PDA

View Full Version : Uniques with affixes?

magnate
08-11-2011, 06:30 AM
Hi all,

Yesterday I found an Epic (blue) item I hadn't seen before - an amulet called Crystal Totem. When I looked at it in TQ Vault, it came up as "Insulated Crystal Totem". That's the first time I've ever seen a unique item with affixes - I'd seen a few threads which referred to them, but hadn't understood until now.

So, what are the chances of this? Can any blue item get a prefix? And a suffix? Or is it just amulets? What affixes can they get? What about purple items, can they get affixes too? What about set items? Is there any detailed info on this issue?

This just changed the whole collection game in a big way - there was I thinking I had to hunt for MIs with good affixes, but at least the blues and purples were fixed, so I only needed to find them once. No longer ...

defboy99
08-11-2011, 06:44 AM
I have four Black Pearl rings (purple items), each with a different affix: ...of Clout, ...of Permanence, ...of Power, and Resistant. I also have two Black Pearl Pendants, one ...of Intellect and one ...of Grace. So, affixes can appear on at least some unique rings and amulets (I haven't seen affixes on any blue jewelry I've found, only on the purple Black Pearl items). Also, you can get uniques with the same bonuses, but those bonuses might vary by a few percentage points due to the seed the game used when you found them. Example: I have three Rhesus' Whitewashed Armors, but their bonuses are off a tad when compared to one another. So, in that respect, even though they're basically the same, they're a bit different, too.

I haven't found any affixes on unique set items.

Incidentally, if you don't have TQ Collector, I'd recommend it. Very handy little program that lists 1,752 Uniques, Set Items, Artifacts, Parchments, Arcane Formulae, Relics, Charms and MIs. You can find it in the Tools section. It gives you something to shoot for when adventuring/looting.

magnate
08-12-2011, 05:13 AM
Thank you - sounds like it's just jewelry, and maybe only a small subset.

Yes, I have TQCollector - it's excellent. Apparently a previous version had very useful functionality where a tooltip popped up when you hovered over an item, to tell you which char or vault it was on. This doesn't work in the latest version, and development seems to have stopped. I'd quite like to fix this if the source code is available.

Irma2
08-12-2011, 09:12 AM
It's not just jewelry, items like Jeweled Bow and Truesilver Bracelet can also roll with affixes. Unfortunately, the base bonuses on these items are so rubbish that, even with extra affixes, you'll still find something better.

Jeweled Bow, for example has base bonuses of 13-23 Vitality Damage and 15% Chance of 1-2 Seconds of Stun. So even if you found one with Relentless and ...of Alacrity as affixes, it would still only be fractionally better than a green with the same affixes.

Truesilver Bracelet gives:
16% Elemental Resistance
+27 Strength
+32 Intelligence
+31 Dexterity
+300 Health
+302 Energy
+29% Energy Regeneration
+45% Casting Speed

So, again, you'd need pretty spectacular affixes in order to consider ditching your Archmage's Clasp for it.