PDA

View Full Version : Crash to Desktop?

Munderbunny
05-03-2010, 05:25 PM
If you've had a crash to desktop trying to explore one of the new areas, please let me know where you had the crash and what mods you have running (this can include xmax or defiler drop mods, etc.).

Also, let me know how long you were playing before you got the crash, and if you were running through an area in which you had previously died (if you remember).

Thanks.

vletr
05-03-2010, 05:39 PM
I have had the game crash (every time) in the bloodborn cave, just beyond the giant ethereal satyr magi boss. You go down the stairs and the first monster you meet has a distortion wave like skill (slower and yellowish), as soon as that skill is cast, just after the animation of that skill is complete the game crashes. When I run straight by them the game does not crash, but sooner or later some similar monster will trigger that skill, which means crash to desktop.

I have:
- A crappy dualboot macbook with onboard graphics (intel GMA, hence crappy), but found some tricks to get the game running where it is enjoyable gameplay, not graphics.
- I run TQdefiler with the following mod: show all damage, pet damage, show all affixes, turn day/night off, toggle item pickup.

Hopefully this is helpful for you Munderbunny, though I think it's likely a hardware issue and I should buy some secondhand desktop with a semi decent graphics card just to play this wonderful game or upgrade to MB pro.

Munderbunny
05-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Well, it's interesting. There was a spot in Lilith that my ex-gf's comp used to crash on 100% of the time. I went through on my comp and killed all the monsters, and she stopped crashing. It was those giant moose dudes. Whenever they shot that poison dart radius attack she crashed.

Could be system specific, but I'll try and reproduce it anyway.

vletr
08-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Game crashes on the exact same spot with my new macbook pro. Specs: i7, 8gb RAM, 256mb onboard gpu +512 mb dedicated GPU (which activates during gaming). Will try with lower graphics settings.....

vletr
08-11-2010, 06:34 PM
It is sound related. The Reaver DW skill triggers a sound lock up, where the sound of the skill keeps repeating. If a nearby reaver does the same skill, crash......

I'm playing 1.4RC.

EDIT: sound related issue already confirmed, posted in changelog 1.4 RC test thread.

Munderbunny
08-11-2010, 08:22 PM
<3

4char