PDA

View Full Version : Brutal Manticor!!

Eizbear
07-12-2006, 04:00 AM
Hi!

in egypt, in the sandblown cave, there is a brutal manticor, with +20 in level against me, he kills me in 1 shot with his breath, or if he stamps on me.. the only hits i can take is the tailhits, but all the others are instant death..

and im a defender, with nearly all skills on the top, and pretty high health regeneration and health.. but i can't kill him.. if i get in some hits and die, then he has fully recoverd when i returned.. it's a pain in the ***!
but he'll probably be the greatest beast in the whole game..
the only one i had problems with before was TALOS, the automatoi master..

have any1 killed the manticor?

Drukqs
07-12-2006, 04:01 AM
Can you post a video of you getting 1 shotted? I really need a good laugh cause I have to remake my level 21 hunter.................................:clap:

Travisko
07-12-2006, 04:03 AM
Yeah he's a tough one but he's an optional boss. Try the ancient Dragon solo for hunters ha.. you can't EVEN hit him.

kamix
07-12-2006, 04:04 AM
There's a post in spoilers forum about him .. hard mofo :lol:

Eizbear
07-12-2006, 04:05 AM
Can you post a video of you getting 1 shotted? I really need a good laugh cause I have to remake my level 21 hunter.................................:clap:

hehe, don't think so...
is really not funny, i really hate it, i have died 9 times on that monster, and i have pretty good legendary set, and i just can't kill him..

the telkine in egypt, i killed him with in 20 hits..
scorpion king fell down about 8 hits..

but this monster, even if i managed to get 30 hits on him, which is hard as hell... his health indikator mearly moves!!!

AnonymousTester
07-12-2006, 04:27 AM
Jeez! How many times do I have to say this?
HIS WEAKNESS IS PIERCING!!!!! Goodluck.
And try and fight the Hydra in the Athens Swamp. He's even harder.

icehulk
07-12-2006, 04:52 AM
Yeah, i'm going after it right now again. Beat him once at least although it took a while to learn it, but it's not like it's going to be easy i might just mess up again :p. Anyway, see you in maybe 10 minutes if all goes well.

edit: It's down, once i was one shotted as i suspected by lighting. I was too slow to react. found Bow of Sa Djed (epic) from one of the chests after clubbering 10 maggots.

The colossal remains (http://personal.inet.fi/peli/pps/manticore.jpg)