PDA

View Full Version : The gate in Chang'an

ElGrandeLupo
04-04-2009, 09:43 AM
The problem with the "Locked by Quest" gate in Chang'an ( even though the Quest to unlock it has been completed ) is still an issue i see.
I've been complaning about this from the very beginning..lol

The gate can of course be bypassed by teleporting into Chang'an but it still annoys the living #"%&%# out of me that this stupid error still exists.
Would it be possible in a future update of the FanPatch to eliminate this error?

Great job with the FanPatch guys. Respect to you for taking the time and effort and for keeping this game going as strong as ever. :cool:

yerkyerk
04-04-2009, 10:23 AM
This bug is too unimportant to fix; it'll take too much resources to find out what's the problem, while it's simple to bypass. Also, the bug doesn't appear that often - seems to appear with me only after extended periods of playing, if I play from the moment I reach Chang'An till I made the round-about with the Jade Emperor.
Either reload or teleport to Chang'an and it should both work.
Sure, it's annoying, but with only Munder fixing the bugs I'm trying not to get him involved with trivial stuff like this.

If you really want it fixed, perhaps you can look at it yourself, I'll be sure to include the fix in the next fanpatch.

ElGrandeLupo
04-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Yeah, it isn't an important bug and i didn't know it would be that hard to track down ( worked alot with editors to Darkstone and Dungeon Siege but never got around to look at TQ's editor.. Time issues..). Maybe i'll have a look some day.

It is strange though because i seem to get this all the time. Even after being away from TQ/IT for more than a year. Then after reinstalling the game i still run into this bug every time.
Chang'an must really hate me. :D

Thanks for your reply and keep up the good work. :)

bug
04-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Did you talk to the guy by the gate? The gate doesn't unlock upon quest completion (in spite of its description), but rather when you talk to that guy. I know I forgot that a couple of times, so just checking.

yerkyerk
04-05-2009, 11:09 AM
I guess the problem would be the tracking down, the fixing shouldn't be too hard. If we'd have more people with a working knowledge of the artmanager that are willing to dedicate their time on bugfixing, we would probably try to fix it though. I can advice using the editor tools, especially the world editor is a nice and easy-to-use tool. Bit unstable though.

The Rock-man
04-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Did you talk to the guy by the gate? The gate doesn't unlock upon quest completion (in spite of its description), but rather when you talk to that guy. I know I forgot that a couple of times, so just checking.

Well that may be it then maybe it be just as simple as to add a talk to X to the quest?

bug
04-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Well that may be it then maybe it be just as simple as to add a talk to X to the quest?

No, I meant after you complete the quest, the gate is still locked. You need to go and talk to the guy by the gate to unlock it (even if the text on the door says it's sealed by a quest).

The Rock-man
04-06-2009, 07:07 AM
bug you didn't read what I wrote then, "maybe it be just as simple as to add a talk to X to the quest" where X is the gate guard (So the end point is talking to the guy at the gate).

bug
04-06-2009, 09:03 AM
bug you didn't read what I wrote then, "maybe it be just as simple as to add a talk to X to the quest" where X is the gate guard (So the end point is talking to the guy at the gate).

But still, "if it works, don't fix it", that's my motto. ;)

yerkyerk
04-06-2009, 09:04 AM
I think you guys are talking about 2 different gates. If not, I know I am.

When you make a circle around Chang'an to the jade emperor, you'll end up back in the city, but those gates won't always open (there's no guard near those gates). The other gate, to Typhon's cave, has never been a problem for me, after I completed the previous quest and talk to the guard he always opens it up.

siegefried2
04-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Farm the Tigermen for the three sisters quest and continuing back to Chang'An has always resulted in the gate opening for me.

eisprinzessin
04-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Does that mean, the gate is triggered by the wrong quest?

bug
04-06-2009, 10:33 AM
I think you guys are talking about 2 different gates. If not, I know I am.

When you make a circle around Chang'an to the jade emperor, you'll end up back in the city, but those gates won't always open (there's no guard near those gates). The other gate, to Typhon's cave, has never been a problem for me, after I completed the previous quest and talk to the guard he always opens it up.

Could be, but I only had problems with the latter and only because I omitted to talk to the guard.

The Rock-man
04-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Well now I think from what I hear the whole set of quests in the circle around Chang'an via the jade emperor, need to be done in full (maybe in a single session?) I never encountered this bug with my char that went via the gates and the rest I just portalled back to town after the tigerman quest.

bug
04-06-2009, 11:21 AM
You don't need tot do that in a single session. I had the game crash on me about 3 times after emerging from the caves in the emperor's palace and I still found the gates unlocked.

RBradleyM
04-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Try reactivating the last rebirth fountain before the gate. I had this problem and then reactivated the fountain and the gate unlocked when I went back to the gate.

ElGrandeLupo
04-08-2009, 09:06 AM
As yerkyerk said, the gate i'm talking about is not the gate to the Ancient forest with the guard in front of it but the one you need to open after returning from the Jade Palace.

Anyways, i reached that gate again last night and behold, it was open for the first time in a long time.
What did i do different this time?
Only one thing. I allowed the Jade Emperor to finish all his first talking so that the quest updated itself ( instead of just clicking my way through his loooong speech ).
Seems that this quest is very sensetive...

yerkyerk
04-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Well, the Jade Emperor should logically be the trigger to the opening of the gate. If anyone with a good knowledge of the artmanager can fix it, I'll include it in the fanpatch.