PDA

View Full Version : A Soldier's Journal

Zemekus
12-03-2009, 06:48 PM
I've started a story, and it follows a created character. It begins with the first area(in Helos) then leads to the end in Hades.

So far I've made it to Egypt, But here is a small excerpt:

Day One:
Today I arrived to my destination; I was to report to the captain of the guard in the village of Helos. I had boarded the boat at the cycle of Apollo’s journey. I was still fairly weary as I stepped onto the gangway, but I arrived to where to my new life.
I saw a middle age peasant cowering a small fishing shack near the dock, I decided now was my time to move on. As I approached the man, he quickly fell to his knees before me. “Sir, why have you fallen? I am a mere mortal; here to take upon the task given to me by the gods.” “You there soldier; if you have arrived here for salvation, or perhaps a new life. You will not find it here in Helos; the town has been overrun with Satyrs. The town guard is being relentlessly battered, and killed. Here take this knife, go forth and assist us. Please.” I was a little taken back by this forwardness, and desperation. I decided that, if I was the one to be called upon the handle such a task, that it was Zeus, and the gods’ will. “Sir, I would ask that you continue to hide in this shack, until the town has been successfully saved.” “Ok yes, thank you. Thank you!”
It was already a horrific day, but I mustn’t complain; for I have been given the opportunity to serve the God King Zeus. I continued the run up the path, when a farmer came sprinting towards me. “You must have been sent by the Gods! Please they’re killing my horse, you must stop them.” “Wait here; I’ll retrieve your horse.” I went through a wooden gate, and into a wheat field. When I approached the field’s center, the farmers horse cam galloping past me, and out the gate. However, there were three small, beast-like creatures following it. “These must be the satyrs.” They were armed with Copper axes, and an Iron knife. They growled at me, and began taking swings at me; I dodged them and lunged towards them, I slashed at the first one, and pierced his neck, and cut up through his fragile skull. The other two watched in horror as their companion fell into a dead heap in front them. They went crazy, and began taking wild slashes towards my face, and chest. I managed the dodge the face shots, but I was cut across the chest, but it wasn’t deep. But I was cut, I whipped my knife as hard as I could at one of them; it hit it square in the chest. As I the other one fell, I picked up a fallen copper axe, and lunged at the last satyr. It couldn’t dodge me this time, for I lopped it’s head right off of its small shoulders. “By the grace of the gods, what is happening here” I exclaimed. With the horse saved, I grabbed it’s reigns and walked it back to the farmer. “Oh thank you, thank you. But I’m not the only one in danger! Travel further up the road to my village, Helos. They are in grave danger from the Satyrs.” I nodded at the man, and sprinted up the path towards a small column of smoke.

After reading it, please tell me what you think.

Caw521
12-03-2009, 06:52 PM
:clap: kewl!

What class you gonna take later on?

Zemekus
12-03-2009, 06:56 PM
:clap: kewl!

What class you gonna take later on?

Uhm, he's following my Lvl 75 Battlemage. I'll post more later, depending on the feedback I get.

Matseb2611
12-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Very nice. I liked the battle scene. Although just 3 satyrs, the amount of gore was quite intense already.

Zemekus
12-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Very nice. I liked the battle scene. Although just 3 satyrs, the amount of gore was quite intense already.

Thank you :D I've tried to make the story as close to the game as possible.

Matseb2611
12-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Yeah I noticed. Would it have its unique parts though?

Zemekus
12-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Yeah I noticed. Would it have its unique parts though?

Yes, I'm including parts where he interacts with the gods. Ya know, the classes :D. Uhm, a few things that I've envisioned added to the game. It'll be unique, but familiar.