PDA

View Full Version : No Potion Challenge

Bricker
01-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Has anyone ever completed the game (base, not uber hard mods) without using potions (and no twinking and hardcore of course)? In your opinion, what would be the best class to attempt this?

My best attempt so far was a Harruspex who made it to Charon.

Bullseye
01-21-2011, 07:22 PM
I don't think that is possible... :D

johnjov
01-21-2011, 07:29 PM
In your opinion, what would be the best class to attempt this?
Its possible considering ppl have completed xmax mod without potions. one of the best masteries for this challenge is Spirit. although, imo for the vanilla game, any build can make it through with no potion using the right skill play and kiting tactics.

Bullseye
01-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Probably yes, you're right, and Spirit is the right class for it, since its the main Mastery for Draining Life hehe

Sorry, I rushed to post without thinking for all the possibilities :D

Irma2
01-21-2011, 07:53 PM
I did it with caster Evoker till the end of Normal and it was quite easy actually. ToC and a Viny Growth or two = mega life regen. Although you don't even need much regen. Evoker gets Psionic Immolation which kills anything in melee range in Normal before it can touch you, and Eruption kills anything at caster range before it can touch you. So it's not like you're getting hurt much. The only time I needed my mega regen was when I almost one-shotted myself with PI against a Dragonian mage who had its orange aura up.

There was also a War Horn spamming Yerren Hero who caused me a bit of grief because I had to stay out of range of his stunning attack. Other than that, there were no real challenging fights. Details in this thread (http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/20741-The-Ultimate-Immortal-Challenge).

Bricker2
11-16-2011, 05:50 AM
Yay! Finally did it! With a Diviner following the motto "let the pet handle the bosses".

Not so impressive in retrospect, but in my defense I was also following these challenges( in addition to no potion and HC and no twink):

1) highest leveled character - more of a penalty than I would have imagined, but I made sure that my HC character was the first to encounter any new material Previously, the highest I had gotten was legendary Minotaur Lord.

2) Limited restarts - to prevent me from just farming an area until I got what I wanted. While I had no hard and fast restriction, I only restarted this game 21 times and did a limited amount of farming each time.

Edit: Can't get the screen shot to show up in this forum.

Golvmopp
01-07-2013, 10:07 PM
I just took on this challenge with a Soothsayer. First time ever that I'm really thinking about my skill choices.

Also, I'm doing it on Underlord mod. Haven't gotten far though, will tell progress if anybody would be interested. :)

jonnymon69
01-07-2013, 10:13 PM
at least the nature mastery has a nice heal.

id like to here your progress

Shadow Blade
01-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Honestly the challenge probably has about a 23% chance of completing, unless you mean throughout the entire game, with Epic and Legendary. Then it'd probably be downright impossible. It's difficult for me to not use a potion during the Satyr Shaman even, so yeah.

I do see a possiblilty with the challenge, and might as well try it out. Nature can givrr you Regrowth, which can be used to give you back health without having to use a potion every couple seconds. It takes lots of Energy, but if you put Att. Points on Energy and Health most of the time it should work out pretty well. Also, Spirit would work well with it as well, where you have the Life Drain skill and you can easily break these skills up and be able to kick ass.

Overall, with the number of Pets you would recieve, amounts of Health from the two skills, average DPS, I'd say with a Soothsayer, you'd have a 43% chance of completing the game, not counting the various bosses that'll pop out of no where during the game (Heroes)

jonnymon69
01-07-2013, 10:23 PM
you can beat shaman by using the to regen shrine by him

Shadow Blade
01-07-2013, 10:29 PM
That's what I usually do, but I was saying when I was a beginner back in '07

BeRad
01-08-2013, 06:05 AM
I think I will join in on this 2 year necro and say my choice for this challenge would be the templar. TOC+Adrenaline=A very tough toon with health regen in the hundreds if you build it right. I have even heard of templars cracking 1000 hp per sec when adrenaline triggers.

stormyboy
09-06-2013, 04:18 PM
check hardcore xmax challenge. i did completed it. 0 pots(mana and hp) 0 deaths xmax untwink. i had a haruspex. if you farm enough per act u will have all the items you could ever wish for. my personal favorite farming spots were the gorgons act 1 telkine act 2 telkine and titan. no hades because i would go to the next difficulty where gorgons would give me superior items.
it is possible if you play cautiously. all you need is an offset with hp reg to help you between the fights and why not sometimes in fights.(did the epic hades with the set on. 400 hp reg). some atcth(for me the trance from dream was more than enough), and a weapon with low dmg and high energy leech in the other weapon slot for hit and run tactic. you will rly need that because you want to play with all spells out in order to survive. its better to hit and run every 10 mobs than die(spear if u have hunter so that you wont loose the DA bonus from wood lore when you switch)