PDA

View Full Version : Ring of Flame and Damage Converted to Health question

PestWulf
05-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Hello,

I've forum searched for an answer to this but am unable to find it, hoping someone can answer this.

Do you get health gains with DCTH gear while running ring of flame? Assuming the mob is not 100% resistant or immune?

I know DCTH doesn't work with DOT's and I know that DCTH does work with the AE component of things like Phantom Strike. So I'm curious where the pulsing AE of Ring of Flame falls into this, if anyone knows?

Thanks, and good to see there is still some interest in this game after all this time :) I look forward to trying out the successor they are creating, though it's a shame it's going to come out about when Diablo 3 does. My guess is it won't get the recognition it will likely deserve.

-PestWulf

Irma2
05-25-2010, 11:49 AM
ADCtH does not work with spells or auras. The reason it works on Phantom Strike is because PS uses your weapon to attack.

ASYLUM101
05-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Yeah, like Irma said, it doesn't work on spells, only if they use your weapon as an attack basis. (ternion, shield charge, warwind, etc. )

Thanks, and good to see there is still some interest in this game after all this time :) I look forward to trying out the successor they are creating, though it's a shame it's going to come out about when Diablo 3 does. My guess is it won't get the recognition it will likely deserve.

-PestWulf

If you're talking about Grim Dawn, chances are it'll be done quite a bit earlier than D3. D3 has no ETA yet (like all blizz games), has a HUGE pair of shoes to fill, and blizzard like to take their sweet time on their stuff. Considering we have hardly anything revealed, I wouldn't doubt the release is somewhere around late 2011 or even 2012. GD devs say they expect to be in alpha stage by this year's end, if not next year's beginning.

PestWulf
05-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the info!

It would be nice if GD came out sooner, I've browsed the trailers for D3 and am very happy with what I see there, but I really like how the Iron Lore developers did with TQ. I'm also very much wanting to see how a game made without a producer does since producing companies tend to be a huge factor in the loss of quality in software these days.