View Full Version : About Dual Wielding
04-30-2010, 06:56 PM
I have played Underlord for a couple of days now, but there has been one thing that's been on my mind for a while. Something that's been bugging me, but I do not have the patiance to try it out, only to get disappointed.
Both the Occultist and Warfare tree has passives that grants Dual Wield. The Warfare one goes up to 22%'s activate chance. And I have no idea about the Occultist's. Might be the same, never tried.
I have scanned the forum for something about this, but I didn't find anything, so maybe I wasn't paying attention enough?
Does the Occultist's and Warfare's Dual Wield stack? Like, if both gives 22%, does the total end at 44% chance? Or is it 22% chance times two(Not exactly the same thing as the first. Imagine if having one dice with 12 numbers, and two dices with 6 numbers).
Thanks to the person that can help me.
04-30-2010, 09:22 PM
looks like you failed at searching:
05-01-2010, 01:41 AM
When you are granted dual wield with Occult or Warfare there is a passive 20% chance to strike twice, 40% to strike with only left and 40% chance to strike with right. Now, as far as I understand it, first the chance to proc either dual wield or blade mastery is decided. Meaning, yes if you have a 22% for each then essentially you have a 44% to proc the dual wield animation from one of the skills. But, they technically don't add up, they are rolled seperate, so if you don't proc dual wield then you have a chance to proc blade mastery, then if you don't there is still the 20% passive chance to proc a dual strike (slower animation than either skill.) Hope that makes some sense, I'm a little drinking.
05-01-2010, 05:37 AM
I did look at that thread, but it didn't explain it as much as I wanted it to. It left me insecure, as it only said that its animation was slower than Warfare's Dual Wield.
Thanks so much for your answer! Really appreciate it. Now I know how it works, and I can start building my character without the risk of both not working together.
05-01-2010, 05:54 AM
Yeah, basically Blade Mastery just allows you to equip two weapons, but doesn't give you a special attack. The dual-wield attack there is just a regular attack, just like when you are only have 1 weapon equipped, you have 2 different attack animations. While dual-wielding you have 3 different basic attack animations, one of which swings both weapons.
05-04-2010, 12:53 AM
To summarize this:
Both Dual Wield from Warfare and Blade Mastery from Occult give a passive 20% chance of a dual hit animation to trigger. The other 80% is split in two for a single left or right hand attack. Now, I believe that first a roll is made to decide whether a passive weapon attack will trigger (meaning the dual wield line minus parry of course) and if that roll fails, then a roll is made to decide whether the left or right hand attack alone (40% chance each) or the 20% dual hit animation.
As Blade Mastery doesn't give a chance for a special animation like Dual Wield does, but instead passive bonuses it provides a flat 20% chance to proc a dual strike. Dual Wield first gives it's 22% chance (at lvl 6/6) to proc a dual strike, then the same flat 20% chance Blade Mastery provides to proc a dual strike, essentially providing a 42% chance for a dual strike (not taking into consideration the other dual wield skills proc chances.)
Hope that makes more sense as I was sober this time hehe...
Also, the passive 20% chance for a dual strike from dual wield and blade mastery are the same, meaning if you have both then you don't get a 40% chance, you get a 20% chance plus the activation chance of dual wield's current level. So at level 6/6 Dual Wield with Blade Mastery also, you don't get a 62% chance, but a 42% chance for a dual strike.
05-04-2010, 08:09 AM
Funny how such a simple thing ends up being so complicated to explain.
PMFJI, but I have also a question about "Blade Mastery".
If I use a bow/staff/..., did I get the values from this skill for this weapons, or only with Sword/Dagger?
01-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.