PDA

View Full Version : So, when do blues start dropping in Epic?

Freshy Fresh
07-07-2006, 01:27 AM
Aparently never. I've gotten more in normal than epic. Shouldn't this be the other way around? And one more question; is the amount of rare drops you get based on how many you already have? For example, one of my bags is full of blues and greens, and I haven't gotten a blue drop in quite a while. Whereas I used to get them with some degree of frequency. It seems like after I got quite a bit of them whatever script in the game that controls drops decided to stop giving them to me.

BTW, I am at Megara.

Mung Beans
07-07-2006, 01:40 AM
Well I am halfway through Greece, and I am starting to pick up some epics. I think its just random to be honest, one time you will be picking up epics left and right, and another time they will be none to be picked up until you get to the next act.

I say keep trucking, I am sure you will pick somethin up. I have noticed that I pick up more greens then in normal.

Freshy Fresh
07-07-2006, 01:44 AM
Well I am halfway through Greece, and I am starting to pick up some epics. I think its just random to be honest, one time you will be picking up epics left and right, and another time they will be none to be picked up until you get to the next act.

I say keep trucking, I am sure you will pick somethin up. I have noticed that I pick up more greens then in normal.

Hm. Same here. I've been getting alot of greens. Some of them really nice, but alas none that I need for my character. (lots of bows, staffs, but I'm a Conqueror) I usually end up vendoring most of the greens I get since I dont want them taking up room.

BrainFlush
07-07-2006, 02:03 AM
Man don't even get me started, I love this game and IL. But unique items. I have saved and exited 100s of times near Majestic Chests with no luck and I also have 15 blues. Am at the end of the story and am not sure if I should go epic yet, as I want to complete a couple of sets. Any help or tips, thanks.

evenson
07-07-2006, 02:27 AM
I got an epic off the first bone pile i found in epic. lol.

r_kt
07-07-2006, 03:03 AM
I got an epic in Greece for a sidequest, but it was useless for my char

Jagadance
07-07-2006, 03:18 AM
Man, not trying to be a jerk here, but you need to have more patience when it comes to getting good items. They're not supposed to be dropping every few minutes. You posted a rant before about not getting great items after having killed Typhon 3 times. Good items like blues are supposed to be rare. I went through all of Egypt and half of the Orient in Epic and never saw one blue item.

BrainFlush
07-07-2006, 04:04 AM
Well I guess i will just finish the game and go EPIC. Thanks for the NFO

Freshy Fresh
07-07-2006, 04:15 AM
Man, not trying to be a jerk here, but you need to have more patience when it comes to getting good items. They're not supposed to be dropping every few minutes. You posted a rant before about not getting great items after having killed Typhon 3 times. Good items like blues are supposed to be rare. I went through all of Egypt and half of the Orient in Epic and never saw one blue item.

I REALIZE that epic/legendary items are supposed to be rare, but what I find to be annoying is how random the drops are.

Jagadance
07-07-2006, 04:19 AM
Well to be honest, randomizing item drops is really the only way to keep them rare. Even if they made it so that Typhon dropped a guaranteed blue every time, the items would quickly become common instead of rare.

Kadorak
07-07-2006, 04:24 AM
Yeah, absolute item drops at any specific point or from any monster will devolve a good portion of the game into cookie-cutter loot runs over and over again. IMO it's good to have an incentive to do different things and look around, it keeps you from getting bored.

BrainFlush
07-07-2006, 04:25 AM
Ok, here's a question. Should I keep my relics from the normal game when I go to epic or are they useless in terms of abilities when you go epic.

Matticus
07-07-2006, 04:28 AM
useless

you get better ones

tenabrae
07-07-2006, 04:30 AM
Some are still good, depends what the set bonuses were

BrainFlush
07-07-2006, 04:33 AM
Well then I think that if you had to pry something from my dead cold lifeless hands then it must be good and I will keep it in the EPIC round.

Jagadance
07-07-2006, 04:33 AM
One exception is: keep the relics that Typhon drops. E.G normal Typhon drops relics that you will find in Epic Greece. That's actually a very good reason to do Typhon runs. He drops relics from the next difficulty level of Greece.

BrainFlush
07-07-2006, 04:40 AM
Thanks for the outro on normal JAGADANCE will do a couple 100 TYPHON runs now thanks to you, there goes dinner and shower and that date I had.

Freshy Fresh
07-07-2006, 04:49 AM
Well to be honest, randomizing item drops is really the only way to keep them rare. Even if they made it so that Typhon dropped a guaranteed blue every time, the items would quickly become common instead of rare.

Ok, yes I understand this also. But it doesnt make sense when an uber monster wont drop phat loot, but a normal monster will. Think about it in the context of the story. Why would a common foot soldier be carrying around an insanely powerful weapon?

BrainFlush
07-07-2006, 04:55 AM
Well we can't have our pie or cake and eat it too, unless you want diabities.
I agree and second that emotion. How can I be here and still playing. Pick one.

Jagadance
07-07-2006, 05:05 AM
Ok, yes I understand this also. But it doesnt make sense when an uber monster wont drop phat loot, but a normal monster will. Think about it in the context of the story. Why would a common foot soldier be carrying around an insanely powerful weapon?

If everything was done as to what "makes sense" the game would be very predictable and boring. I don't know, I guess it really comes down to what you think is fun, and for me, this game is fun because of the unpredictability of loot. I mean, honestly, if you want to get realistic, why don't all the monsters just wait for you with all their greatest attacks for when you first enter a cave and then just blast you with everything they have all at once so you can never get farther?

@BrainFlush- SORRY for letting you KNOW that it takes SOME time in order to GET good ITEMS. yeah this capitalizing random words for no reason whatsoever is fun. :razz:

Jinheim
07-07-2006, 06:23 AM
Any kind of computer generated "random" system will be very streaky. Just keep on killing.

Voyyce
07-07-2006, 07:02 AM
I saw my first halfway usable blue in Epic past Knossos, but tbh there's some more than decent greens available from vendors. Titanic shield > most blues if damage is what you want.

As for relics, put whatever crappy relics from normal on whatever crappy armor you have left from normal mode, you will get better relics and better armor eventually but there's no point in not using what you got.

res
07-07-2006, 07:18 AM
ive gotten a lot of blue's myself in epic mode, one of the first bosses in greece gave me a blue, and i've just gotten my first legendary (an axe) from a random group of undead mobs near Memphis in Egypt.

BrainFlush
07-07-2006, 07:56 AM
Beat Typhon, killled me first time, experimented that first encounter, you know, had my guard up and all magic going, walked up to him and said, "Now what" He then ever so gently laid a PAW on me and I was OUT. Next round I just stood there, at the edge of his ring and fought him till he dropped. Oh well another cheat. Got a BLUE though. And tried to get another BLUE 15 more times. NOTHING. Going back for more.

Hey JAGADANCE, you're right. To think the devs wanted us to actually PLAY and make it very RARE for blues etc...to pop up. Well worth the money mate. :0