PDA

View Full Version : Storyline? Items? Etc

chanxeng
12-07-2005, 05:55 PM
I have read all the reviews on gamespot and also the official website, which doesnt provide much useful information at all. Maybe I have missed it out somewhere. But all I know abt the game now is that it is set in ancient greece and egypt. But wat abt the storyline? And wat abt the gameplay. The gameplay seems very diablo, not that im complaining, but wat is new or different?

I read that the storyline has not been developed yet. I feel its pretty late for them 2 start developing it since it would be released early next year. So Im not expecting a very good storyline. And tis wld make the game less interesting...

For gameplay, I guess it most probably be like diablo II? In this case, it wld probable be just a 'remake' of the game.

WAt do u all tink?

pyowomaniac
12-07-2005, 07:36 PM
I don't believe the storyline hasn't been developed yet. They may not finalized the ending of the story, but I believe they are in too deep to be just now starting on the storyline.

death200089
12-07-2005, 08:13 PM
As far as I can tell the difference in the gameplay form diabio are 1. the way u attack u don't just move your weapon back and force you atually have combos, check out any gameplay clip to see for yourself. 2. you can costumize your spells far bettre then in diablo.

As for the storyline they have developed some of it on one of the interviews the guy said very little about it and got off it right away but i think they just want to keep the spoliers to a minimum before the game comes out.

12-08-2005, 05:26 AM
The game does already have a storyline indeed but they just wont say it they want to keep it a secret

ruubster
12-08-2005, 05:45 AM
and I totaly agree with them to keep the storyline a secret ^^

I want to find out how the story goes by myself :)

12-09-2005, 04:07 AM
jea finding out the story of a game is one of the best rewards possible so ruining it would be a shame

chanxeng
12-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Yeah storyline to be a secret is definitely a yes...

From the demo videos i've seen, there doesnt seem to have any difference from diablo II...I'm just looking for something new, that separates this games from thousandsd of RPGs out there. Graphics is one thing, but the gameplay is another

ToiMoi
12-09-2005, 07:09 PM
personally i don't mind that much if the gameplay is like D2's.. nothing wrong with using a product that has proven itself succesful!
i hope the storyline will be one of it's strongest points, since they keep it so secret, i think they want to have the players to find out for themselves instead of already plotting it out on the .net!! :D

Dobster
12-09-2005, 07:31 PM
i hope the storyline will be one of it's strongest points

I definatley agree. A good storyline builds the games atmosphere. A good soundtrack would complement it too. The two together would make an awesome game. I think it will pay to be patient until the games release to hear the full story reveal itself.

shihad
12-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Does anyone think the storyline will be similar to games like age of empires?

pyowomaniac
12-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Yes, it will be similar. It's rare that a game will be 100% new. Most, if not all, games have been inspired to some extent by and older game.

death200089
12-12-2005, 12:29 AM
Yes, it will be similar. It's rare that a game will be 100% new. Most, if not all, games have been inspired to some extent by and older game.

um this game was inspiered by alot of games just because its more different then any other game in its class doesn't mean its 100% new 70% new if we are lucky.

ToiMoi
12-12-2005, 04:25 AM
i'm not sure whether you can compare the storyline to AoE.. maybe in the way you can play different campaigns.. but i think you're supposed to go t o all the regions in order to get the campaign of the game completed... any thoughts?

12-12-2005, 08:46 AM
the storyline looks a lot similar to age of mythology the titans escape from tartarus and are creating havoc and you need to kick their ash back in tartarus again

pyowomaniac
12-12-2005, 06:21 PM

um this game was inspiered by alot of games just because its more different then any other game in its class doesn't mean its 100% new 70% new if we are lucky.

um, you may have misunderstand what I typed. In no way did I state that the game would be 100%. I clearly typed that the game has been inspired by others. No harm was intended.

mcrandy
12-16-2005, 03:30 PM
Lets hope the music is more like Diablo and NOT like AOE cause AOE music suks......

:eek: I hope that we get to discover the story from playing the game and that is much better then reading about it before hand.

Majpain
01-10-2006, 12:53 AM
It might be just a quest game with no huge plot.I mean they could be like MMO's who just constantly add quests to the game and maybe with the editor make your own quests.