PDA

View Full Version : What to play!

Minos Engele
09-09-2011, 11:56 AM
I've completed Legendary with a Warden and Harbinger. Played a melee Diviner, an Evoker, a Spellbinder and a Corsair to the beginning of Legendary. All these were great fun but I had the most fun with the Warden, Diviner and Corsair. They also did very well except for the Corsair who was always dying a lot. I also tried a couple other builds but they never were very fun or capable (not to say that the classes are weak, just that I didn't play them well (Paladin, melee Warlock))

Now, I can safely say that Spirit, Defense and Dream are my favourite masteries, prefer melee/hybrid and I want to start a new character. But what?

Bonecharmers seem to be cool, and I'd love to play another Hunting class.
I've never played the nature mastery so a Guardian would be fun, or a melee Soothsayer.
My melee Diviner was probably my most fun toon but he got some items from other chars so I wasn't really playing fair, I would enjoy a restart. Or maybe a melee Prophet/Oracle?
I feel I never played the Corsair to his strenghts. Maybe a retry would be in order.

Please help me decide!

Plutonium
09-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Try something different, slayer for example is really cool, you can build him as a Bow/melee hybrid, which gives you plenty of options, great dps/survivability.

silenttales
09-27-2011, 08:52 PM
A Corsair isn't really a melee hybrid. It is one of those pure melee cookie cutter classes designed ti just point-and-click along the way, unless you built him as a trap caster or something.

Yeah the Bonecharmer is a neat class. The '-resistances' from the Spirit tree synergizes well with Huntings Take Down, giving out immense damage to bosses thru %hp reduction. I think its the only class where Take Down is worth getting.

I seriously saw a video with a Bonecharmer w/ -100% cooldown using a spear from Normal Helos fighting Hydra and killed it in a few seconds usIng Take Down spamming.

Asheron
09-28-2011, 11:55 AM
^Imposibru, he had -resistance on his rings probably, since bosses have hidden resistance to %hp reduction. Deathchill alone can't make them more vulnerable to it. Still I concur, Bone Charmer is interesting, I started one which is probably most insane character build ever... XD Can't wait to see how will he fair in Legendary.

As for playing something new... You can be melee, archer, caster, auramancer, petmancer/trapper, all classes are fun if you play them right.

Kalam
09-28-2011, 01:46 PM
if you like a challenge and like dream, you could go dreamkiller

silenttales
09-28-2011, 07:35 PM
^Imposibru, he had -resistance on his rings probably, since bosses have hidden resistance to %hp reduction. Deathchill alone can't make them more vulnerable to it. Still I concur, Bone Charmer is interesting, I started one which is probably most insane character build ever... XD Can't wait to see how will he fair in Legendary.

As for playing something new... You can be melee, archer, caster, auramancer, petmancer/trapper, all classes are fun if you play them right.

Yeah well I didn't say Deathchill alone. The Lich King maybe threw his Soul Blight while the Outsider cutting %hp's too. I didnt see his gear but probably he has some ShenDongs or Monkey Tricks in there OR maybe he haxxed it (as I remember he fought it nude), but still it is plausible that it happened legit.

I reckon this class functions the same as any other Spirit class like a Diviner or Spellbreaker, which taking down Hydra, or any boss, can be done in less than 10 seconds even without uber weapons, just correct set-up of gear. And with Take Down there, just hasten things up.

Hey you can also try an INT type bow Sage (Storm+Hunt). Lightning Markmanship arrows sweeping mobs, 1-2 hit KO most bosses because of Spell Breaker, Squall so ranged cant hit you and melee being Monster Lured.

I finished Legendary with one, not the strongest of Hybrids but really fun to play :)

Asheron
09-28-2011, 08:32 PM
Yeah, I know it can be done, just "white spear" sounds like he is naked/wearing all white, which can't be possible in two reasons:
1) where did he get -100% recharge then?
2) hydra would rip him a new one with white gear only

If I had all the uber gear for other slots, I could play any char with white weapon :p

Class suggestios: Trap Assassin, Melee/Petmancer Champion, Harrowing Diviner, melee Dreamkiller (tons of active skills, really fun to play), Conqueror (screen shake with shields is just super fun for me for some reason...) I actually starting with critical hit screen shake, its so fun :D

Minos Engele
10-22-2011, 07:34 PM
I've finally decided to go with the Corsair. Again. But this time I was succesfull and had fun so thats a great combination. The fun is mostly due to the active attack skills (lethal strike, batter, shield charge and the knives) combined with a leech energy effect so I can just keep them all going all the time.

Currently level 41 in Epic Megara. Around 600 DPS, 500 DA and 400 OA. Resistances are either almost non existant (around 0% for most of them) except for the pierce resist which is 62%.

Hardly any problem sofar. Only the machea archers but those are always a pain.

One thing I'm a bit bothered by though is my endgear. I'll probably use 2 Hale rings with socketed MKT's and a +VitRes helm with the Erebus shard. This will prohibit me from using the Trackers hood and Apollo's will's though. Not a big thing since I'll probably be cruising through everything anyway but still. A shame.