PDA

View Full Version : Ok ... what is this! :)

Anna
05-07-2010, 06:02 AM
Hello

Now we are talking about a noobie...and that means a noobie....to be honest i havnt even download the game yet :) ( now u understand were i stand in the game right now ) ok...tell me ...what is the easiest char to start with ?

Anna

koldFUSiON
05-07-2010, 07:47 AM
to be honest i havnt even download the game yet :) ( now u understand were i stand in the game right now )

Hallo

Are you downloading Titan Quest (The Core/Default) or both Titan Quest and Immortal Throne (The Expansion to Titan Quest)? If I have that info I'll be able to help you! :)

Best Regards,
koldFUSiON

Anna
05-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the reply:)

I dont have the expansion yet. Sitting at work and cant wait to get home to see how Titan Quest is . I have download it from metaboli over the day :) The thing is that I hated to play games before i starets to play wow ..( i was the bitch that was complaining that the exhusband played games and didnt clean the house :).so the only games i have been playing so far is wow (for to many years ) and oblivion and NW . So we are talking about basic stuff here ...just so u know :)

Anna

Buy4now
05-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Just thought I'd jump in with my suggestions as well... Welcome to the best non-MMO game ever!! A recovering WoW player like me... nice. Ultimately, a good starting class combo will depend on your desired playstyle (melee vs. staff vs. bow vs. pet). There are several good melee class combos... a warden (hunter/defense) and conqueror (warfare/defense) are good melee classes. Ranger (hunter/nature) is a good blend of bow/spear and pets (the closest thing to a hunter from WoW). Conjurer (fire/spirit) is a good blend of mage and pets. There are more good ones, but I'd suggest avoiding the "hybrid" builds at first (intelligent/mage classes combined with strength/melee classes), they can be very gear dependent and might not show their vulnerability until later in the game... after you've spent a lot of time on them (I've got several on my virtual scrap heap). If you plan to get the expansion or TQVault, hybrids will become more playable with all the uber items you can share between characters. If you suffer from a bad case of alt-itis like me, you'll have fun trying out a lot of builds :)

Anna
05-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the reply:)

I like to have tank and spank char...:) more spank to be honest :)

Shrimp
05-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Then I think something like a Conqueror or Warden would suit you. I don't know aboutt he Warden, but from my experience Conquerors tend to be rpetty gear dependant though, and are late bloomers. Might be because I messed up my skill distribution though. Both classes are really solid choices, Warden being maybe a little more straightforward and beginner-friendly.

If you want to be more on the spanking side, then anything involving Warfare would be good too. Warfare alone could take you pretty far in the game to be honest, but since you're a new player I would recommend taking a second mastery as soon as possible.

Boneflesh
05-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Then I think something like a Conqueror or Warden would suit you. I don't know aboutt he Warden, but from my experience Conquerors tend to be rpetty gear dependant though, and are late bloomers. Might be because I messed up my skill distribution though. Both classes are really solid choices, Warden being maybe a little more straightforward and beginner-friendly.

If you want to be more on the spanking side, then anything involving Warfare would be good too. Warfare alone could take you pretty far in the game to be honest, but since you're a new player I would recommend taking a second mastery as soon as possible.

I'd actually say it's the other way around. Conqueror's a lot easier to play, with a lot less micromanagement, especially early game. Warden's all about pierce damage, which requires a more specialized gear then a conqueror would use. Warden's not a beginner-friendly or simple class. :P

Buy4now
05-07-2010, 03:39 PM
The hunter builds usually require more button mashing to get the most out of them with Study Prey, Call of the Hunt, and Take Down. Conquerors do seem to be more playable with one hand. You can play 99% of the game with the mouse in one hand and a ham sandwhich in the other as a Conqueror (I'm going to get flamed by the Conqueror community for that one, yikes). If you roll a Conqueror, then you'll wish you had a warden when your first "of the Glade" piece of gear falls. If you roll a Warden, then you'll wish you had a conqueror when Aegis of Laconia falls (I still think there is a ghost in the machine that makes drops fall for the opposite character type that you are). Solution... roll them both hehe.

Just a side note... if you roll a warfare or spirit build, be sure to download the fanpatch so Triumph and Ravages of Time work for you. I played a Spellbreaker before a fanpatch ever existed and didn't realize how gimped I was... I think I'll role him again.

If you really liked the tanking roll in WoW, then I'd suggest a Spellbinder (Spirit/Defense). I played one through Epic pre-IT (so no act 4 or artifacts) and was impressed by its survivability... just took a long time to kill stuff. I never got the Lich King very far along, but I would imagine the combination of Death Chill Aura reducing enemy resistances with the Lich King for ranged assistance would get quite formidable.

Anna
05-08-2010, 03:31 AM
I needed to download the game again over the night ...so here we go...yihaaaa time to start :)

koldFUSiON
05-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Alright then... If you are still a beginner to the game without any expansion (without Immortal Throne), I'd recommend a Conqueror and/or Warden. I started with a Battlemage, which did pretty well through normal and epic, but suffers in legendary mode.

For the Conqueror: http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Conquerer&master1=5&master2=3&sa=15&m1=32-0-1-1-6-1-1-0-6-6-6-1-1-1-6-8-6-6-12-1-6-0&m2=32-6-1-8-0-6-6-1-0-1-1-0-0-0-0-6-0-0-0-6-15-0

For the Warden: http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Warden&master1=7&master2=5&sa=15&m1=32-0-1-6-0-12-6-0-8-0-1-8-0-0-8-10-1-0-0-0-6-0&m2=32-0-1-1-6-1-1-0-6-6-6-1-1-1-6-8-6-6-12-1-6-0

For the Battlemage: http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Battlemage&master1=1&master2=3&sa=0&m1=32-12-0-8-1-0-0-1-15-0-1-8-0-0-0-1-0-0-12-8-12-0&m2=32-6-1-8-0-6-6-1-0-1-1-0-0-0-0-6-0-0-0-6-15-0

Hope it helps!!!!

Enjoy!!!!

Best Regards,
koldFUSiON

Anna
05-08-2010, 07:51 AM
The result for today...

Lvl 7 and I have been killed 37 times :)

CrocMagnum
05-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Good Grief 37 deaths? Darn! I'm beaten. That's a Guinness Book Record, mate! :D

The Croc says read this:

- Noob guide: http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/15927-Tips-and-advice-for-newbies

- Skill guide: http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/25662-Poinas-Guide-for-All-Skills

After this good read things will go smoothly, believe me. :cool:

Anna
05-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Thank you for the support :)

Erthan
05-15-2010, 04:59 AM
I know a quite good newbie mastery if you don't like to die so often. I've started a Hunter and I made it to Sparta on normal without dying a single time. I've even killed the Centaur Chieften with 0 deaths.