PDA

View Full Version : The Hooligan/Chav/Hoodie Challenge

bonobo4
08-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Basically in this challenge you use whatever mods you want, but you must only use Knives. If you die that's it. You are not allowed intelligence, (since when did chavs have intelligence? ;)) I'll propably change/edit these rules.

You are also allowed stuff you steal, (find on the floor, no buying. ;))

Caw521
08-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Basically in this challenge you use whatever mods you want,

Does that include the defiler or a trainer? :D

So, Bonobo, found any good, green knives lately?

bonobo4
08-16-2009, 05:49 AM
Certainly no, and sadly no. :)

Medea Fleecestealer
05-06-2014, 03:40 AM
Just curious - would a Deathweaver's Legtip count as a knife? It certainly looks short enough to qualify.

Deepblue
05-06-2014, 04:37 AM
There are two types of bladed weapons in the game, one is strongest and only swings fast, the other is weaker but swings very fast.

Since knives swing very fast, I guess if the legtip swings very fast, then it must be a knife.

Medea Fleecestealer
05-06-2014, 05:08 AM
No, that doesn't really work because Sabertooths are definitely swords and they swing very fast. Legtips are fast, but definitely a short, knife-like weapon. Shlilsh's Skinner is also very fast, but I can't decide whether it's a sword or a knife. Also a Gladius is very fast and fairly short. :confused: And what about Patroclus' Shortblade, Teslos, Bite of Anubis, etc, which are shortish and fast? There seem to be a lot of weapons that could be knives, but need clarification as to whether they'd be allowed for this challenge.

Medea Fleecestealer
05-06-2014, 05:25 AM
So these are the uniques I found that may or may not be classed as knives.

Blues - fast
Patroclus' Shortblade
Teslos
Bite of Anubis

Blues - very fast
Ketos' Chomp
Spartan's Wit
Chang-Kuo Lau's Steel Blur
Katharos

Only a couple of purples which aren't clear: Plissken which is fairly short and is fast, and Stymphalian Talon which is very fast.

Shalie
05-06-2014, 06:29 AM
Deathweaver's Legtip - the name implies it's part of a leg, not a knife. Wouldn't feel in the spirit of the challenge for me.

Medea Fleecestealer
05-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Guess it depends on how long the tip is. I'm just going on looks. It's bonobo4's challenge so I guess we need to await his input. Given that you're not likely to find anything actually labelled as a knife much past Normal Parnassus getting through the later difficulties could turn out to be very slow work. :(