PDA

View Full Version : Proposition for Casual Guild

CymTyr
07-09-2006, 05:08 PM
J1mm and I are tooling around with the idea of creating a casual guild.

Purpose: To have a network of reliable people in TQ, possibly expanding to other games down the road. A very laid back, casual approach.

Idea: No required gaming time, MP available if wanted. Potentially creation of a bank for the guild, which could be run be several different people.

This is just a rough framework for what J1mm and I have been talking about. Ideally everyone in the network would have xfire for easy communication.

If you're interested in joining a guild for TQ, with options to expand into other games down the road, then let myself or J1mm know through PM's or replies to this thread. We'd be looking for people that like to have a good time, don't stress about the little things, and are respectful of their fellow guildies.

This is just an idea at the moment, we'll see what kind of responses we get.

Also, you can add us to your xfire friends list if you want to get in touch with us that way.

One last note: I would like to have at least a couple people with strong systems and fast internet for max MP games when available, but this isn't necessary if you want to join. More of a wish list on my part. :D

My xfire name: cymtyr

Edit: Neurro can also be contacted. Also, when I say "Casual" I mean no required game time, but obviously, if we want to grow and make something happen, a certain amount of dedication would have to be present.

---
J1mm, Neurro feel free to add anything I may have forgotten. :rockon:

Peace,

-Cym

Highlander
07-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Hi if u do get it of the ground i would like to join as i live in scotland and have not got a guild as such in this game and would like it.
My xfie name is Highlander961

neurro
07-09-2006, 06:53 PM
I just want to clarify a bit on Cym's post and say that when we say that there is no required amount of time to be spent in TQ and/or the Guild, but in the same instance, we aren't going to take gamers that keep themselves distant from us or the game. This will be a laid back guild, but if everything goes right, there will be a happy level of activity and participation from everyone, WITHOUT the stress of having to meet a requirement.

If we do this Guild bank, you can expect a huge amount of loot that'll be available, considering that I know my own ability when it comes to farming magic items and I'm sure j1mm and Cym are quite capable too.

My xfire is "neurro" if anyone wants to talk further. You can of course contact Cym and j1mm as well :)

Electronix
07-09-2006, 07:09 PM
I would love this to happen...and would join if it goes ahead...PM me if it does (dont have xfire)

Fletch
07-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Sounds cool. Been looking for a group to join for some casual multiplaer. Expecailly on Lengandary

LordDivine
07-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Same here, very interrested :) xfire = lorddivine

j1mm
07-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Although it is not mentioned...

If we do get a guild up and running, we would highly recommend getting xfire. Its easier to keep track of friends and guildies, and it connects you better with the guild.

Like I said, its highly recommended that you have xfire (not required). However it does get you in on the action instead of being left out in the cold :D

Razorwind
07-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Sounds good, include me. I'll try to install xfire, don't know if my notebook can handle all the extra stuff running.

Stylgar
07-09-2006, 11:04 PM
I think this is a great idea for those of us with the dedication, but not the time. I'd be very interested in helping make this community happen. XFire name is stylgar, look me up.

CymTyr
07-09-2006, 11:43 PM
Awesome response on this.

From what we've seen, it looks like this is a go ahead.

We're still ironing out the details, but we will have a guild portal site up soon, and we will have an official name soon.

Keep tuned! I have a lot of friends listed on xfire now, we will post the name here and will create a persistant chat room on xfire for guildies.

The really cool thing about this is we will most likely have a bank set up, to help people finishing sets and/or creating new characters that would like a little help.

As we said earlier, we could potentially expand if part/all of the guild decides to play another game as well.

I've seen other guilds with "chapters" in many different games. This is certainly a possibility. Obviously in TQ there's a very minimal amount of leadership required, but in other games it would probably be the same basic premise: emphasis on fun, and respecting each other.

Also, once the GP site is created we will be posting a guild charter. Nothing too fancy, just a mission statement of sorts with some general guidelines.

--

As far as xfire, if you're running a system that can't run it, send one of us a PM please.

-Cym

Bacon
07-10-2006, 12:40 AM
I'm all for it. If we decide to carry this further, I can assist with the web site.
xfire = jbacon

neurro
07-10-2006, 12:55 AM
*looks left*

*looks right*

:rockon:

GoggleMan
07-10-2006, 01:07 AM
Awesome, count me in. I haven't played much (or any) MP, but a nice casual guild would totally get me on.

neurro
07-10-2006, 01:41 AM
I forgot to mention that the Guild will have access to a pro hosted, 30 slot ventrilo server. Once Iron Lore fixes the conflict issues with voice chat and TQ I think it'll be pretty popular.

Edenex
07-10-2006, 12:21 PM
I've been looking forward to finding a guild for TQ for some time now. My xfire name is edenex look me up.

prozax
07-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Maybe this is the right way of starting a friendship on our own :cool: . Count me in too.
xfire ----> prosax

Luoskrad
07-10-2006, 03:09 PM
count me in, i have a few of you already on xfire, but havent taken the oppurtunity to say hi

Bacon
07-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Alright well we have the members, now we just need a name and a site. Any ideas on a name? Anybody else care to help with the web site as well?

CymTyr
07-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Okay the name for our guild is Blue Lion Syndicate.

I just put together a Guild Portal site: http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=97519&TabID=835898

There's a charter on there but it's just a basic rundown of how we're going to work. It may get adjusted and optimized in the near future.

Feel free to sign up! We'll also create an xfire chat room as well, so expect your invites to the chat room as our way of getting to know you better. This will be happening over the next few days.

Please sign up on the site, as well. Eventually we may get a bigger/better site but at this point I'm a poor college student so... :rockon:

Anyway this is a start.

I hope this works as well as we're aiming for. :D

-Cym

Blue Lion Syndicate
07-10-2006, 07:42 PM
The guild "Blue Lion Syndicate" is now up. People who are interested in joining the guild please contact CymTyr, j1mm, or neurro.

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you :D

Nexus
07-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Im in if you want to do this.

Imrys
07-11-2006, 03:54 AM
I am interested in this
Xfire= imrys

18 Brigand.

Razorwind
07-11-2006, 05:41 AM
Signed-up to the Blue Lion Syndicate. Had to choose another name because someone else had it. Anyhow, "Sans De Coeur is "my name on the guild, player name on TQ is "Razorwind." Hope to see you guys there, I have some equipment that I need to offload soon, eating up precious bag space.

obsolete
07-11-2006, 07:15 AM
I'm in a clan abit like the one you guys are creating and i hope you do well in creating it, my clan has been around for 4 years (i've only been in it since January :p) and it's a great feeling being part of a large community (100+ actual members with more members of various game guilds) who play loads of different games!

gl hf! :happy:

Cernunnos
07-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Good idea.

Lame guild name :)

Wouldn't it be a bit more appropriate to have a name that reflected an ancient Greek guild name or something ? Like Argonauts? or Orpheus' Chosen? or Templars of Zeus or something like that?

tenabrae
07-11-2006, 11:00 AM
The name turned me off ;)

neurro
07-11-2006, 01:14 PM
The name is a universal name. We aren't limiting ourself to just TQ. If the name of our guild turns you off to the point you don't want to join, you shouldn't be bothering to begin with.

Lions = Kings.
Blue Lions = Kings of the highest order.
Syndicate = Group

It works.

j1mm
07-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Wouldn't it be a bit more appropriate to have a name that reflected an ancient Greek guild name or something ? Like Argonauts? or Orpheus' Chosen? or Templars of Zeus or something like that?

Purpose: To have a network of reliable people in TQ, possibly expanding to other games down the road. A very laid back, casual approach.

as you see, we are looking at just for TQ atm. But later we might move onto other games. I mean how weird will it be to have a guild called "Zeus Thunder Bolt" in Battlefield 2??? :D

Edenex
07-11-2006, 01:46 PM
I didn't know you guys palyed BF2 as well :clap: .

Rupert Pupkin
07-11-2006, 01:56 PM
I just signed up on the website. rupertpupkin is my xfire name.

Zing0
07-11-2006, 02:05 PM
I have signed up on the website too and my xfire name is zing0.

neurro
07-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Yes please, if you guys are interested go to our Guild Portal and sign up, that way we know who wants to do this and who just added us to their xfire and never said anything. :D

Cernunnos
07-11-2006, 04:20 PM
I think if you are beginning the guild and expect people to join, then you would probably want to either accept suggestions about the guild name, since you want members, and they should have a say so as well.

But I respect your name, I just prefer not to join a guild named that.

Good luck though. Incidentally, in reference to your cross-game guild names, there arne't any lions in battlefield 2, and the guild I was in on WoW was called Sparta, even though we aren't really Greek *shrug*

But whatever works for ya, hope it takes off.

CymTyr
07-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Cernunnos, the name was decided prior to us accepting any new members because three of us decided we would start a guild.

As far as the name, the definition has been outlined.

This is for Titan Quest, not MMO #1,265. Yes we're talking about down the road expanding but right now, we're keeping it simple.

Thanks for your warm wishes.

-Cym

StarlightGamer14
07-11-2006, 08:48 PM
I've signed up as well. I love helping people out and I do a lot of farming, so I might have items to dump off frequently :p :).

My Xfire is starlightgamer14.

Razorwind
07-11-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm setup as Sans De Coeur over at the Blue Lion, but I don't have Xfire installed. Is this going to be a problem? My notebook is pretty tapped for resources and don't want to overload the poor girl since she's been so good to run Titan Quest for me :)

Electronix
07-12-2006, 05:15 AM
she's been so good to run Titan Quest for me :)
WOW...nice one...your laptop must be pretty good for that...

also...I replied on first post saying my PC wasnt fixed...it is now ans my XFIRE is ashholgate...add me and Ill be happy to join!!!

Arcturus
07-12-2006, 06:28 AM
Hi guys im just new to the forum , just got the game today and would like to meet up with new friends, liked the demo and the game is good,so far so good ive had no crashes and ive updated too, keep my fingers crossed well add me on xfire(just installed it)...
hope to see you guys in game sometime and ....
HAPPY GAMING !!!: :rockon:
xfire =theshardmaster

Stu
07-12-2006, 07:27 AM
Hey Guys,
I'm quite interested. I'm going to sign up on your site, and allready had a couple of you guys on XFire.

CymTyr, Ive chatted to you on XFire before hope to get to know you all more.

XFire = stumo

Cheers

EDIT: Ggggrrr, my names allready taken! Name on BLS Site is: Fluux

Lyntan
07-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Blue Lion Syndicate is an awesome name.

Cernunnos
07-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Blue Lion Syndicate is an awesome name.

Why not Red Wolf Brotherhood? :P

markvon
07-12-2006, 01:27 PM
i would be interested to join up...

Do add me in xfire: markvon

CymTyr
07-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Why not Red Wolf Brotherhood? :P

Wolves are cool, but this isn't a red outfit.

Lyntan
07-13-2006, 04:04 AM
Lions are the best animals in the world!

Doobielicious
07-13-2006, 07:59 AM
Hey folks

I'm definitely interested in this kind of a guild. I've been into mmos for the past few years but I decided to take a break from the grind and play shorter more casual games. I've been in several active guilds and spent countless hours helping out and leading raids.

Have a few questions though, do you guys plan to use Hamachi for hosting games? I live in Greece and i've had a lot more luck playing MP over VPN than through gamespy. Also, who do you plan on hosting the games? My pings really vary depending on where people are located.

I'll go register on your guild site, hope to see you online soon :headbang:

Xfire: Doobinsky

Phantom268
07-13-2006, 02:55 PM
My wife and I might be interested in a regular group to play with. I would be interested to know playing via Hamachi would be an option? I will check out the portal site. for now my xfire is phantom007

Blue Lion Syndicate
07-14-2006, 02:16 AM
***A Reminder:***

The Guild Site can be found here (http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=97519&TabID=835898)

And Our Slogan: Ascending the Throne

Ormtrod
07-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Hey sounds awesome, I haven't done much MP because of the rampant cheating and not really having a lsit of friends playing... So I would love to join a casual gaming guild. xfire = ormtrod

Razorwind
07-14-2006, 04:53 PM
WOW...nice one...your laptop must be pretty good for that...

also...I replied on first post saying my PC wasnt fixed...it is now ans my XFIRE is ashholgate...add me and Ill be happy to join!!!

Yeah, surprisingly it runs but I would have preferred to run it on my home machine instead. Hope that the next patch comes out soon to rectify the matter. I'm really beginning to jones on some real smooth and stutter free gameplay. Anyhow, what goes for a guy that does not have Xfire installed on their computer? Will I still be included in the reindeer games?

Darhian
07-15-2006, 01:06 PM
i'm interested xfire DMan2231

titanfan10110
07-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Dudes sign me up!! Xfire titanfan10110.
BTW im a total noob at xfire :knockout:

clubber
07-15-2006, 09:48 PM
ive just registered to the guild site and ive added CymTyr to xfire.
xfire - clubberxx
guild site - clubberxx

BadKarma00
07-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Sounds great. I just registered at the website. My xfire and guildsite name is badkarma0.

CymTyr
07-25-2006, 02:36 AM
Okay we'll add you in bud.

McDugen
07-25-2006, 03:14 AM
I have not read the posts here in a few days. (Way to much work). But I would love to join your guild...

My play time is EST Im usualy on from 4pm till about 7pm est..

Xfire: McDugen

Troy
07-28-2006, 12:59 AM
hey if there is more room me me me !!!
i play late nights from like 9-3

qwertyqz33
01-01-2007, 10:36 PM
I would love too ---- please put me on a message list for further news

also check out my idea for clans

try searching for "clan" or just looking at the posts that i have placed on my account info

my xfire is qwertyqz33 (do i have to dl it to use it for this purpose?)

thanks,
qwertyqz33

Krzyak
01-07-2007, 10:02 AM
This sounds like a great idea, im in ( tho stil working out the epic mode with my summoner ) but i'd still love to be in on this ( dont have xfire yet, most likely my name will be krzyak when its DL'd )

Infares
01-10-2007, 10:42 AM
I would love too ---- please put me on a message list for further news

also check out my idea for clans

try searching for "clan" or just looking at the posts that i have placed on my account info

my xfire is qwertyqz33 (do i have to dl it to use it for this purpose?)

thanks,
qwertyqz33

6 month old thread, if these guys are even still playing you'll have to contact them through xfire individually.

smokin snipes
03-02-2007, 11:08 AM
that sounds really cool im very interested in joining the guild sounds like a good idea, my xfire is smokin snipes

Devoras
03-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Sign me up. To many people i dont know... and muling is hard without IT =/
PM me with the details :)

Dev

Tokatis
03-09-2007, 06:29 PM
This is a cool idea. Been trying to figure out how to do the MP part of Titan Quest. I love playing MP games with groups of people especially in guilds. XFire name is Tokatis so drop me a line and hope to see u guys online. Also how do u add servers to the xfire list? First time using xfire for games.

Tokatis