PDA

View Full Version : Green and yellow item affixes.

Impulsand
08-19-2009, 02:59 PM
I tend to get the same suffixes and prefixes on green items. How large is the pool for each type?

As well, is it possible to create a few more and / or enable the previously turned off prefixes and suffixes ?

This may have been talked about before, but am just curious.

EDIT: Also: What is the weighted drop chance on each affix? I this possible to change so that we get a more varied drop pool on a regular basis?

Cheers,

Impulsand.

Grandpa
03-14-2013, 01:54 AM
Same problem here, same suffixes and prefixes over and over. My biggest wish atm is a fix for this since MI farming is one of my great passions in this game.

A few examples from legendary.

Found about 20 homado's, 14 of them "montaineer".
Found 6 proioxis, all of them "Of grace"
Found 12 Batrachos creaves, 5 "of momentum" 3 "Sage's" 3 "Stalwart" and 1 "Of Grace"
Found about 25 Batrachos Breastplate, Mountaineer's, of impetus and "of momentum", over and over.
Found about 40 Alala's half of them "Philosophers". And "of immortality" many times too.

And the same goes on with a few other MI's, all from Act4. No MI's from act1-2-3 seems to have this problem.

Shalie
03-14-2013, 04:19 AM
Are you using the RNG fix?

The weighted drop chance for each affix is different for every monster group and difficulty. In general, higher level areas get better affixes (obviously :p)

The good green affixes like Veteran's have a much lower drop chance than yellow affixes like Philosopher's, it's expected to find more of these yellow ones.
But 20 out of 40 Alala's with Philosopher's is strange, are those the exact numbers ?

Grandpa
03-14-2013, 04:43 AM
Are you using the RNG fix?

The weighted drop chance for each affix is different for every monster group and difficulty. In general, higher level areas get better affixes (obviously :p)

The good green affixes like Veteran's have a much lower drop chance than yellow affixes like Philosopher's, it's expected to find more of these yellow ones.
But 20 out of 40 Alala's with Philosopher's is strange, are those the exact numbers ?

Yes, i'm using the RNG fix.

Homados, 19-21 can't remember exacly, but 14 mountaineer's is the exact numer.
Proioxis is exact number.
Batrachos Greaves is the exact number.
23-25 batrachos breatsplate, can't remember exact number. But all had the same 3 affixes.
About 40 Alala's yes, 38-42 can't remember exact number. But about half has been Philosopher's yes.

But this only occur with some specific enemies.

Machae's
Formicid's
Anourans
Empousas

Haven't had similar problem with any other enemies MI's.

Any other enemies like gorgons, centaur, reptilians, gilded, tigermen and so on, has much more varied affixed in their drops. I've found revanant Mi's with almost any possible affixes, and stonebinders MI's as well. But these "bugged" MI's just always drop with the same affixes.

A good example.
48 hours ago i had found 4 proioxis in total on legendary, all 4 "of grace". Then yesterday with m4ssboss3s i got another proioxis, also "of grace", then 11 hours ago with xmax i got another proioxis, and yeah. "Of grace" again as number 6.:/

defboy99
03-14-2013, 05:07 AM
A good example: 8 hours ago i had found 4 proioxis in total on legendary, all 4 "of grace". Then yesterday with m4ssboss3s i got another proioxis, also "of grace", then 11 hours ago with xmax i got another proioxis, and yeah. "Of grace" again as number 6.:/

Goodness "gracious," Grandpa! (Get it? A little Proioxis pun there.) I have only 2 sets of Proioxis, but they're exactly the same (no affixes). I have 8 different Palioxis bracers and each one is different. I have only 2 Homodos (Normal, Legendary) and both are...(drumroll please)...Mountaineer's.

Grandpa
03-14-2013, 05:41 AM
Goodness "gracious," Grandpa! (Get it? A little Proioxis pun there.) I have only 2 sets of Proioxis, but they're exactly the same (no affixes). I have 8 different Palioxis bracers and each one is different. I have only 2 Homodos (Normal, Legendary) and both are...(drumroll please)...Mountaineer's.

Don't get it, foreign crappy english member behind this profile. But i wish i got it, need a good laugh to start the day. :p

I have 2 proioxis, one from legendary "of grace" and one from epic "adroitness" (both dexterity).
Have homados from both normal, epic and legendary. Mountaineer's, Mountaineer's aaaaaaand ... Mountaineer's..

But as you i do have several different palioxis though, no good ones but at least different despite they aren't as commen as homados.

defboy99
03-14-2013, 05:49 AM
Don't get it, foreign crappy english member behind this profile. But i wish i got it, need a good laugh to start the day. :p

Sorry, Grandpa. The term "Goodness gracious!" is a phrase we Yanks use in exclamation or surprise (also "Good heavens!"). You had stated that you were getting many, many "...of Grace" Proioxis, so that's what the pun was about: "Goodness gracious!" (And yes, my puns are horrible, but I seem to entertain myself adequately...) :D

I certainly hope you start getting better variety in your MIs. Getting the same affixes over and over is definitely frustrating. ;)

Grandpa
03-14-2013, 05:59 AM
Sorry, Grandpa. The term "Goodness gracious!" is a phrase we Yanks use in exclamation or surprise (also "Good heavens!"). You had stated that you were getting many, many "...of Grace" Proioxis, so that's what the pun was about: "Goodness gracious!" (And yes, my puns are horrible, but I seem to entertain myself adequately...) :D

I certainly hope you start getting better variety in your MIs. Getting the same affixes over and over is definitely frustrating. ;)

Makes sence.:D
Yeah fidning those 2 was like getting a candy bar ....... And then a kick in the nuts.

Thx man, but with 3.000.000 kills and 27 days, 15 hours 12 min gamelplay on my current farmer, i dosen't count on it though. There is something wrong with those MI's, i know it but can't prove it. And unless it gets fixed it will continue like this. :(

spectre
03-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Well, that is how I see that situation in my Artmanager:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjmb7lni8km6k18/homados_prefix.PNG

So, I can't really confirm your findings. Bad luck? Mods that overwrite chances?

Medea Fleecestealer
03-14-2013, 03:44 PM
You could try turning the RGN fix off and see what that does. Might be better, might be worse, but you can always turn it back on again if it's worse.

Grandpa
03-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Well, that is how I see that situation in my Artmanager:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjmb7lni8km6k18/homados_prefix.PNG

So, I can't really confirm your findings. Bad luck? Mods that overwrite chances?

It can't be just bad luck or mods. It has been like this in the last 3 years i've farmed this game for MI's, and always the same few monsters in act4.

If it was mods overwriting chances it wouldn't just be the same 4-5 monsters only in act4, and it seems i'm not the only one that keeps finding mountaineer's homados.

I remember this from another thread where i've found 7 mountaineer's homados in a row.

There is a 45% chance that every homados will be a mountineer's...

You could try turning the RGN fix off and see what that does. Might be better, might be worse, but you can always turn it back on again if it's worse.

I do soemtimes, mostly with RNG fix on. But sometimes i turn it off.

spectre
03-15-2013, 11:26 AM
But it seemed to work back then, didn't it? --> http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/41659-RNG-fix-dosen-t-work?p=438745&viewfull=1#post438745 ;)

I'm off slaying some modified machae in a custom map...

spectre
03-15-2013, 12:30 PM
Back from slaying:

Results: 104 Homados dropped, 48 with prefix, 64 with suffix. But only ONE Mountaineer's. (= 2% of those with prefix, ~1% of all Homados)

Something's definitely strange with your game. I mean my results aren't valid statistically, but if Mountaineer's really would be 45% off all Homados, I would have gotten different results.

Grandpa
03-15-2013, 04:23 PM
But it seemed to work back then, didn't it? --> http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/41659-RNG-fix-dosen-t-work?p=438745&viewfull=1#post438745 ;)

Yeah, found an homados of impetus back then, The RNG fix sure does make a difference, but i tend to believe that m4ssboss3s or xmax mod is what causing the problem i have, can't be the defiler since i only checked the following.

RNG fix
Slow cast fix
Disable zeus speech
Infinite potion stacking
Freeze time at day
Relics/charms in uniques

Back from slaying:

Results: 104 Homados dropped, 48 with prefix, 64 with suffix. But only ONE Mountaineer's. (= 2% of those with prefix, ~1% of all Homados)

Something's definitely strange with your game. I mean my results aren't valid statistically, but if Mountaineer's really would be 45% off all Homados, I would have gotten different results.

Kinda funny, cause last night i was thinking about learning to make a custom map with 10000 machae's and then drop a nuke on them to count the MI's dropped.:P
But that resault is scary, something must be broken in my game then. Or it's caused by something else.

But thank you for the test, this is good news. Since it means MY game is fucked up, not THE game = it can be fixed.:)

spectre
03-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Or it really depends on the mod you are using. Massbosses for example changes drops and chances for affixes (at least in the non-clean version). Maybe that's why you're getting that.

about learning to make a custom map
Only learned that myself about one week ago :)

Grandpa
03-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Or it really depends on the mod you are using. Massbosses for example changes drops and chances for affixes (at least in the non-clean version). Maybe that's why you're getting that.

Only learned that myself about one week ago :)

Uses the Clean Version, but still think it has something to do with it.

Since m4ssboss3s is a custom map, i guess it isn't possible to use it together with another custom map with an army of Machae's, would may give a result explaining my current issue.
But if it's really MY game that is "corrupt", it could be nice to repeat your test in my game, and see if i get the same result as you. If i do, i blame m4ssboss3s. And if my result is 104 mountaineer's homados, i'm gonna cry.

Oh and got 2 more Philosophers Alala's in same run 10 min ago "facepalm"..

spectre
03-17-2013, 08:16 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qtlk5nnie7jxid/yerren.zip

I'll send you the password via PM. Install it as you would any mod. Make a new custom char, pick up the ring and head north to the machae. The damage reflection will kill them. Important: Start the map in Legendary difficulty.

I hope that I didn't forget to tell you some important thing ;) And tell me if you're done downloading. I'll take the link down then.

Grandpa
03-17-2013, 08:37 AM
I'll send you the password via PM. Install it as you would any mod. Make a new custom char, pick up the ring and head north to the machae. The damage reflection will kill them. Important: Start the map in Legendary difficulty.

I hope that I didn't forget to tell you some important thing ;) And tell me if you're done downloading. I'll take the link down then.

Downloaded.
Thank you sir, i appreciate it.
I will go for it right away and report back about the result. :)

:EDIT:
Couldn't use the ring with a new char since it require lvl 3, so i just used one of my old toons and dropped the ring when done. Nice map for testing stuff btw.:)
The good news is that it isn't my game that are "broken", and it isn't anything in the defiler either.

Made 2 tests, one with RNG on and one with RNG fix off.
The RNG fix didn't make any noticeable difference in the prefixes/suffixes, and it isn't supposed too. Just tested anyway cause of my current "Bugged MI's" situation. But of the 2x 104 homado's dropped, there was 2 mountaineer's homados. Totally random prefixes/suffixes exacly as it should be.

So i guess i'm done using the m4ssboss3s for MI farming, dosen't matter if it's the clean version or the other, it does something bad to some specific enemies MI's.
The ones i noticed being "bugged" in prefixes/suffixes in m4ssboss3s is.

Machae's
Anouran's
Empusa's
Formicid's

And another thing m4ssboss3s does, it removes all jackal sharmans and beserkers in Egypt (execpt from the quest ones).

spectre
03-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Good to hear :)