PDA

View Full Version : mordak quest is bugged!

fmj345
04-26-2009, 03:05 AM
I was playing multiplayer with another player and both our quests are bugged. We were doing the free mordak quest, and after freeing mordak the quest log told us to talk to him in town. We found him in town but he is not clickable. I've tried restarting my game, and doing the base trick and it doesn't work.

Is there any way to reset my quests or am I screwed?

jiaco
04-26-2009, 04:47 AM
First of all, can you please tell how you got both players to advance the tablets quest to the point by the teleporter in the swamp?

Second, did you talk the quest giver before trying to talk to mordak? There is a trigger with the quest giver that activates mordak.

Multiplayer Lilith is less than ideal in my experience most quests dont work for both toons.

fmj345
04-26-2009, 06:32 AM
We didn't have any problems until mordak.

I sort of figured it out, don't know if I'll run into problems in the future though. I moved quest.myw in the saved games folder in another place, launched a game so that it'll make a new quest.myw file after I get some random quest, closed the game and overwrote the new quest.myw file with the old quest.myw file, and I was able to talk to the npc next to mordak which allowed mordak to be clickable so I could turn in my quest. But I couldn't get the next quest from him so I repeated the process and for some reason, that worked and he gave me the next quest afterwards.

Kind of weird.. I hope I don't run into more of this glitchy stuff later on.

I hope the creator of this mod, if he still posts here, could give some insight on this. Should I bother playing multiplayer at all?

jiaco
04-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Mostal, the creator, is active but this may have more to do with the fact that he did a lot of "different" types of quests that the game itself cannot handle properly in multiplayer.

Munderbunny posted that he used portaling to keep mulitplayer players together, i never tried this. I ended up playing with my kid as clones, where I just let one toon do the quests and every so often would transfer the save folder onto the other machine.

Its a shame as it was a lot of fun in multiplayer, but the quests just continually bugged.

mostal
04-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Its a shame as it was a lot of fun in multiplayer, but the quests just continually bugged.

I'm sad to read that, but many players can finish the game in multiplayers game.
Sorry for disagreement :cry:

jiaco
04-27-2009, 06:42 AM
I'm sad to read that, but many players can finish the game in multiplayers game.
Sorry for disagreement :cry:

Do not be sad or sorry, I am happy to hear that it can work!

Can you post or link to more info on how to proceed? We both went and got one tablet each from the Highlands but player2 could never advance that quest. Another example, player2 talked to the ghost in the cemetary, player1 ended up killing the boss skeleton and then neither player could ever advance that quest to get the extra bag. (even when played again later in single player).

I would love to know what to do to get through the whole game with 2 players and be able to get each player to obtain all quest rewards.