PDA

View Full Version : switch masteries xmax to reg and vis-versa

duran1414201
12-10-2010, 04:28 PM
When I switch between masteries xmax ver. 1.03 to masteries ver. 1.03

I lose all I REPEAT ALL skills and masteries :confused:

When I switch I delete the two folders for the xmax ver and copy the folders for the normal version.

Is that right, please help

ASYLUM101
12-10-2010, 05:35 PM
So... just play one or the other? Not much we can do about it. (Pinkfrog doesn't post anymore, he won't fix it.)

I don't see how that should cause that problem, I think you made a mistake and did something you're not saying, because when I switch between my xmax mod and my mod without xmax, it works fine.

duran1414201
12-10-2010, 05:41 PM
I switch before the main Bosses I.E. the Gorgons, and Telkine.

I was following the info in the readme file and I Quote

Please note that “max” breaks the main quest in the Sphinx. Please play this part of the game with plain “masteries” and load your “max” version afterwards again.

duran1414201
12-14-2010, 03:43 PM
I did not know that you can have both reg and xmax versions on one custom char.

I thought you had to delete the one version and copy the other version and vis-versa.

ASYLUM101
12-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Please note that “max” breaks the main quest in the Sphinx. Please play this part of the game with plain “masteries” and load your “max” version afterwards again.

Yes, this is true. On xmax the sphinx mission will not allow you to progress because the game spawns X statues, but only allows you to kill like X-2 statues (not sure of the values, but you get what I mean I hope.) Basically, you can't do it on xmax, which is why you need to switch.

HOWEVER. It doesn't break your character if you do swap. You don't have to delete anything, just use the xmax versions when you can, and when it gets stuck, use the original version. (NOTE: THEY MUST BE THE SAME VERSION NUMBER, XMAX OR NOT ISN'T THE VERSION NUMBER)

FOE
12-15-2010, 03:54 AM
When I switch I delete the two folders for the xmax ver and copy the folders for the normal version.
HOWEVER. It doesn't break your character if you do swap. You don't have to delete anything, just use the xmax versions when you can, and when it gets stuck, use the original version. (NOTE: THEY MUST BE THE SAME VERSION NUMBER, XMAX OR NOT ISN'T THE VERSION NUMBER)
That's Right! You can use both versions parallel without problems!

They've also different names - "masteries" for the normal version and "masteries_xmax" for the xmax-version!