PDA

View Full Version : Oh no...more Editor questions

sTiTchface
07-06-2006, 11:48 AM
Ok, so its obvious that folks like Linque and Davey and some others are clearing grasping this editor better then people like myself, so please bear with me here.

Building terrain and placement of object/monsters/NPC's is fairly straightforward, but I am having an issue with the tweaks of those components. For example:

1.) Is there not a way to directly affect the colors or monsters/NPC's? Are the color changes made to them in the game related only to the "type" of model it is, like a boss monster was modeled in a different color then the original model.

2.) How exactly do you go about creating a specific weapon for a NPC or monster or even go about sorting through the list of them. The tags for each one dont really tell me much. I am trying to build special weapons for the bosses, then make them lootable and am overwhelmed when I try to sort through the lists. Can you play with the stats like you can the monster stats?

3.) Is it not possible to get the same flexibility with outdoor textures and such when building grids? I would like to get a more "organic' dungeon feel. Like patches of ground/sand with vegetation growing in them. Kinda like a mix between a cave and dungeon/tomb feel. I am thinking I could build a "outdoor" dungeon, but it would be bound to the night/day cycle wouldnt it?

Sorry if this all redundant, but I only get a little time each night to play around with the editor, so I am slowly learning....

Linque
07-06-2006, 01:38 PM
1.) Is there not a way to directly affect the colors or monsters/NPC's? Are the color changes made to them in the game related only to the "type" of model it is, like a boss monster was modeled in a different color then the original model.

As far as I know, the textures need to be changed to change monster colour. I'm not sure about this one, though. If this is the case, I sure hope there's some good artists around that could generate custom skins for us less talented.

2.) How exactly do you go about creating a specific weapon for a NPC or monster or even go about sorting through the list of them. The tags for each one dont really tell me much. I am trying to build special weapons for the bosses, then make them lootable and am overwhelmed when I try to sort through the lists. Can you play with the stats like you can the monster stats?

I haven't experimented with the loot tables, but when editing the monster stats, you can easily equip them with whatever weapon there is in the database in the intial equipment section.
I don't know much about creating your own weapons.

3.) Is it not possible to get the same flexibility with outdoor textures and such when building grids? I would like to get a more "organic' dungeon feel. Like patches of ground/sand with vegetation growing in them. Kinda like a mix between a cave and dungeon/tomb feel. I am thinking I could build a "outdoor" dungeon, but it would be bound to the night/day cycle wouldnt it?

I've thought of this myself. I haven't tried it out yet. If you figure out a way to do this, I'd be more than interested to know! You can place objects like bushes, trees and rocks, and make rivers in dungeons, but that's not quite the same now is it.

Sorry if this all redundant, but I only get a little time each night to play around with the editor, so I am slowly learning....

No problem at all! No reason to apologize; These kinds of threads will be helpful for the future. I just happen to have a lot of free time at this right moment, but pretty soon I won't be able to spend as much time with the editor as I do now.

Sven
07-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Hey Linque, could you give a short step-by-step tutorial on how to import like maps from 1 mod into another mod?

Linque
07-06-2006, 04:50 PM
How to import maps from another mod to your mod:

Step 1 - Find the map you want to import:
Head down to

\my documents\my games\titan quest
\working\<mod you want to import from>\source\maps\
and select the level you want to import. Copy the .lvl, .tga and .rlv files of that map into your own mod's \source\maps\ folder.

Step 2 - Import from the map Editor:
Launch the editor. Select your mod, the one where you want the map to appear. In layout mode, select Region -> Add Existing Region...
From the list that appears, select the map you just copied into your \source\maps\ folder.

...and you're done!