PDA

View Full Version : Darklighter's Class Completion Challenge!

Darklightr
10-20-2011, 12:53 PM
HEY EVERYONE!!

After decided that I am going to try my hand at completing the game with every possible class, I also decided to make a little fun out of it!
I don't know if this will get any attention, but it'll be here for anyone to do

Ok so this is how it works: You complete the game with every single mastery combination (36 + the 9 single masteries) I feel that this is such an accomplishment, that whoever does achieve it should be recognized! Irma was the first to do it, and I plan to be the second! (on record)

SO if you plan on taking part of the challenge, post your info or PM here in the forums, and I'll post them here!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Irma2
10-20-2011, 01:16 PM
You only need 36 toons to have one of each (45 if you include single mastery toons). I have several versions of some classes in my gang of 56 - three Prophets, three Diviners, three Evokers, two Brigs, two Sages, two Slayers, etc.

Batman
10-20-2011, 01:42 PM
When you say "complete the game", do you mean through Legendary?

Irma2
10-20-2011, 02:53 PM
That would take some doing, heh. I've taken them all through Epic and it's taken me the best part of four years. Although that was with a lot more than just 36 toons.

Darklightr
10-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Ah.. ok
@Bat
One step at a time.. all through Normal, then Epic, then Legendary
I understand how long it will take, but I'd like to see what people can do

Batman
10-20-2011, 03:54 PM
One step at a time..

PHEWW........Thank Zeus for that!!!

Darklightr
10-20-2011, 04:32 PM
PHEWW........Thank Zeus for that!!!

Hehe Zeus says nay!

Arperum
10-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Good luck to you!

I'm currently too busy doing my own challenge, so i'm not joining this extreme time consuming one :p

Batman
10-21-2011, 03:58 AM
I might try the single Masteries......... I've done Dream and Rogue already. Don't fancy Nature much, though!

LMunhoz
10-21-2011, 05:27 AM
If you twink and really know the game's geography, it would take ~20 hours to play a toon From Helos to Leg. Hades. *36 and you do the math. lol Untwinked and exploring every single bit? Put some years in there.

Anyhow, good luck!

defboy99
10-21-2011, 05:39 AM
I've got 21 toons in progress in various difficulties of the game:

Beatrix, Elementalist, lvl 43, Epic Act I
Craig, Oracle, lvl 35, Normal Act III
Dante, Bow Avenger, lvl 47, Epic Act I (finished Normal as a pure Hunter)
Diarmud, Corsair, lvl 39, Normal Act III
Galen, Slayer, lvl 36, Normal Act III
Gilt, Spellbinder, lvl 35, Normal Act III
Grimgoethe, Harbinger, lvl 35, Normal Act III
Manassas, Conqueror, lvl 35, Normal Act III
Nikolos, Warlock, lvl 15, Normal Act I
Nimrod, Ranger, lvl 39, Normal Act III
Octavia, Evoker, lvl 35, Normal Act III
Pandora, Magician, lvl 15, Normal Act I
Periwinkle, Diviner, lvl 63, Legendary Act I
Pertwee, Bow Brigand, lvl 67, Legendary Act I
Sebastian, Spellbreaker, lvl 45, Epic Act I
Siobahn, Bow Sage, lvl 35, Normal Act III
Tassandra, Warden, lvl 69, Legendary Act IV (finished)
Treehorn, Bow Haruspex, lvl 66, Legendary Act III
Turok, Ranger, lvl 47, Epic Act I
Valkyria, Bown Charmer, lvl 35, Normal Act III
Zontar, Templar, lvl 38, Normal Act III

I reckon if any new toons are born I can update this list. And hopefully it won't take too long to get all the Normal toons into Epic. Also, I hope the people who partake of this challenge will post their character list with names, levels, progress, etc. As for twinking, some of my early efforts were twinked, but I don't twink anymore. Any ironclad rules on this issue for this challenge, Darklightr?

Darklightr
10-21-2011, 07:34 AM
I think there should be a bare minimum of twinking.. I would only allow mods such as Disable Zeus Speech and Show Hidden Affixes and pot stacking.. plus the two fixes.. no increased drop rates, no stats/ mastery twinking etc

defboy99
10-22-2011, 03:17 AM
I use only the RNG Fix and the Slow-Cast Fix, nothing else. TQVault for storage purposes only.

I honestly don't know if anyone will seriously take on this challenge. As for myself, I'd like to at least get my current crop o' toons finished (Legendary). Any others after that would be gravy. As slowly as I play, it would probably take years, as LMunhoz mentioned, to take an entire array of toons all the way through the game, which is why Irma's accomplishment is so amazing. (doffs cap at Irma)

Irma2
10-22-2011, 05:23 AM
I remember, some years ago, a bloke came onto the forums announcing that he was going to take every toon to level 75 with no deaths. Poinas' response: BWAHAHAHAHAHA. :D

Batman
10-22-2011, 05:49 AM
He might still be doing it.................

Darklightr
10-22-2011, 08:36 PM
well its just something for fools to try (myself being one)

defboy99
10-23-2011, 01:54 AM
well its just something for fools to try (myself being one)

Me, too!

Darklightr
10-23-2011, 03:14 AM
Me, too!

Cheers! (there should be a beer emoticon....)

defboy99
10-24-2011, 01:49 AM
Cheers! (there should be a beer emoticon....)

Or at least a Mt. Dew emoticon!

Darklightr
10-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Or at least a Mt. Dew emoticon!

Nestea, with him falling into a pool :D

JerryM
07-14-2012, 08:21 AM
I remember, some years ago, a bloke came onto the forums announcing that he was going to take every toon to level 75 with no deaths. Poinas' response: BWAHAHAHAHAHA. :D

lol I remember that.
if he is sticking to that he definitely still is doing it.

while I'm not as crazy as him I think I'm going to take on this challenge, but limit of 1 death per toon. no twinking, tq vault for storage, and farming, just because its impossible to get to level 75 without farming at some point XD.

I'll need to think of 36 names now.... hmmm.....

defboy99
11-02-2012, 03:44 AM
Anyone still doing this challenge? I'm still plugging along at a my usual snail's pace (at this rate, it should me take approximately 572.4 years to finish all combos, give or take a century). I updated my list o' toons in a previous post, but if anyone else is giving this challenge a shot, let's hear from you. Even if no one finishes, it would still be interesting to see who's playing what toons at the moment, if for no other reason that seeing what strange names people give their toons...

HeRo
11-08-2012, 10:40 PM
I plan on doing this. I have a level 30 Ranger and a 55 Conquerer. The Conquerer completed through legendary hades at level 53. I have a few other classes coming up to level 20.

defboy99
11-08-2012, 10:54 PM
@ HeRo -- Good luck, man. Maybe one of us can pull this off! (I can dream, can't I?) :D But seriously, good luck, and maybe you can post your list of toons and update their progress as you go.

HeRo
11-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Haha I'll start a list tomorrow. I actually had some characters in epic but deleted them all when i got back to playing again because i wanted to experience the game fully from the start. I am also doing the challenge of gathering all items from the TQ Collector's list, which is a whole different challenge in itself lol.

I found myself playign a bit more Diablo 3 then got bored of it again, and returned to more TQ. I love this game man, I don't think I've played a game that can be so fun on single player. I can see myself getting a few characters to the end.

defboy99
11-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Oh, yeah, this game never gets old for me. The loot aspect is one big reason--you never know what's gonna drop, and that's like Iron Lore dangling a carrot in front of our noses to keep us playing. I need to curtail my incessant farming a bit so I can get my toons progressing faster. That's what bogs me down the most--the past two weeks have been spent farming the Hydra for some Athena's Battle Greaves for my Bow Brig but they just won't drop. It's almost time to throw in the towel and just continue playing with the gear I have, I suppose. It's addictive. :)

HeRo
11-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Ok, I am only listing classes that I have actually put a decent amount of time in. Going forward, I'll probably just start taking each class through act one at a time, while farming of course for uniques I don't have. :) I'll post more as my characters get through the Acts.

Hyperion - 56 Conquerer. My pride and joy right here, all items have been found through days of farming and has completed the game with no help from mods or defiler.
Ares - 31 Ranger. Act III completed on normal, should be in epic by the end of the day.
Uther - 19 Paladin. Act I Completed. This guy is a bit more difficult than the others, finding the right items and stats is kind of difficult for me.

titan cronos
12-11-2012, 05:36 AM
how to play this ?

titan cronos
12-11-2012, 05:44 AM
i dont know how to play anyone can teach me?

Shalie
12-11-2012, 05:51 AM
i dont know how to play anyone can teach me?

Buy and install Titan Quest Gold edition (http://store.steampowered.com/sub/402/).
Create a character and complete the game.
Repeat step 2, but with a different choice of masteries.
???
Profit!

defboy99
12-11-2012, 05:53 AM
@ titan cronos -- Welcome to the forums! If you mean, how do you play this challenge described in this thread, it's very simple. There are 9 masteries in the game, and when combined with one another, they give 36 possible combinations. Plus, you have the 9 individual masteries themselves, so that makes 45 possible builds. The point of this challenge (and I don't think anyone is actually doing it anymore) is to create each one of those 45 builds and try to play them at least through Normal difficulty, but preferably all the way through the end of Legendary difficulty. It would take years to do it, and only a very few players have done this. Anyway, that's what this challenge means. :)

Medea Fleecestealer
12-15-2014, 11:46 AM
I'll join in. I've got a Magician (L62), Bone Charmer (L62), Spellbinder (L63) and Conqueror (L62) all through to the end of the game. If I can count the ones on my old PC before it crashed there was another Conqueror, a Templar and a Brigand. So 4 on the new machine and 2 more on the old one. I think, not sure though, that I've got at least one of every class underway, but only a Pyromancer in the single masteries so far.

How are you doing defboy99?

Medea Fleecestealer
12-16-2014, 04:29 AM
Oh darn. :( Forgot that I'd deleted a lot of toons recently so have quite a few not started now. Assuming I can count the 6 above as finished I already have in progess:

Oracle (Yellows Only challenge)
Haruspex x 2
Ranger x 2 (1 in Naked challenge)
Warden (Yellows)
Ritualist
Diviner
Guardian (Xmax Challenge)
Illusionist
Spellbreaker
Harbinger (Xmax x2)
Assassin (Yellows)
Soothsayer (1 Naked, 1 Xmax)
Summoner
Elementalist
Prophet

Singles: Pyromancer and Wanderer

So I need:
Conjurer
Warlock
Champion
Druid
Corsair
Sorcerer
Slayer
Avenger
Sage
Thane
Paladin
Battlemage
Juggernaut
Evoker
Dreamkiller

Singles: Seer, Theurgist, Rogue, Hunter, Stormcaller, Defender and Warrior.

I've been concentrating on the Naked, Yellows and Xmax challenge toons, but I think I'd better start including the others that are already in progress otherwise I'll never get this challenge done. :eek:

defboy99
12-16-2014, 06:52 AM
Here's my current updated listing:

Aillig--10 Hunter A1N
Aislin--10 Ritualist A1N
Alpin--10 Hunter A1N
Aodh--10 Pyromancer A1N
Beatrix--43 Elementalist A1E
Callista--39 Conjurer A3N
Craig--35 Oracle A3N
Dagmar--10 Sorcerer A1N
Dante--50 Avenger A1E
Diarmud--39 Corsair A3N
Durian--50 Summoner A1E
Feandan--10 Hunter A1N
Gabhran--10 Brigand A1N
Galen--36 Slayer A3N
Gilt--35 Spellbinder A3N
Grimgoethe--35 Harbinger A3N
Hrothgar--42 Templar A3N (Xmax Hardcore Challenge)
Iomhair--43 Bone Charmer A3N (Xmax Hardcore Challenge R.I.P.)
January--10 Prophet A1N
Leannan--10 Assassin A1N
Magnbjorn--10 Dreamkiller A1N
Manassas--35 Conqueror A3N
MikeyMustekala--52 Druid A1E
Murron--10 Stormcaller A1N
Nikolos--52 Warlock A1E
Nimrod--54 Ranger A1E
Octavia--35 Evoker A3N
Pandora--48 Magician A4N
Periwinkle--65 Diviner A1L
Pertwee--71 Brigand (finished Legendary)
Petra--51 Oracle A4N (Xmax Hardcore Challenge)
Sebastian--45 Spellbreaker A1E
Siobahn--35 Sage A3N
Sophia--46 Oracle A4N (Xmax Hardcore Challenge R.I.P.)
Soren--59 Haruspex A1E (Xmax Hardcore Challenge)
Tassandra--69 Warden (finished Legendary)
Teaberry--46 Soothsayer A4N
Treehorn--69 Haruspex (finished Legendary)
Turok--47 Ranger A1E
Valkyria--36 Bone Charmer A3N
Zontar--38 Templar A3N

Dual classes I need:

Battlemage
Champion
Guardian
Illusionist
Juggernaut
Paladin
Thane

Single masteries I need:

Defender
Rogue
Seer
Theurgist
Wanderer
Warrior

So, currently, that's 41 toons comprising 29 different class combos and 3 single mastery classes. I have a long way to go and as slowly as I play I'm looking at a century or three if I want to complete this challenge! :D

Croc
12-16-2014, 07:58 AM
It takes too much time to complete this. Too much time!:eek:

I was doing the math here considering the character I took the least time to complete the game, my Diviner. It took 41.9 hours, with minimal farming and only level 61, completing all side quests and pausing everytime I was not playing. She also participated in the yellow challenge until dying on Mount Olympus, but I don't think that slowed anything since she rushed through normal difficult.

Now consider 41.9 * 45 = 1885.5 hours. If you play 10 hours per week (2 hours everyday, but no play in the weekend), it would take 188.5 weeks or 3.62 years:knockout:.

In my case, I thought I would stop at 5 toons (every mastery once). Then I joined the yellow and naked challenges and decided to stop at 9 toons (every mastery twice), but I ended up repeating warfare and nature 3 times and Earth and Rogue are still missing, so I don't know when I will stop.:)

defboy99
12-16-2014, 08:05 AM
It takes too much time to complete this. Too much time!:eek:

:D Most definitely! I doubt I'll complete this but I would like to at least get every available class up and running just so I'd have one of each and get to experience them to some degree. Wishful thinking, I know... ;)

Medea Fleecestealer
12-16-2014, 08:37 AM
Yeah, it gets you that way this game. :D

My Spellbinder took just over 166 hours, but that was clearing all areas on all difficulties. He must have been pretty slow though as my Bown Charmer only took just over 97 while clearing everything.

Still, being old and retired I have the time to at least try and I usually play well over 10 hours a week. ;)

Violos
12-16-2014, 09:14 AM
Yeah. I mean, there are definitely people here who have played enough to theoretically have done that... but it would take a while.

Especially because you basically have to go past normal difficulty every time to even start seeing what really works for a class, and even then some classes play very differently again in the late game.

Then again, some classes are similar enough. While I personally enjoy all the variations of Defense toons, for example, the differences between the playstyles are not that big.

If you want my opinion, to expecience most of what the game has to offer in not as many characters, you should use each mastery once (obviously), and also try to cover each major playstyle:
Melee weapon user, ranged weapon user (bows in Hunting or staves in Spirit), spellcaster, and petmaster. And electric burn mage (http://www.titanquest.net/forums/dream/30470-guide-electric-burn-dot-mage.html), as a special style of spellcasting / DoT class.

stormyboy
12-16-2014, 11:31 AM
i have completed a lot of characters because i play tq since day one. but because of different problems over the years and 2 or 3 hardware updates i have lost most of the characters. now i dont even think that i have any character that is in legendary left. maybe some veterans alrdy finished this but they dont have the characters anymore. its hard to complete and have the characters to show up without online storage because when you have a problem getting the saves for a game back is your last concern :D

GL to you all and have fun

Medea Fleecestealer
12-16-2014, 11:52 AM
I agree Violos and stormyboy. I've probably put in the hours, but have only ever finished with 6 toons. I keep coming up with different build ideas, or someone else does, and I want to try them out or I start a build I decide I don't like later and all the time my characters are increasing in number so they get played less and less often. That's why I deleted a whole bunch when I started doing the various challenges. I'll work through what I have now and then go back and tackle the remaining masteries/classes later. Otherwise I'll never get done. ;)

Violos
12-17-2014, 09:37 AM
Another issue I see with it is that you will feel compelled to play characters just to complete it, rather than because they are fun to you.

As Medea said - you usually have an idea you want to try, maybe a mod as well... and then you should just go and do that, even if it means playing a class you liked twice, rather than having to follow some kind of work plan. ;)

Medea Fleecestealer
12-17-2014, 10:22 AM
Well, not a problem for me as I like all the classes in the game which is one of the reasons I think I still enjoy it so much. Though I've not played that many other RPG's in the others I've tried I usually only find one or possibly two classes I enjoy playing. If I get tired of an archer toon in TQ I can happily switch to a caster or melee and carry on having fun. :) Can't say that for any of my other games except for GD.

ac_ipt
12-17-2014, 11:55 AM
I agree with Medea when it comes to TQ, somehow after playing the game for so long and having tried most things I can still find enjoyment in all classes and manage to find a "new way" of playing them, for example the prophet in my signature is an ice-sharder, something I've never done with Storm :D

Most RPG's work like that for me :D

Medea Fleecestealer
12-18-2014, 10:11 AM
Looks like I'm even worse off than you defboy99. At least you have some toons into Epic. All of mine are still in Normal difficulty. :eek:

Alvira - L15 Ranger Act 1
Boyd - L29 Warden Act 3
Brucena - L12 Ritualist Act 1
Calista Kali - L37 Diviner Act 4
Corman - L23 Guardian in Xmax - still in Act 1
Ilanda - L12 Illusionist Act 1
Janon - L16 Spellbreaker Act 1
Jarra - L28 Harbinger in Xmax x2 - Act 2
Kilian2 - L27 Assassin - Act 3
Neysa Firestar - L37 Pyromancer Act 4
Ophelia - L15 Wanderer Act 1
Querius - L38 Haruspex Act 4
Selvane - L24 Soothsayer in Xmax - Act 2
Summonerx2 - L21 Summoner in Xmax x2 Act 2
Wira - L12 Elementalist Act 1
Xania - L11 Prophet Act 1
Xanthe - L29 Oracle Act 3
Yorath - L15 Haruspex Act 1

I won't bother to list the couple of Naked challenge toons as they're unlikely to get to the end of the game anyway.

Looks like I've got some serious playing to do. :p