PDA

View Full Version : Playing underlord and Paths at the same time

Valentir
02-15-2010, 05:00 AM
Greetings!

I have Underlord installed, and now I installed Paths too so I can try that out too.
However, I never rollbacked my Database and Resource folder so I'm technically playing both at the same time. No issues so far, I'm just wondering if there will be any :)

Igniz12000
02-15-2010, 05:26 AM
Hmm Id like to know this too. I had a similar issue but with less productive results. I tried to use allskins 0.8 with UL but I ended up messing the whole masteries section up and had to use re-install and use TQdefiler to bring my toon back from the brink. It seems to me that for 2 or more mods to work things need to be done with the mods themselves. Loading mods on top of one another is obviously not the right way to do it but the OP seems to contradict that.

ShadowLAnce
02-16-2010, 11:37 AM
I don't think there will be any problems. Since underlord is right in the database, Paths is being layered over the top. I played Underlord-Paths for awhile, but I prefer one or the other :D Munder did great things to the original masteries and it'd be a shame play Underlord and not use them.

Kress
05-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Hi!
I was wondering if it was possible to merge Uberlord(underlord+ubermod) with paths in a way that paths overwrites ONLY the skill/attribute stuff but not the actual spawn rate of the monsters and act bosses and their strength. So in other words, I need paths to be functioning only as if it was a mastery mod, changing skill, attribute effect...etc. but leaves other aspects of the game alone.

konfeta
05-15-2011, 12:53 AM
I think it is possible. But it takes legwork. You would have to follow the tutorials in the modding section (Art Manager), extract the relevant files from a Paths database and build them into the your underlord + ubermod installation.

I don't know if you have to bring over the mastery text descriptions and UI alterations the same way or by somehow merging or replacing files outside of art manager.

Munderbunny
05-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Yeah, you'd have to do it with the art manager, but keep in mind items that drop will give bonuses to the wrong skills, and the difficulty itself has been balanced against monster difficulty, so if you're playing Paths, you'll probably get by better using all of Paths, not just the skills.

duckets
05-19-2011, 11:26 PM
I actually tried this and noticed a few discrepencies awhile back. I believe some monster infrequents spawn with the vanilla requirements instead of Paths requirements.