PDA

View Full Version : No DVD Mods question

Shadowflame
03-30-2011, 10:50 AM
I haven't found this in here but does anyone have any idea of how a no DVD patch works, I have an Alienware M11X with no internal DVD drive and want to be able to play TQIT without having to attach the external drive. I own both the TQ and IT and also a copy of TQ Gold so I can play with my son.

I found a crack at GameCopyWorld for the no cd/dvd check but for some reason it won't work on my M11X, works just find on my other systems.

Any help would be appreciated.:cool:

ASYLUM101
03-30-2011, 01:19 PM
No-CD cracks are easy to install, locate your TQIT folder, rename the old .exe file to something else, tqit.ex_ works fine, then drop the crack in there and viola.

There was a no-cd crack in one of the old fanpatches, forgot which one though :'(

Samsonite
03-30-2011, 02:34 PM
1.6 has the crack

yerkyerk
03-30-2011, 04:14 PM
The latest one (1.17) also has the crack, it's just not "TQIT.exe", but rather "start backup.exe". There are some bugs in the game yet and we could not be sure that these bugs were not related to TQIT.exe. So we decided to seperate the crack from the original tqit.exe.

You can just install the fanpatch and run "start backup.exe" and it should work fine. If, for some reason, the crack won't work, why not make an iso of your DVD?

Samsonite
03-30-2011, 04:52 PM
I recently added a pretty large storage drive on the cheap, and was thinking of loading my game collection on it via iso / mount / play.

Thanks for that 1.17 info Yerk, wasn't aware of that:D

Shadowflame
03-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. . .I did mount an ISO with Daemon tools and it runs fine. . .I just didn't want to give up 2 GB of HDD space. . . and I just wondered why the cracked exe won't work on my laptop but the identical crack works fine on all my other systems desktop and laptops . . .all running win 7 Home Premium. . . .

I had installed Darksiders through Steam and wondered if somehow THQ had some sneaky lil DRM worked in . . . that affected TQIT as well. . . .

I was hoping someone could shed light on how to break open the tqit.exe and with what editor/decompiler and what was the check removal string.

yerkyerk
03-31-2011, 05:59 PM
I have no idea about that, but the implementation of new DRM on TQIT sounds highly unlikely. Perhaps your crack got corrupted somehow. There's really not that much difference between the cracked and the non-cracked TQIT.exe.

tcutchi
04-18-2011, 02:49 AM
Don't know if you're still having this problem, but if you want to save space you can just make a "mini-image" of the original game disc. It'll only take a few MB's of space.

1: Get the trial of Alcohol 120%
2: Insert the disc
3: Click "Image Making Wizard" on the left side
4: Set the read speed to 1x (Or the lowest you can go)
5: Leave all boxes UNchecked except "Skip Reading errors"
6: Hit Next, pick a destination, Start, and after a few seconds (When it gets to about 10 MB in size), just hit Cancel, and then No when it asks to delete the file.

You can't use the mini-image to actually install the game on other PC's or anything (Even though it'll show all the files and sizes as the original), it just has enough info on it to "pretend" it's a real disc. You can then mount it in Daemon Tools just like any other image.