PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic books?

Ulari
04-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Well, it looks like I am the only one in the forum that reads those kind of books. With fantastic, I mean series like Dragonlance, The Wheel of Time, Forgotten Realms, Death Gate Cycle etc etc.
If you like to start one of those series, I recommend you to start with Dragonlance or Forgotten Realms. If you are going to start with Dragonlance, start with Dragons of the Twilight Autumn or something like that. I don't know it's English name exactly :) I didn't read Forgotten Realms, so no comment about it.
If you like thick books (and I mean really thick books, some goes up to 1200 pages) I recommend you The Wheel of Time. I am reading 9th book at the moment, and I should say it is awesome. Good characters, superb lore, good writing style. And don't turn back because of thickness, if you start you will reach its end so fast and want to read next book immediately.
But if you want to start fantastic style, you should read The Lord of The Rings, especially if you liked the movie trio. You will see how different (and so much better than films) the books are :)

Scarecrow
04-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Well, it looks like I am the only one in the forum that reads those kind of books.

Not quite. :nerd:

Although I don't seem to have as much time to read as I used to, I have managed to read all the books you've mentioned. Excellent taste!

siegefried2
04-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Well, Raistlin ROCKS!! :evil::evil::twisted:

Ulari
04-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Wow, it is good that there are people who read thos books. And sure Raistlin rocks, but my favorite is Lord Soth (and Raist)

siegefried2
04-12-2009, 07:31 PM
I like Soth's story too. I just feel that Raistlin is a person I can relate more to. I have read most of the series you mentioned except The Wheel of Time, but I'll get those from the libraries if I can find them. They definitely are interesting reads. Forgotten Realms series, the Harpers are always interesting, and I would recommend Homeland, the first book in Drizzt's past. People might all start dual wielding toons after that though. :D

ward_rb
04-12-2009, 09:00 PM
read the favorite book thread, quite a bit of us are into fantasy. also, i highly recommend "the chronicles of malus darkblade" if you can find it in your native language. amazing series so far.