PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter Nights 1 questions

Laurrrr
10-22-2010, 02:39 PM
So i want to play the game but i have a couple of questions:
1.What patch should i install?
2.What are the best mods that make this game better?
3.The story is any good?

ASYLUM101
10-22-2010, 02:57 PM
If you have all the expansions, HotU and SoU, install them and install the last patch for HotU, I forget the exact number but they haven't updated it at all since release practically. (like one or 2 updates, whoohoo... -_-)

Mods - get the community expansion pack, and possibly the PRC pack (player resource thingy), I don't remember where to find them so you may have to hunt them down. The community expansion pack includes a TON of fixes, new races, new items, new everything, it's a must have. PRC is the same thing, adds more classes, spells and races. (iirc there was a way to let the player play as a minotaur, stuff like that) There are a few good map packs too, but I can't remember the names, I haven't played that game in a while.

The story...well it's not AMAZING, but it is decent. I honestly don't even remember it, it wasn't all that captivating.

Laurrrr
10-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Thanks Asylum,i managed to hunt them down.

Tyr
10-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Just be sure to get the expansions and their updates.

WolfSoul
10-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Auto-update doesn't work.. but the final patch is 1.69, should be a link to it on nwn.bioware.com

Deathshadow
10-23-2010, 10:22 AM
You might have notice that with last patch your cloak will actually be visible on your char . Kinda cool . Also if you want internet play you need to update . It can be very fun , especially when people make some kind of mod or story from it .

Laurrrr
10-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Yup,i started it today,i have both expansion with 1.69 patch and community expansion pack,it's pure awesome,thanks guys.Also i laughed my arse of when i heard "Tyr bless us all" or something whit Tyr because i was thinking at Tyr,our forumer.

Tyr
10-23-2010, 11:30 AM
I got my forum name from that game, yeah.:D