PDA

View Full Version : Underlord to Paths

mrfreckle
01-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Been reading about the different masteries in Paths and I am very impressed with all the new abilities and changes.

Currently playing Underlord and I was wondering if anyone knew how to switch from Underlord to Paths and back again. I am able to switch back to Vanilla TQ from Underlord with some awesome batch files posted in the Underlord forums.

If I keep my Underlord resource/database folders would I be able to simply switch those out from Paths? And vice versa?

Munderbunny
01-22-2010, 12:53 PM
You can actually play both. ^^

There's an uninstall batch file set by Asylum in the utilities sticky. You can modify it to switch to the Paths theme as well.

mrfreckle
01-22-2010, 01:17 PM
Sweet! I was hoping it would be that easy.:cool:

Underlord has become the replacement for vanilla TQ and I'm guessing Paths will be a whole new bag of cats to play with.

ShadowLAnce
01-22-2010, 08:12 PM
Er, what he said :)

mrfreckle
01-22-2010, 11:19 PM
It has been easy to switch from Vanilla to Underlord and back again. But I cannot get Paths to install properly over Vanilla. Is Paths Steam compatible?

Installation instructions seem vague. Is paths always a custommap over vanilla? Or does it replace database/resources and not require a custommap? Or both?

Ok problem solved. Neither the resources application or difficulty (database) application gave itself a folder name. So in custommaps/paths I have the resources folder with of course the resources installation inside. Also, a database folder with paths.arz from the difficulty chosen. In the immortal throne directory the vanilla TQ (with fanpatch) database and resources folders.

ShadowLAnce
01-23-2010, 07:36 AM
I'm not sure what to say, it's just a custom map you load. Install being the same as any custom map mod, you pop it in the my documents/mygames/ titan quest immortal throne/ custom maps folder.

As for the .exe installers, I tested them all individually before i uploaded and they all created the proper folders themselves.

In any case, glad it's resolved

Munderbunny
01-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Shadow, off-topic--what did you use to create your installers? Yerky's been looking for new software to use to create Underlord and Fanpatch installers, because what he was using before sUcked.

ShadowLAnce
01-23-2010, 07:48 PM
I used WinRar. You act like you're going to just archive a bunch of stuff, but then you check "create SFX file" or something, and it will change the file format to .exe. Then in the advanced tab you can set it up as an installer, what folder to install to, etc. It's not very sophisticated so you really cant specify where to install each file, but I used one installer to extract to 'database', and one to extract to 'resources'. So you could do the same I'm sure.

I mainly used it because most other installers require scripting :knockout:

Munderbunny
01-23-2010, 09:06 PM
That's clever. I'll look into it. Thanks.