PDA

View Full Version : question about masteries

Titan Master
06-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Hello everyone, I want to do DW character but not sure if I would want to go like assasin or harbinger(i hope i spellt it right) so I was thinking if you could share some expirience with this classes to help me decide

P.S. i have some good gear so that isn't a problem

Phantasy_snot
06-27-2011, 03:07 PM
from what i know, assasins are pretty much limiteed to using swords, which dont do as much damage as clubs/axes, and while the are faster, it is easy to get high AS with other weapons. They do have the advantage of the EW tree, while not great for damage, it can really help you disable enemies. Flash powder is a semi-useful emergency button, and lethal strikes a great boss killer.
harbingers are great because they have lucid dream, tree which gives alot, both offensive and defensive advantages/ Phantom Strike+Dream Stealer is an excellent charge skill, better than war wind. The Trances are good, go with either ToC or ToW, i usually go with ToC, because the damage absoption is useful, but you could go with ToW for the skill disruption (good on bosses and enemies with onlsaught) and the reduced resistances.

LMunhoz
06-27-2011, 03:30 PM
When you DW you sacrifice your defense in favor of more damage. That's when Dream plays beautifully to a DW char, awesome crowd control, TranceoC (just read what this one gives you, hard to believe.) and ToW (skill disruption on mobs), DR + TR as panic button, all Lucid Dream tree, you even get a pet hehehe All that Phantasy said.

Harbinger would be a better choice for a first DW run... Just build a solid warrior and add those dream skills with patience.

The assassin can actually be better during Normal diff, but as you hit later diff the bleeding and poison damages are to laugh, Lethal strike don't do that much without Study Prey from Hunting I take PS anyday... Assassin can be fun to play, and it's not impossible to finish the game, but when compared to a Harbinger is not even trying.

Titan Master
06-27-2011, 03:42 PM
well it's not my first attempt, my first attempt was when i just bought the game (can't remember when) , it was disaster, couldn't even kill Nessus xD and what about eqiuipmet, who is easier to equip and what gear should i be aiming for as harbinger?

Medea Fleecestealer
06-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Assassins are not limited to swords, but if you switch entirely to the heavier weapons like clubs/axes you won't be able to use Rogue's Blade Honing skill which only applies to swords and spears. However, if you dual wield you can have a sword in one hand and a club/axe in the other and still be able to use Blade Honing.

If you're new to the game though, making a Harbringer would probably be the better first choice for dual wielding. Take Onslaught rather than Psionic Touch tree, Lucid Dream tree, Trance of Convalescence for health/energy benefits or Wrath to deal more damage, Phantom Strike to ghost into mobs then blast them with Distort Reality - all sorts of possibilities.

Titan Master
06-27-2011, 03:53 PM
So I go harbringer but only thing now is to see what equipment to use, any advices on that topic? actually I'm not so new to game as you think ;)

LMunhoz
06-27-2011, 06:30 PM
If you go DW, seek for a fast weapon in one hand and a high damage but slow on the other. DW from the beginning is up to you, some prefer to go with shield till you can have the full DW tree. That's why starting with Warfare is probably the best.

KingOfDawn96
06-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Seek 1 high damage weapon,and 1 ADCTH(attack damage converted to health) weapon :)

Medea Fleecestealer
06-29-2011, 11:41 AM
In one hand:
Sapros is a good choice for serious damage because of its -63 flat resistance modifier.
Thorny Maul with its crazy 50% piercing damage.

In the other:
Legendary Sabretooth socketed with Incarnation of the Valour of Achilles with either attack speed or damage bonus.
Stonebinder's Cuffs: rare green cuffs dropped by Gorgon bosses. +1 (Normal) to +3 (Legendary) to all skills and elemental resistance and if you're lucky you get +35% AS.

Mantle of Sa'jun for its resistances (pierce, bleeding, elemental, poison, life leech, energy and stun plus entrapment- and freeze reducement and skill disruption protection). Not the highest armour rating though but a nice bonus to DA.

Helmet-wise, Visage of the Shadowlord for +1 to all skills bonus and +50% Electrical Burn Damage modifier.
Are's War Helm is also a good choice giving +1 to Warfare skills.

Athena's Battle Greaves,