PDA

View Full Version : Help! All my work is lost... :(

Prowlinger
07-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Hey everyone... I was compiling a build and not sure what happened...

I go into editor and all of my 3 maps are blank... But when I open the
wrl .. it shows the 3 regions as they were. I cannot open any of the maps
now in the editor... I have all of the files as they were and they are not zeroed out (file size)...

Anyone got any clues? I am getting an error when I do build the mod... error in "Temple.lvl" in red...

I "may have" put an object across 2 regions by mistake... any way to remove that obelisk?

Over 40 hours of work hopefully not lost... :silenced:

Linque
07-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Send me the files and I'll see if I can find out the problem. It's really hard to help by text. I'll pm you an e-mail address.

Prowlinger
07-10-2006, 02:22 PM
*Crossing Fingers*

Rithgard
07-10-2006, 02:22 PM
ive come accross this problem alot.. and am fast comming to the conclusion that the "build all areas" button might have something wrong with it.. it deletes everything on all but the first area i made every time i use it.. regardless of whether or not they over lap. this only happens when the areas are touching though.. no problems occur when all the areas remain seperate.. makes me wonder how its possible to link areas by aligning them in layout mode.. bucause i checked very carefully that they wernt overlapping

Linque
07-10-2006, 02:30 PM
I haven't received nothing yet.

Hopefully you zipped the maps archive only? I'm not sure if bigger than 10mb files get thru. I'll pm you again.

Linque
07-10-2006, 03:09 PM
Ok I've got it working. Did you manage to fix it yourself?

EDIT: Ah yes you mailed me the fix. That's what I did - it's working now.

EyEwitness
07-10-2006, 03:54 PM
What was the solution? (just in case any of us get the same problem)

Prowlinger
07-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Ok the solution is >

Remove all the regions from your world... (Use the editor)

If you have alot of links and a big world then you are in for some time spent fixing it all over...

Once done... resave rebuild and then add in the regions (import region) 1 by 1 again...

Everything recovered.