PDA

View Full Version : Occultist - Shadow Lore

komgol
12-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Hey, all.

I'm curious to know how you feel about the Occultist Shadow Lore skill. It seems like the main things it does is increase bleeding damage and vitality decay/damage. What other Occultist skills is this intended to buff best? Would a build that used this, and the bleed damage from knife throws, be viable?

Also, the -8 HP regen is pretty intense. Does that matter much at high levels? If so, how do you counter it?

malroth
12-28-2010, 08:07 AM
If you have another class that can use bleeding well like Warfare Spirit or Hunting, or use lots of vit damage like dream then The shadow Lore tree is an awesome upgrade that massively ups your dps. Its also a small AOE party buff so its benefits apply to summons in your immediate vicinity most notably Traps and Irregularities. It should also boost the damage from knives, and toxic concoctions.

How you conteract the negative regen is largely dependant on secondary class. Nature Defence and Hunting masteries can pretty much completely ignore it as can Dream if they're running trance of convolescence. Warfare, Earth and Storm secondaries can get close to 0 net regen with a couple of relics or can keep up with the degen with the occasional potion or with lifesteal weapons, Spirit also sacrifices insane amounts of life for some of its spells, but is also the best class for leaching It can become at times a bizzare contradiction where you stay alive easier surronded by foes than you do alone standing in an empty field.

claudius
01-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Is it vitality debuff that lowers resistance to attack damage converted to health? Or is it life leach debuff?

johnjov
01-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Is it vitality debuff that lowers resistance to attack damage converted to health? Or is it life leach debuff?
life leech debuff

SoCalAries
01-17-2011, 04:00 AM
Damage converted to health is dependent upon the same multipliers as life leech.

claudius
01-20-2011, 07:40 PM
My occultist for some reason with stripped gear and level 10, and 10 points in mastery. 1 pt in dream mastery. 4 pts in shadlow link? (the first tier). It should be -1 health activation cost. But he gets 2 health regeneration/sec no matter what which is inherently wrong because it should be 1 not to mention there should be a change with shadow whatever...

I installed maybe a week ago.

malroth
01-20-2011, 07:53 PM
it displays your total health regen before upkeep, not your net after upkeep. Get hit and watch your healthbar both with and without shadowlore, its quite a difference.

claudius
01-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Hmmm malroth that could be. But I don't understand? Why is my health going up when I am out of combat. I should have a base of 1 health regen -1 = 0, right? Or is there a minimum below which you cannot go? It seems bugged to me.

malroth
01-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Underlord characters have a base of 2.0 health regen before mods

claudius
01-22-2011, 02:25 AM
Hmm I didn't realize that. Thanks. I checked with an item of reckless power I found and you are right.