every attack. For some reason the game will attack slower if you hold down the button. But you will get a hang of the rhythm quickly.
The change (besides damage adjustments) was that clicking too early with the left mouse button will not create unwanted pauses anymore.

The animation seems similar to the previous one. I think it would be nice to have an animation for staff like the one for spear from the Amazon.
That would be nice, especially in the light of staff AoE - but that's the wrong hand. :) There are not too many left-hand attack animations in the game, and of all those I tried the current one was already the nicest.

I made a poison necro (seemed kind of weak the first 15 lvls, a lot of micro management) and my question is if all the spells in the poison tree are synergistic with each other like it is in Diablo 2?
The Necro playstyle in general is heavy on management. Since most of them are standing in the back while minions or poison do the job, using all those active skills right is what makes this "weak" class into a powerhouse.

As for the synergies, those are not possible in TQ like they were in D2. But you will notice that I designed the skill trees in ways that emulate them, or encourage people to combine skills.
In the case of Necro poison, that shows in the cloud being based on a hidden pet - so its damage stacks with other poisons which, is usually impossible. Consequently, Poison Dagger and Nova do not stack. However Nova is a big AoE while PD does high damage to a single target, so they can still be used together.

Also I noticed that necro can only summon 1 skeleton fighter and/or 1 skeleton mage. Not 20 like in D2. Regarding the golems, if I have a lvl 18 Blood Golem and I put on a +1 all skills item will it change to the lvl 19 golem -> Iron Golem
Put some more points into their skills. You will not get as many as in D2 (having too many pets in TQ becomes a mess) but still plenty. Their strength come mostly from your gear, though.

And golems, yes, I had to put them all into one summon skill so people cannot summon all four. So you have to mind your skill level while calling them. - But that is exactly what "critical success" was made for, to give you some flexibility. While its aura shows, you have +1.

Jonney
11-16-2011, 08:27 AM
Hey Violos,
since the version 1.12 of ur mod i got heavy problems with the skill "Chain Lightning". It happens now really often that the skill doesn't work. The char do the staffanimation of the skill, but the lightninganimation is missing. The mobs don't get any damage.So they just run to me and kill me ,cuz i cant make them any dmg. Then i put all my points in Chain Lightning, and Lightning Mastery, so i dont have any other spell which woud do good damage. The Chain Lightning is on 21/20 and Lightning Mastery on 26/20. So i cant play my Lightning Sorc, which anoys me really, cuz i can't explore ur modded epic version of TQIT.
PS: I hope u understand what i mean^^.

Biblyos
11-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Hi Violos,

First, thank you for the update...

My problem may not be directly connected to your mod but i have to ask you if you know about it....

When I use TQVault for storing stuff my D2I toons appear in the TQIT (standard) list of characters and the equipement stats are those of standard TQIT equipement, meaning javelins are shown as spears, staves don't show staff attack boni and you special headgears have a orange question mark instead of a picture of said headgear... When I start TQVault by selecting D2I in the mod list I have the real stats of your mod equipement but none of my characters are showing in the characters list whit the message saying that "The Caravan" is not created???

Do you have any idea about this discrepency or know any way to find a solution??

Thank you...

Violos
11-16-2011, 12:36 PM
i got heavy problems with the skill "Chain Lightning". It happens now really often that the skill doesn't work. The char do the staffanimation of the skill, but the lightninganimation is missing.
This may be connected to my editing that skill back and forth between updates. Even though it is now back like it was before (except for a longer cooldown, since it is not meant to be used alone).

I even experienced this myself, once or twice. But yesterday when I tried to reproduce it, it always worked right no matter what I tried. What were your conditions - and did this happen to other people?

The files are in order. The only explanation I have so far is that it either aims for buried monsters, or there is some residue of the 1.11 version of that skill (a synergy to lightning with 50% chance) which the character still uses even though it should be overwritten. It was in a different place in the skill tree.

Like I said... my current chars don't do it anymore. Maybe go to the Mystic and change some points around, or delete the skill with the Defiler to re-skill it. If all else fails, try reinstalling 1.12.

When I use TQVault for storing stuff my D2I toons appear in the TQIT (standard) list of characters and the equipement stats are those of standard TQIT equipement
That's a consequence of the bounce-back method of loading the mod. In game the stats should be fine, though.

I stuck to the alternative (normal mod loading) for a long time, but that means half-naked chars with spear-sized javelins in the selection menu, no difficulty unlocking and an inventory mixed up with other mod chars.
In the end, being able to see your char full size with hair and all items displayed correctly was too nice to be left out.

Jonney
11-16-2011, 03:13 PM
So, tried it now and came to the result that re-skilling doesn't help and that re-installing the mod helps a bit. Now it happend not that often than before, but it still happened. ( I tested it 10 min and it happend 3 times). But now it seems like there is a chance that i it work again after waiting a while (1 min or so ).
Edit1:

(except for a longer cooldown,

i didn't notice any longer Cooldown.

since it is not meant to be used alone).

But u can use it easily use it alone. With my equip i do ~1100-3300 dmg (without any Shrines) to non lightning resist mobs and can so easily 1 or 2 shot a whole spawn of 10 Satyrs, Centaur and all other non lightning resit mobs. ( except some champs and heroes, they need at least 2 shots).
So i think it is meant to be used alone and it is the best dmg & aoe spell in lightning tree, cuz nice shoot-range, nice aoe-range and nice dmg. I tried the other spells to and non of them can beat chain lightning.

Biblyos
11-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Than'ks for the answer...

Anyway it's not a big problem and the benefit of seeing the character full size worth it.... My solution : I'll load TQVault in the D2I mod and take the coordinate of the item (ex: D2 Swords, bag 4, row 6) and reload in TQIT go to the same coordinate and voilÓ.....

Jonney
11-18-2011, 12:19 PM
It would be nice, if we can find a solution for my chainlightning problem aswell =( . Than it is really anyoing if u have to constantly stop playing and reboot the mod, cuz of this damn bug or whatever it is.

Violos
11-18-2011, 12:36 PM
It would be.
But as long as nobody else has that problem, and I cannot reproduce it, it is hard to tell what even causes it.

My best advice for the moment would be not to rely on that single skill. Especially not if you are building an offense-only glass cannon.
Even if it hits, the damage could be on the low end of the range, which is rather wide. So it is better combined with more reliable, cooldown-less attacks like the standard Lightning.

Jonney
11-18-2011, 01:14 PM
It would be.
But as long as nobody else has that problem, and I cannot reproduce it, it is hard to tell what even causes it.

I have an idea for that problem. I didn't had this problem in version 1.00 so u could compare the differences between the 1.00 and 1.12 version of the skill. This could be a beginning, right?

My best advice for the moment would be not to rely on that single skill. Especially not if you are building an offense-only glass cannon.

But i think its the best dmg-spell in lightning tree, cuz it is only a single missle, not like charged bolt(9 missels at max) or normal lightning (5 missles),it has the biggest range, it has pure lightning dmg instead of lightning+electroburn dmg and it has, i think, the highest peak- and average-dmg

Even if it hits, the damage could be on the low end of the range, which is rather wide.

yes, this is true, but at the middle and higher it is a really spawn killer , with just 1 click on any mob.

So it is better combined with more reliable, cooldown-less attacks like the standard Lightning.
There is no need, cuz why should i use more skills if i coulduse just one , which will do the same work or even better.
I tested the same with normal lightning on 21/20 and charged bolt on 21/20 (lesser re-skill costs ftw) and came to the conclusion that they are good, but that chainlightning is even better.

PS: Sry that i so hardly defend that skill, but it is so nice and i really like it.

nebunelux
11-18-2011, 02:05 PM
@Violos
I played this mod over Underlord and it was ok, but I wanted to get rid of vitality staff as I don't need them in D2I.
So I swapped to TQ IT and surprisingly there were much fewer mobs. Then I remembered that Underlord has x3 mobs hardcoded.

Can you make this as well in your mod? put something like x3 mobs in D2I?
I read about xmax but I can't play 2 mods at once. So it seems that the solution above is the only one.

Thx

Violos
11-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I noticed it still being a bit too powerful. I already made it Sorc only, but I'll probably add more cooldown. Especially because, while not 100% true to the D2 original, that creates a form of synergy by combination which the lightning skills cannot have directly.

And sure I checked the files. But like I said, there is nothing wrong there.

@nebunelux
Has been asked just recently (http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/42016-RELEASE-Diablo-2-Immortal-BETA-1.00/page9). But D2I's balance as it stands is designed around fewer but tougher mobs... and around Normal still being suitable for newer players.

If you need a greater challenge (which class / act are you right now?) try completing later diffculties first. Then we'll talk again. :)

Jonney
11-18-2011, 03:19 PM
And sure I checked the files. But like I said, there is nothing wrong there.

Ok, than i have no idee. I tried it without getting higher than skillvl 20/20 but still the same.

But i found an interesting new nice skill, Icebolt (hope it is so called, cuz in german its called "Eisblitz")with the 2 mods. Its nice to freeze mob 2,4 sec in an 3,6m radius with no Cooldown, so i can spamm it and freeze+good dmg XD

nebunelux
11-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Ok I switch to TQ IT.
Now the pb is that formulas show like a dotted square, blue and yellow.
The same for death obelisk.
2222 2223 2224
I have also attached the Frenzy skill animation gone wrong and the death obelisk(see the square on the map) that is missing when playing over IT, in the third one you can see the formula.
Do you know what the pb is?
I used Asylum switcher bat file for uninstalling UL.

Carrotten
11-18-2011, 04:21 PM
I never played Underlord for long, but:

Those items are from the Underlord Mod, they don't exist in normal IT. So of course you are missing the textures, etc...
If you want to play without Underlord, you should get rid of them or store them away.
About the animation, maybe try to reinstall TQ IT.

Biblyos
11-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Violos, I have a few questions about staves:

You wrote in the "Stories" thread that the relics or attack speed as no effect on the spells damage, is that right?

But what about the bonus such as +X% elemental or poison damage does it apply to the spells? I know that stats boni (INT, STR, DEX) do work.

Thank's

Carrotten
11-18-2011, 05:24 PM
As far as I know, the only thing that Spells benefit from are:
- Every % Damage (Including of course the +% Total damage)
- Intelligence (Only Elemental Damage, the DoT Variants and (here called) Magical Damage)
- In some cases also absolute Damage increases (like +30 Cold Damage for example) but only by very few skills, and also only if the bonus is not on a weapon or shield (here I think the Bonespear is the only spell that uses this mechanic)

Also:
Strengh does not work on physical damage dealt by spells (This is kinda dumb in normal TQ IT, because a Melee/Caster Hybrid with the Dream Mastery isn't so awesome as it may sound at first...)

The problem with the Staff Attack is, that the way Violos did it, he can't give it the effect from the Bonespear, thus only % Damage increase gives you more damage. Also the attack should be a spell (not sure about this) so, if anything, it would be casting speed (but again, i'm not sure here).

nebunelux
11-19-2011, 05:46 AM
- In some cases also absolute Damage increases (like +30 Cold Damage for example) but only by very few skills, and also only if the bonus is not on a weapon or shield (here I think the Bonespear is the only spell that uses this mechanic)

You mean that the +% elemental damage on the staff does not apply to spell damage?
For example fire bolt has flat fire damage and the fire staff for the magi has 35% fire damage, this doesn't apply?

Carrotten
11-19-2011, 08:17 AM
No.
Every +% to anything on every equipmentpiece (weapon, shield, armor, rings...) is applied to every spell of yours.
So if you have a Staff with +30% Fire Damage and you cast a spell that does 100 Fire Damage, then you do 130.
If your Staff also has for example +20 FLAT Fire Damage, then you still would be doing 130, because FLAT Damage is not applied to spells.
The exception is the Bonespear: It would also get the FLAT Damage added, but only if its not from a weapon or shield. So the 20 Fire Damage from the staff wouldn't count, but +20 FLAT Fire Damage from Rings/Amus/Armor... would be added. But this happens ONLY by the Bonespear. Every other Spell doesm't get FLAT Damage, but all % Damage, no matter wherefrom you get it.

Violos
11-19-2011, 08:48 AM
True.
That was also mentioned on the damage types tutorial page, though it does not emphasize the difference between flat and %.

Staff Attack, however, is an unusual exception to the normal rules. It is a spell, yes, so it benefits from cast speed and lower cooldown. And as such it is independent of strength, even though it does physical damage. (All my other spells don't do this, btw. They use Impact instead.)
Apart from that, though, it works via a projectile-inflicted personal debuff. And this does not get ANY % AT ALL from the player, except for the ones granted by Staff Mastery, which is a direct modifier to the Staff Attack skill.

So if you want to be effective at staff fighting, what is important is the weapon (mostly), Staff Mastery, -recharge, cast speed and physical resistance on the target.

Jonney
11-19-2011, 06:48 PM
I found another problem!!! His name is Duriel. He is a way to big for his small area,cuz his area is only 3xtimes his lenght, he slows me from 133% movespeed to 100% back, do 300-500 dmg to me with each hit and he attacks fast. He has maybe either to much armor or to good resitances against dmg. So how should i defeat him?? i died now 4 time , with different tactics, with no chance of winning. Its really frustrating. On Norma÷l i could only beat him, cuz i used tq defiler to give me much hp.

flix
11-19-2011, 09:50 PM
I found another problem!!! His name is Duriel. He is a way to big for his small area,cuz his area is only 3xtimes his lenght, he slows me from 133% movespeed to 100% back, do 300-500 dmg to me with each hit and he attacks fast. He has maybe either to much armor or to good resitances against dmg. So how should i defeat him?? i died now 4 time , with different tactics, with no chance of winning. Its really frustrating. On Norma÷l i could only beat him, cuz i used tq defiler to give me much hp.

Sounds just like the original Duriel in Diablo II.

nebunelux
11-20-2011, 05:20 AM
Are there D2 items or we have to manage with the TQ IT items?
I was having trouble getting proper gear for a lightning javazon.
Is it even possible to get like +10 all skills with IT items?

About summons, all skills implemented as summons benefit from summon gear?

Violos
11-20-2011, 06:58 AM
There are some class specific items, and a few others.
Not especially for a lightning Jav (IIRC... though there are some modified unique javelins) but for her you could probably look for the same type of gear that Thanes/Paladins use in TQ.

+10 is possible. Legendary wigs give +3, for example, and are socketable.

And as for the skills, those use independent pets, which received their own scaling. - Anythnig else would be a bug, since they are only "pets" to achieve the desired effects.

Pet gear only affects actual followers, namely the Necro summons, Valkyrie, Decoy and Hydra. And the flat damage, as always, only affects melee attacks.
The difference is that they now get multiplied strength/intelligence in higher difficulties, not simply +%total modifiers. So any +% you give to your Skeleton Mages will be just as effective in Hell as they are in Normal.

bludrain
11-20-2011, 10:45 AM
In Diablo2, the duration of "Shout" gets longer per skill level.
How about making it last longer? 10 second limit looks way too short.

I found a bug. "Peng Claw" has no damage bonus.(has nothing)

nebunelux
11-21-2011, 03:58 AM
Hi,

Sorry if this has already been posted.
After I reached the Eye of Chaos on Fayum all my waypoints in Greece disappeared. I can't teleport anywhere.
Also I want to mention that I just reinstall IT.

Do you know any way to fix this?

EDIT: restarting the game fixed it.
Now I collected the "Flase Eye of Chaos" but Imhotep doesn't like it because he is expecting "Eye of Chaos" and I cannot continue the quest. Any help with this?

EDIT2: solved, but don't want to spoil the surprise for other player. Nice work Violos :) Love it
~%~

I have a new question:
In order to enhance Javazon Lightning Fury Lightning damage, does a lightning spear help the damage.
As I understand, the initial strike has physical and piercing damage but the AoE from Lightning Fury does ONLY lightning damage. So does flat or % lightning damage from the spear help the AoE?

nebunelux
11-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Sorry for double posting, but no one answers...

Is this a bug?
When putting skills in Barbarian Frenzy or Concentrate its like this:
1 skill point -> current skill lvl 1
3 skill points -> current skill lvl 2
5 skill points -> current skill lvl 3
etc.

Is this normal? this means 20 skill points -> current skill lvl 10

Violos
11-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Hey. Didn't see your edit there.

The Barbarian skills show these levels because I based them on some trickery with the Onslaught template (http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/19341-Onslaught-and-how-it-actually-works/page2?p=405567&viewfull=1#post405567), which the automated tooltip is not made for. Just stick to what the "PER LEVEL" description says.

As I understand, the initial strike has physical and piercing damage but the AoE from Lightning Fury does ONLY lightning damage. So does flat or % lightning damage from the spear help the AoE?
% lightning damage anywhere helps. And intelligence.
The spear itself inflicts its own damage and any added weapon effects. But yes, the AoEs add both just what they say, and don't create some radius-splash of the spear.

In Diablo2, the duration of "Shout" gets longer per skill level.
How about making it last longer? 10 second limit looks way too short.
I changed that skill a bit. As you see it now grants quite a bit of absorption of all damage, in exchange for a shorter duration. That way it works more like an actual warning shout / steroid in a specific dangerous situation, as opposed to a permanent buff.
Maye when I got some more feedback on that we can look at it again.

I found a bug. "Peng Claw" has no damage bonus.(has nothing)
You probably mean the completion bonus?
That is an old bug. I could fix it, but it was not caused by the mod. It does not change that Relic.

bludrain
11-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Not completion bonus.
I have a peng claw(not completed) and no contents on the charm.
Check it, please.

I understand your intention about Shout skill.
Thank you for explanation.

manushkalimbas
11-25-2011, 04:27 AM
I really don't feel like the balancing is up to the level where it should be.In D2 when you have 3 or 4 points in the summon skeleton mastery you can allready summon 2 or 3 skels ( i don't remember)Here you invest 2 levels in skels ( one in the mastery and 5 in the skels) and you can summon one measly skel ???

Violos
11-25-2011, 08:48 AM
As I understand it you are not talking about balance, then, but about the adaptation of that skill.

Not all skills were copied exactly as they are in D2, since TQ offers different conditions -or possibilities- in some places.

Pets, for example, get most of their power from the gear you collect for them. - Which is a good thing, since it does not limit your power scaling to one skill you can max relatively soon. And which is even more true in D2I, since I added higher tiers of those items and relics that add life.

The flip side of this is that too many pets would multiply those added powers to unfair dimensions. Or they would have to be so fragile in turn that the slightest AoE wipes them all out.

Plus, having too many pets (which cannot walk through each other) becomes a mess in TQ. And you already get up to 9 permanent ones.

So yes, there are fewer pets. But relative to the game, their balance should be ok now.
I even buffed the entire class in 1.12, just to allow easier access to less accustomed petmasters.

It is a very different playstyle, with its own challenges, but also several advantages in the later game that other classes do not have.
If your skellies seem too weak, try a Golem first. Maxing him early gives you an unstoppable tank.

ivcho
11-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the mod Violos. I have some questions for you or anyone who plays and understands its mechanics. I am trying to play Necromancer, but i don't know which attribute benefits his bone/poison skills or is it just +skills, weapon equipped or combination of those? Thanks in advance.

Jonney
11-25-2011, 02:34 PM
play Necromancer, but i don't know which attribute benefits his bone/poison skills or is it just +skills, weapon equipped or combination of those? Thanks in advance.
There is no attribute which increase your poison damage. U can only increase it by +X to skills or with items that give +%poison damage.

Violos
11-26-2011, 08:16 AM
True. The Necromancer's abilities (pets, poison, physical spells) generally depend less on stat points, so it is up to you which way you build him.

The magical/fire damage on Teeth, Bonespear and Corpse Explosion benefits from intelligence, but since that is only a part of the effect, the boost is not as important unless you specialize in those.
And of course int is useful to hold better staves which grant pet bonuses and energy regeneration. But then again, heavy armor and a big club also have their benefits.

A good way to improve the Bonespear is to load it with weapon effects (slow, stun, extra damage) since it has the unique ability to deliver those.

b33rman
11-27-2011, 07:59 AM
hi violos,
i figured out, while playing with my gf (the 2 sorc/necr), that weaken is in my opinion overpowered..
a few problems that i have with that spell:
it reduces the damage of archers by 80-90%
u can spam it on almost every mob AND
on every enemy in that mob because of its high range even on lvl 5-8
the -350 AQ causes enemys to often not hitting (especially archers), and never crit.
forthermore the -500 strength reduce the damage too.

think about nerfing or changing or removing some effects.
in my eyes it would be enough, if weaken only affects total damage and, lets say, AQ.
andariel hit me for ridicoulus 77dmg. zentaur HEROS for 25-27 instead of ~180-200.

greetings

p.s: were lvl 44

Violos
11-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Thanks for pointing that out.
Actually, you found a bug nest. A rather interesting one, at that.

I tested all parts of this today, and it turned out that on this kind of debuff

- OA reduction does not work. Not even in two other ways. (Archers don't use that, btw.)
- Any % damage mods only apply to damage the buff inflicts, not to the monster.
- Lowering strength into negatives sets physical damage to zero!

So two of the effects were doing jack, while the third was so powerful I didn't notice.

A danger when making skills with too many effects at once... which I usually avoid. Though here it is necessary, since reducing damage throughout the game is not as easy as it sounds.

A flat -x mod, for example, is of no use at all due to the sheer span of monster damage. But even -% are not as good, because what reduces 100% -> 50% in normal only has an effect like 250% -> 200% in legendary du to the current monster scaling.

So now I reworked it to use none of those, but instead lower the attack speed, add a chance to miss, and reduce strength to 1%.
That way the blows themselves will not be that much weaker (by about 1/3, depending on the enemy), but the damage output is lowered consistently throuhout the difficulties.

b33rman
11-27-2011, 01:26 PM
hehe
im glad u could fix that :)
ill keep testing and looking for unbalanced spells

have a nice week

dracuba
12-07-2011, 12:15 AM
I tried to combine m4ssboss with D2I, but it displays squares instead of D2I item and some GUI too.
Can you creat a m4ssboss version for D2I pls? Thx for that.

Violos
12-07-2011, 12:42 PM
How did you do that, with modmerge?

As I understand massbosses does nothing but change a few boss proxies/pools. That should not affect items.
But in any case, if you modmerge it, make sure D2I is the one that overwrites.

That way you will not get multiple versions of all new bosses (because they use custom pools too), but at least of some, and all old ones.