PDA

View Full Version : Stygian Lurker Quest Fix

Craig321
04-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi,

I just installed the newest TQ community patch and noticed I got the 5% damage increase rewards again for each difficulty (15% overall).

I already received this reward manually back when Laches didn't fix quests using the following code:

for /f %%f in ('findstr /S /M "xsq13_stygianlurker.qst" *.que') do del %%f

So basically now I've got 30% attack instead of 15% attack (received the reward 6 times instead of 3 times).

Just thought I'd let you know so maybe the next patch can include some kind of check to see if the character has actually received that reward or not.

Craig.

Munderbunny
04-03-2009, 04:12 AM
Stygian Lurker and Hades Generals are 2 separate quests.

Laches won't fix your character multiple times, though if you mess with or delete your quest files, you can get him to pointless attempt to fix your character multiple times.

It's impossible to receive either quest reward multiple times and receive a multiplication of benefits. You don't have +30% total damage because it's impossible with the way the quest rewards are done.

Craig321
04-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Thing is, I've already fixed that quest with the code above and Laches is fixing it again, I remember going to the Stygian Lurker quest reward NPC on all three difficulties and getting 5% attack from each one, Laches is then giving me an extra 5% in each difficulty :confused:

Munderbunny
04-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug (forgot to thank you before--very little time = undiplomatic munder).

Rest assured your character is fine. If you're curious about why, feel free to search the forums--it has been discussed several times. Check links in bugfix FAQ.

Craig321
04-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the reply, I will take your word for it :)

And my thanks goes to you, and all the people who deserve it for creating an excellent bug fix patch :)

Craig.