PDA

View Full Version : My first Attempt

TheAchilles
12-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Hey, this is my first time doing this so i'm going to try and type a story about what should happen after Hades dies if you don't have Lilith.Hope you like it

TheAchilles
12-10-2010, 11:31 AM
And after fighting my way through this misguided god's domain, I find myself face to face with the madman himself. I look up into the hood of the god and grin.
" Ooh! Scary, are you going to pull a rabbit out of your hood? Or can i saw you in half?" I say mockingly.
"Your death, Huscarl of Greece, will bring me great satisfaction!" rumbled the tall, ominous reaper standing before me.
"Come and get me!" I taunt, casually stringing my bow and activating my Art of the Hunt.
" I haven't had a challenge in eons" bellowed Hades, swinging his scythe masterfully.
I start running circles around the traitorous god, firing when I can. Dodging walls of crackling red energy, I fire an arrow and watch as Hades erupts into an ugly squid reaper. Slinging my bow over my shoulder, I pull out my spear and Frostguard and leap towards him, chugging a health potion as his scythe cleaves a gash in my side.
" You cannot defeat me, Titan Smasher! I AM A GOD!!" burbles the squid-reaper as I casually run it through.
The squid-reaper dissolves into a vaguely ghost-like form, as large as Typhon, which starts firing white balls of energy at me. He catches me off guard and catches me in a wave of energy. I fall to my knees, and as i start to dissolve, I see the faces of Persephone,Diomedes, and various villagers I met on my travels. They are why I fight. Because if Hades' demon horde broke free, they would be abused, killed, and put through hell.
"I may be one, but I fight for many."I cough out towards my foe. I close my eyes and embrace the warmth of the light.

TheAchilles
12-10-2010, 12:51 PM
replies are welcome!!

1cec0ld
12-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Maybe I've killed Hades too much, but I think I'm more interested in what happens after he dies, rather than the long drawn out fight. I like the detail, and writing style, but I'm just bored imagining a fight I've done countless time already.
Summary: Good writing, I'm just not the right person to be judging this particular section.

BrigandPwnage
12-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Its great man. Large words is what I like. For the other people, Ive also started a story of my own. Here is the link if you want it: http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/36686-New-Story?p=409741#post409741. Plus, this is exactly what TheAchilies said about it:

I love it, this gives a first person view of the game, instead of the birds eye view that makes you feel like you are a spectator

Heck, its a comment. And, there are the others who commented (including the one who subscribed). Have fun with both of these amazingstories if you wish to.

TheAchilles
12-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Darkness...
The feeling like I'm being forced through a bottle...
A bright, painful light.
I open my eyes to find myself in Hades former prison,now full of dead wardens, lying on my back with a crick in my neck. I get up, dust myself off, re-activate my Art of the Hunt, sling my bow over my shoulder and take off down the dark tunnels that will lead me back to Hades. Suddenly, I turn a corner and look around. Not only am I lost, but I have 3 giant angry suits of armor rushing toward me. 3 arrows later and I manage to find the right path. As I approach the throne room, I see a large wall of crystal blocking my way to the King of the Underworld. Walking forward, I lay my hand on it and think about my wife back in Greece. I hear a roar of anger, and the wall collapses. I dash inside and begin to circle left. Good thing too, as it turns out, because Hades almost blasted me back to his prison. As I run, i notice it takes Hades a while to fire after he fires waves around the room. Using this to my advantage, I run until he fires the waves, then I step forward and activate my Scroll of the Tempest. Lightening roars down from the cavern ceiling to crash into the god, and I follow up with my magic arrows.
"This is the consequense for deserting your post!!" I bellowed as I continued to rain down arrows on the god.
"Who is Zeus to order me,his brother, to leave this plane of existence?" Hades howled back.
Unfortunately, I never got to fire another comment back, because at that moment, a particuarly strong bolt hit Hades square in the back, causing him to revert back to a more human-like body and making his flesh bubble and melt like candle wax. I stand by and watch as the traitor melted into nothingness.
"Good job, Titan-Smasher." I hear from behind me. I whirl around, only to see Persephone,Goddess of springtime, Ex-wife of Hades, standing at the throne.
" You have done well, and for that, you have earned the title Gods Bane. But you cannot go home yet, for there is trouble in the past." she says gently.
"What kind of trouble?"
" Before you came, Hades sent 3 spirits back in time to possess the Titans and the Gods and make himself King Of the Gods. You must go back in time, defeat these spirits and cause war between our former selves and the Titans." Persephone says, waving her hand and making a portal on the throne of Hades."This will take you back. And some advice," Persephone grins " we were all alot more stuck up then today". I chuckle, and walk in to the swirling orange portal with my head held high.

TheAchilles
12-11-2010, 09:58 PM
i did both of these in one sitting each, my brain going into overload

1cec0ld
12-12-2010, 05:16 AM
Ok, now I'm getting interested. :)

TheAchilles
12-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Excellent, the only trouble is that before I've been pulling this from the game and my head; now i just have my head to pull it from. And my head can be a very ugly place.

TheAchilles
12-12-2010, 04:24 PM
I open my eyes to find myself in the usual tunnel that comes with portal transport. The sides of the tunnel were tinged orange, but I could see through them. What I saw disturbed me deeply. I saw cities destroyed, raised and then destroyed again. I saw humanity regressing, becoming stronger and primitive. Suddenly, I reach the end of the tunnel and fall face first into a large mud puddle.
"Nice, Persephone." I growl sarcastically, wiping mud off myself. I check to make sure I had all my gear, when I hear a crackling, like large feet walking on sticks. I turn to see a Neanderthal walking away from my position. I activate my Art of the Hunt, and am about to put an arrow in the back of its head when I suddenly think about how much damage I would do to my future if I killed it.
" I might end up wiping out most of humanity." I say, shocked just thinking of the consequenses. I sling my bow over my shoulder and rush off after the Neanderthal.
"Hey, you, UGLY!!!" I bellow after him. He turns, sees me, and takes off.
"Dang, he's fast." I remark, and the chase began. In truth, I almost lost him twice, only to find him looking at me from behind a tree. Suddenly, we rush into a clearing and I tackle him to the ground.
"Wat yu 'ant with Ug?" the primitive person spat out.
"I need to find the Gods, um.. Ug" I say, hoisting the ugly little man to his feet.
"Make deal, um..."
"Huscarl" I say.
"Make deal Hecarl. You go there. Get BrightRock. Bring to Ug. I 'elp yu geet to BigRock." slurred Ug.
"Where is the BrightRock?" I ask.
"In there." Ug belched, pointing towards a large, dark cave at the other side of the clearing.
"Anything large, ugly, smelly, or possessing sharp teeth and claws in there?" I ask.
"Yes." Ug said.
"To all of those?"
"Yep"
"Darn, oh well." I sigh, and trudge off into the cave, activating my light and pulling out my bow.

TheAchilles
12-19-2010, 02:05 PM
As I walk in to the cave, i realize something; its incredibly cold down here. The cave has many tunnels, some of which lead to dead ends. Multiple times, I have to pull out the map given to me by the priest at home. Something else bothers me, and i figure it out as I walk by the skeletons of hundreds upon hundreds of primitive satyrs, stacked up into a mountain that reaches the ceiling. There are no monsters, no demons, not even rodents in this cave.
"Great, something big and hungry is waiting for me" I snarl sarcastically. The further I progress into the cave, the colder it gets. After being turned around again, I realize the walls of the tunnel are coated in blue, glowing slime. And the slime only goes through tunnels that progress farther into the cave. On a theory, I follow the slime into a long, tall tunnel with light pouring in from the other end. Cautious, I sneak into the room. Good thing too, because at the base of a large, solitary pillar, lay the biggest beast I'd ever seen. Upright, it must have scraped the ceiling of the cathedral-like cavern. It had the head of a lion, teeth dripping with the blue slime I'd seen earlier. The body was one of a large snake with a massive six-pack. The arms were vaguely human, covered in scars and spikes. The tail was massive, almost as big as the beast itself, was similar to the Egyptian Manticore, a great ball of spikes on the end. I gasp at smell of it; it smelled worse than Ug. my mistake. Hearing the slight inhalation, the beast's eyes shot open and it moved it's tail to block the exit.
"I'm screwed!" I sigh.

Alek_tq
12-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Interesting.
The only thing I dislike is the repealing wall's of text :)
Try to use paragraphs a bit more, just to make it esthetically better.

I honestly don't mean to advertise or compare our works, but this is the example I found in the shortest period of time ;)
http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/36998-Lesser-Path?p=410522&viewfull=1#post410522

TheAchilles
12-24-2010, 02:51 PM
nah, i enjoy it like this, it looks more like a journal, even though its a story. Thanks for the advice though!

Alek_tq
12-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Ofc, journal requires a different form!

TheAchilles
03-18-2011, 04:00 PM
i give up, the spark that started this thread is dead, but im starting a new one, starting at the beginning of the game.

TheAchilles
03-18-2011, 04:08 PM
its at this
http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/38167-Open-to-title-suggestions-story-time?highlight=open+title