PDA

View Full Version : Provide me with Registry locations

yerkyerk
05-11-2009, 09:29 AM
In order to get an as good as possible installer, I need all registry locations from the common OS's.

I have the ones from Vista 32bit, Vista 64bit and windows XP 32bit.

I still need the one from windows XP 64bit.
If anyone has another operating system with a registry entry, please tell me the location so this installer can more easily find your location..

Also, redundant information is welcome, so if you can provide me with Vista 32, 64 or XP 32 bit registry locations, you'd be welcome. Be sure to tell me wether your TQIT copy is retail, Steam or D2D or other..

bug
05-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Be sure to tell me wether your TQIT copy is retail, Steam or D2D.

Or Impulse?

yerkyerk
05-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Well, that's alright too :)

yerkyerk
05-13-2009, 09:30 AM
*bumptydump*

yerkyerk
05-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Ok, this is quite important; as it will help a lot of people with installing the game properly.

Anyone, please help me make a better installer...

bug
05-14-2009, 09:44 AM
I guess nobody's using XP64? In which case you're fine.

yerkyerk
05-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Heh, perhaps. But with over 35k downloads, there are bound to be a few dozen who do - I would think more than a few hundred even.

RBradleyM
05-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Yerkyerk, I talked to a friend at Microsoft, he said that the issues between XP 32 and XP 64 are mostly Hardware and driver related. The software locations were for the most part unchanged in the registry between the two versions though he did point out that XP 64 was discontinued in 2005 and is no longer supported but that the pro version is still active and is very similar to the XP 32 pro version in regards to registry. The basic gist is that if the game runs in XP 32 it should run in XP 64. The only real difference between the two versions is that one allows for the 64 bit drivers and the other does not.

yerkyerk
05-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the info. It's mostly that the registry locations might be different. This is where the installer first looks to locate the game.

I'm not sure if they're different. Vista32 and Vista64 have two different registry locations for sure. I also wonder if the Steam version has a different registry location from the retail.

If we could implement this right, a lot of installer issues will be prevented.

RBradleyM
05-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Yerkyerk, sorry I wasn't clear what my friend meant was the difference is in what the program looks for not where it looks they didn't make major changes between the XP versions like they did with the Vista Versions

BrotherRatcliff
05-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Ok, forgive me if this isn't was you were asking for. I have the steam version of TQ/IT running on Windows XP 32 bit.

Here is where I found the Registry entries for TQ:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

SOFTWARE

Iron Lore

Titan Quest

CD Key

Install Location

Version

Titan Quest Immortal Throne

CD Key

Install Location

yerkyerk
05-21-2009, 06:28 AM
Thanks Ratcliff, that was indeed what I needed.
Good to know that Steam doesn't use different registry locations for TQIT. I guess it's solely up to the OS than.

dem0nmaster
07-31-2009, 06:09 AM
In Windows 7 RC with retail TQ it's here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Iron Lore\Titan Quest
Containing these items:
-CD Key
-Install Location
-LastMutexOwner
-Version

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Iron Lore\Titan Quest Immortal Throne
Containing these items:
-CD Key
-Install Location
-RanOnce

Although, this is after I had installed the fanpatch already. Didn't really find anything else except for uninstallation information somewhere else.