PDA

View Full Version : In need of some opinions

KITT
07-14-2010, 05:22 AM
Hi guys,

Iím the proud owner of a lvl 61 Conqueror. Iíve reached Medeaís Grove on legendary but the game itís becoming increasingly harder, probably due to my lack of elemental resistance. AnywayÖplease take a look to my character and give me a few opinions regarding what to keep and what to change.

PS: this is my first TQ character so be nice! :P

Here are my stats: http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Conquerer&master1=5&master2=3&sa=0&m1=32-7-0-0-0-1-0-1-6-5-0-1-0-0-6-1-0-1-0-8-6-0&m2=32-6-12-8-0-8-6-0-0-12-10-0-0-6-12-6-0-0-0-6-0-0

I hope my items are visible on that small img.

lordslayer
07-14-2010, 06:00 AM
Since this is your first toon I guess you don't have that many equipment in your vaults (TQVault) so I suggest you go farm for stuff like "Ferrus Gnosi (http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=TitanQuest_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&TitanQuest_Items.id=59)", "Aionios (http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=TitanQuest_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&TitanQuest_Items.id=1529)", "Visor of the Shadowlord (http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=TitanQuest_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&TitanQuest_Items.id=269)" and possibly "Sapros the Corrupter (http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=TitanQuest_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&TitanQuest_Items.id=1505)" ... at least that's what my conqueror wears.

As to your stat points I guess I would add "Battle Awareness" tree because of "Iron Will". And instead of "Battle rage" tree I would max out "Adrenaline" tree and definitely max "Disruption" to hit more targets.

Hope this helps a bit...

Almost forgot .. try to find "Pendant of Immortal Rage (http://www.gamebanshee.com/cgi-bin/search/banshee_search.pl?_layout=TitanQuest_Items_Page&_cgifunction=search&TitanQuest_Items.id=797)" to get those DPS of yours a bit higher...

pinguin
07-14-2010, 06:04 AM
First of all, go farm the gorgon sisters for Legendary SBC. They'll give way more armor and +3 to skills. I would really lower the points in the BR tree. It won't be up all the time, it doesn't last very long and the skills in it also have their own % of chance to activate, so all in all, you put a lot of points that you won't be using for quite a bit of the time.
1 point in Colossus form has kept me going up until Legendary Act II now, so I don't know if 8 points are really needed. If you think they are, no problem, you can take them out for getting through the act and put the points in it again when you reach a boss.
Put 1 point in BA, then boost Focus to get more shield block. You can also get Iron Will to boost your stun resist.
Armor Handling can help you with further mitigation of physical damage.
Another option is to get War Horn to stop the enemies from hitting you.
I can't read most of the stats on your gear, but keep in mind that a good green with a good relic can be better than a blue or purple item.

KITT
07-14-2010, 06:18 AM
Thanks for your answers guys…I’ll go farm rite away.
After reading your answers I’ve came up with the following question: What the hell is TQvault?...beside that valult in the city of the dead…witch is probably not related anyway.
PS: forgot to mention…the character is 100% clean…I mean with no outside help of any kind.

pinguin
07-14-2010, 06:29 AM
TQVault is a muling program which allows you to store your loot in an unlimited amount of vaults you can name. It can also be used to duplicate items or complete relics, but mainly it's used as storage.
Kinda like ATMA for D2 if you ever used that.

Fuentes
07-14-2010, 06:39 AM
Well like the posts above get better equipment but about your skills...I see you maxed out the entire Battle Rage tree.It's not that good.Most people put only 1 point in Battle rage(because of +50% offensive ability) and 0 points in Crushing Blow(not so good) and Counter Attack(not so good).I would use all the points from Crushing Blow and Counter Attack and 11 points from Battle Rage(1 point invested is enough) and use those points in Batter tree and Shield Charge tree!
The rest is OK

KITT
07-14-2010, 06:40 AM
TQVault is a muling program which allows you to store your loot in an unlimited amount of vaults you can name. It can also be used to duplicate items or complete relics, but mainly it's used as storage.
Kinda like ATMA for D2 if you ever used that.

Wooow….niceee…

Can you help me with a link so I can download’ it and a few base line how to intal (if it’s unusual) / use it?....hope that I’m not asking for much.

PS: I could find’ it myself but I rather go with a recommended one so I will not crash my game (that will not be the first time and its not pleasant at all).

KITT
07-14-2010, 06:44 AM
Well like the posts above get better equipment but about your skills...I see you maxed out the entire Battle Rage tree.It's not that good.Most people put only 1 point in Battle rage(because of +50% offensive ability) and 0 points in Crushing Blow(not so good) and Counter Attack(not so good).I would use all the points from Crushing Blow and Counter Attack and 11 points from Battle Rage(1 point invested is enough) and use those points in Batter tree and Shield Charge tree!
The rest is OK

I see…the base idea was not to have access to all the skills, but to those witch make a difference and help me to crush and burn (it’s easier to operate lesser active skills in a close combat…at least for me it is). Anyway thanks for the help!

Galefury
07-14-2010, 08:50 AM
Switch out everything but Adroit Loop. The artifact is okay too. It shouldn't take that long to find something better for the other slots, farm the Hydra or legendary Secret Passage for a while. Hydra is fairly easy for Conquerer (Battle Standard + Colossus = dead Hydra), and when you get stronger you can use Colossus to increase your movespeed to cut the run time a bit. Don't try to find specific items like Sapros and Pendant of Immortal Rage, that will take way too long. Just get a bunch of upgrades because your current gear really sucks.

For skills I would probably do something like this (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Conquerer&master1=5&master2=3&sa=17&m1=32-1-1-1-1-1-1-8-6-6-6-1-1-1-6-8-6-6-1-8-6-0-0&m2=32-6-1-8-0-8-6-0-0-1-10-0-0-6-0-6-0-0-0-6-0-0-0). The main things to consider about skills is that Battle Rage is mostly useless while Quick Recovery combined with high shield block makes you nearly invincible. So shift those points from Battle Rage over that way. Also Concussive Blow is not very good unless you use it to amplify other stunning skills like War Horn. IMO drop it to 1. Also Iron Will really helps and Rally is nice for a quick resistance boost. If you don't like having a lot of active skills at least keep Shield Charge, Quick Recovery, Battle Standard and Colossus. Also note that Triumph doesn't work without the fan patch. The fan patch also fixes lots of other things, so install if if you haven't.

Edit: correction: relic --> artifact

KITT
07-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Switch out everything but Adroit Loop. The relic is okay too. It shouldn't take that long to find something better for the other slots, farm the Hydra or legendary Secret Passage for a while. Hydra is fairly easy for Conquerer (Battle Standard + Colossus = dead Hydra), and when you get stronger you can use Colossus to increase your movespeed to cut the run time a bit. Don't try to find specific items like Sapros and Pendant of Immortal Rage, that will take way too long. Just get a bunch of upgrades because your current gear really sucks.

For skills I would probably do something like this (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Conquerer&master1=5&master2=3&sa=17&m1=32-1-1-1-1-1-1-8-6-6-6-1-1-1-6-8-6-6-1-8-6-0-0&m2=32-6-1-8-0-8-6-0-0-1-10-0-0-6-0-6-0-0-0-6-0-0-0). The main things to consider about skills is that Battle Rage is mostly useless while Quick Recovery combined with high shield block makes you nearly invincible. So shift those points from Battle Rage over that way. Also Concussive Blow is not very good unless you use it to amplify other stunning skills like War Horn. IMO drop it to 1. Also Iron Will really helps and Rally is nice for a quick resistance boost. If you don't like having a lot of active skills at least keep Shield Charge, Quick Recovery, Battle Standard and Colossus. Also note that Triumph doesn't work without the fan patch. The fan patch also fixes lots of other things, so install if if you haven't.

Got it, got it...and got it!...I'll see about shifting the skill points but for now I'll start farming for some better items (as you said mine sucks) but i think it will take a wile...considering that after about 140 hours i ended up dressed like this...but well, no pain no glory. Thanks for the advices!

lordslayer
07-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Here (http://www.soulseekkor.com/apps/tqdefiler/downloads/TQVault.zip)'s the link for the latest TQVault..

Buy4now
07-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Wow, lots of ideas on this thread. I'll just add a couple things.

Gear:
Definitely get the Legendary version of the SBCs, as mentioned above. I'd replace the head gear with a Hallowed Helm (Gorgon Queens drop them)... it'll give you +1 to skills, but almost as important -- it'll give you +50% vitality damage resistance. Your current level of vitality resistance is way too low for any Act 4, especially Legendary.

Skills:
I'll put a plug in for maxing out your War Horn... you've got Adroit Loop, Triumph, and Concussive Blow -- the triple-threat needed for stun locking. Trash mobs in Legendary will have a 30% resistance to it, but Triumph will cut it in half. If you have other resistance reducing gear/relics... bonus! If you like the stun dynamic for this build, I'd suggest maxxing out Concussive Blow as well. With Legendary SBC and Hallowed Helm, you'll have tons of points to throw around your skill tree, so you'll be able to follow the builds above and still get max Stun Horn and Concussive Blow.

Just make sure you've downloaded the fanpatch 1.17, otherwise Triumph will be useless.

Galefury
07-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Some more on equipment upgrades: try to get a lot more defensive ability (more than 1000). Also try to get some chance to avoid projectiles. Veteran's chest armor (green, can be found in stores) is very good for both. Also shop for a better weapon in Act 4. Try to get something with a nice green prefix like Veteran's, but pretty much anything decent will do. Remember that you can try on the weapon to check the new dps, then sell it back for the original price. Just don't leave the store screen. The only problem is that you cant put a relic into it before trying it on.

Legendary Stonebinder's Cuffs are excellent, try to get them. The only thing that compares are Conqueror's Bracers, which are a lot more rare. The Hallowed helm is a good idea too.

Also try to get a Ritual amulet from a shop. It reduces damage from demons which is an extremely powerful bonus in act 4. If you want to go crazy socket it with a Tortured Soul with Ritual completion bonus for even more demon resistance, but that can be a little hard to find.

KITT
07-15-2010, 02:15 AM
I've managed to find legendary SBC, and a few other items (farming Hidra) that boosted my resistances almost to a full 80%...I've got the Hallowed helm in my stash but if i've put it on me my resistances will drop.

KITT
07-15-2010, 02:20 AM

this is the helm I'm using for the time been. I'm trying to find a decent pair of boots (I've got Athena's Battle Greaves....how good are they?) and to fix my pierce res. Still farming for the moment. Thanks for the suggestions, i depreciate all the help!

Irma2
07-15-2010, 04:05 AM
Heh, you will not find better boots than Athena's. There are better ones if you're looking for something very specific. For eg, Batrachos Greaves will give you tons of +%DA. But, as a general purpose set of greaves, Athena's is tops.

KITT
07-15-2010, 04:52 AM
Heh, you will not find better boots than Athena's. There are better ones if you're looking for something very specific. For eg, Batrachos Greaves will give you tons of +%DA. But, as a general purpose set of greaves, Athena's is tops.

this a the type of intel that i like to hear! thanks a lot mate!...long live Hidra....after i kill her again!

I'll get back with a new updated version of my character today...for some feedback on the direction i'm going with my gear.

Buy4now
07-15-2010, 07:36 AM
I recommend you break the Crystal of Erebus off the helm you have and socket it on the Hallowed Helm... your vitality resistance will max out to a very nice 80%.

Edit:

Thanks for the suggestions, i depreciate all the help!

LOL, I think we know what you meant :)

KITT
07-15-2010, 07:59 AM
I recommend you break the Crystal of Erebus off the helm you have and socket it on the Hallowed Helm... your vitality resistance will max out to a very nice 80%.

Edit:

LOL, I think we know what you meant :)

I've managed to find a few items (all show you gays later today) that rend Crystal of Erebus + my actual helm completely useless. I think i'll go for the Hallowed Helm (that will max by itself my vitality resistance) with some pierce resistance (its the lowest 31%). I'll let you know as soon as i'll decide.

Bonus Question: If i make use of TQ Vault's quality of multiplying objects (i'm thinking charms and relics) what side effects i can expect in the future...is it a price to pay for cheating? :D

Buy4now
07-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Bonus Question: If i make use of TQ Vault's quality of multiplying objects (i'm thinking charms and relics) what side effects i can expect in the future...is it a price to pay for cheating?

Karmic retribution is built into the gaming code... Toxeus will hunt you down and kill you where you stand if you use TQ Vault to copy items... ok, not really :)
The notion of "cheating" varies from player to player... if you're ok with it, that's all that matters. Occasionally, someone will come on the forums and "show off" their toon that might have had help from mods... but I'm sure that doesn't happen very often :0 hopefully....

KITT
07-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Still need some advice guys!

For a Haruspex...what skills do you think is better to "attack" in may skill tree. Preferably use TitanCalc...but well...anything works if it works. THX!

lordslayer
07-17-2010, 11:29 AM
I would go for something like this (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Haruspex&master1=7&master2=9&sa=0&m1=32-0-0-6-0-12-6-0-8-0-0-8-0-0-8-10-1-0-6-0-6-0&m2=32-0-0-0-12-8-12-6-0-0-8-0-0-0-0-12-6-0-0-0-12-0)...

Firstly I would suggest you use spear and shield, because of all the piercing damage you get from your masteries.

Trance of Empathy will reflect lots of damage, so your enemies will die of their own hand :D
Put Psionic Touch on your LMB and Phantom strike on your RMB
Art of the hunt and Study Prey are your primary attack skills, so try to max them.

KITT
07-17-2010, 12:37 PM
I would go for something like this (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Haruspex&master1=7&master2=9&sa=0&m1=32-0-0-6-0-12-6-0-8-0-0-8-0-0-8-10-1-0-6-0-6-0&m2=32-0-0-0-12-8-12-6-0-0-8-0-0-0-0-12-6-0-0-0-12-0)...

Firstly I would suggest you use spear and shield, because of all the piercing damage you get from your masteries.

Trance of Empathy will reflect lots of damage, so your enemies will die of their own hand :D
Put Psionic Touch on your LMB and Phantom strike on your RMB
Art of the hunt and Study Prey are your primary attack skills, so try to max them.

Thanks a lot mate!...i'm realy grad that you took the time to respond...i probably worked my but of like hell using a bunch of inappropriate skills before figuring out witch is best.

lordslayer
07-18-2010, 06:04 AM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot... Get your defensive ability as high as possible, preferably 1500 and more, so that you won't have problems with melee crowds...

KITT
07-21-2010, 09:04 AM
I've managed to find a pair of boots...that i think beats Atena's...m I right?...how good are they?

Neonimus
07-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Haha, you indeed managed to find some boots that are close to Athena's Battlegreaves. There are only a couple of obvious difference between them which make these less or perhaps more suiting for your character.

To name the pro's of each pair of boots:
- Athena's Battlegreaves have more armour, fire resistance 54%, poison resistance (57% or more), more movement (32% i.c.w. 11%), grand more +% damage (24% or more) and give also health [6 pro's]
- Buccaneers Booties have lightning resistance (70% or more), more cold resistance and more + defensive ability [3 pro's]

In my opinion the pro's of Athena's Battlegreaves are still more valuable than those of Buccaneers Booties since you can gain additional lightning/cold resistance and defensive via armour, shields or jewellery or just by leveling up and putting attribute points in dexterity (if I remember correct).

KITT
07-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Haha, you indeed managed to find some boots that are close to Athena's Battlegreaves. There are only a couple of obvious difference between them which make these less or perhaps more suiting for your character.

To name the pro's of each pair of boots:
- Athena's Battlegreaves have more armour, fire resistance 54%, poison resistance (57% or more), more movement (32% i.c.w. 11%), grand more +% damage (24% or more) and give also health [6 pro's]
- Buccaneers Booties have lightning resistance (70% or more), more cold resistance and more + defensive ability [3 pro's]

In my opinion the pro's of Athena's Battlegreaves are still more valuable than those of Buccaneers Booties since you can gain additional lightning/cold resistance and defensive via armour, shields or jewellery or just by leveling up and putting attribute points in dexterity (if I remember correct).

Mannn...you do know what you are talking about...thx mate for the intel!

PS: I'm curious why the game is not letting me sell thous Buccaneers Booties...they are not quest item!...strange indeed!

Neonimus
07-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Mannn...you do know what you are talking about...thx mate for the intel!

PS: I'm curious why the game is not letting me sell thous Buccaneers Booties...they are not quest item!...strange indeed!

Are you being sarcastic!? Cause yes, I know I only said exactly what the descriptions says.

Otherwise if your not sarcastic: you're welcome, but there are a lot of people on this forum who know far more than I do: Irma 2 for example. The only thing I have decent experience with is training my characters to high levels in normal, making gold and raising resistances.

About Buccaneers Booties: they are part of a special itemset which can only be found in the secret passage if I'm correct again. And they can grand the player to use some hilarious skills. There are four sets that I know of which can be found there. Also you can find some funny weapons like for example the weapon: *.

KITT
07-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Are you being sarcastic!? Cause yes, I know I only said exactly what the descriptions says.

Otherwise if your not sarcastic: you're welcome, but there are a lot of people on this forum who know far more than I do: Irma 2 for example. The only thing I have decent experience with is training my characters to high levels in normal, making gold and raising resistances.

About Buccaneers Booties: they are part of a special itemset which can only be found in the secret passage if I'm correct again. And they can grand the player to use some hilarious skills. There are four sets that I know of which can be found there. Also you can find some funny weapons like for example the weapon: *.

NO..,I wasn't sarcastic...I've just appreciated the firm answer...to be honest i can read to...but it's not about that...its about knowing what the game can offer you (in general) that grants you the ability to understand the quality of everything that drop's! I'm not "robbing you" in any kind...just making a point. THX for the extra intel! BTW ...i already got the * item....what the hell is that?...how the hell can i use'it? :D

Neonimus
07-22-2010, 03:37 AM
NO..,I wasn't sarcastic...I've just appreciated the firm answer...to be honest i can read to...but it's not about that...its about knowing what the game can offer you (in general) that grants you the ability to understand the quality of everything that drop's! I'm not "robbing you" in any kind...just making a point. THX for the extra intel! BTW ...i already got the * item....what the hell is that?...how the hell can i use'it? :D

Ah ok, sorry for my reaction then. I was a bit tired when I read your post.

Well, I have been playing the game for quite a while now (mostly in normal) and I've found and seen quite some items. Not all of them (not even close) but many items. Also I've discusses the game with a friend of mine and the last year with my girlfriend. Together we talked for instance about the buccaneers set and other items we found.

About the *-item: Its a weapon which has the same properties as a staff meaning it takes 2 weapon/shield spots. Often it is categorised as one example for a twinking character (using advanced items with a new character) and it can do reasonable damage in comparison with the weapons in the beginning. Besides that it also has a skill which in my memories can be applied to the left mouse button. Using this skill will make you hurl snowballs either in the direction your looking at or two to your left and right and one forward. Don't know exactly at the moment.

KITT
07-22-2010, 07:11 AM
No need for apologizing...I know you ware well intended!...Chere up mate!

To be honest i too got a little bit crazy about this game...I even tried a making a local network with my wife (i passed out years ago Diablo II pathogen and never got immune...just like me) but her laptop was below expectations and the game never worked...may be I'll by her a new desktop for Christmas...BTW what country are you from?...I'm +2 zone and I think we are not so far.

Thanks for the intel on *-item...very strange indeed.

Neonimus
07-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Aha, nice :) I think she (and you too) will like playing and discussing games with you again. I sure like it when I discuss and laugh about certain encounters in games with my girlfriend and so does she. Very special since a lot of females aren't that much into computergames.

To answer your question: I live in The Netherlands.

And of course you're welcome about the *-item. Always nice to be of any help to another player of TQ :p