PDA

View Full Version : Damn my char sucks!

Claes
07-06-2006, 05:35 AM
I have a lvl 39 pyro... me and two friends just completed EPIC game mode, but its damn hard when I get one-hit-killed all the time! Is there some way to get more hp? And could someone possibly post a build for me? I really hate dieing all the time.. I cant even run Typhos on nightma.. I mean Epic, without dieing three times at least! Its really annoying!

Btw, does extra %fire damage work even if it doesnt show that on the skill?

Thanks in advance.

Srikandi
07-06-2006, 06:16 AM
dunno what you mean with question number 2...

but with respect to question number 1, "Is there some way to get more hp?"

yes, you can put points into hp when you level :)

also there are many many (many) items that will give you more hp.

However, I would say most likely your problem is resists... and there the answer is probably also items. Remember you start Epic with -40% resists. You want to increase them all (including the non-elemental ones like Pierce) to well into the positives... especially since on Legendary difficulty, they start at -100 :p

Jack McCandless
07-06-2006, 07:54 AM
If you're a pure pyromancer, you really need to make use of earth's defenses. Core Dweller is the best and baddest of these, because he can stop you from even getting attacked, but Stone Form isn't half bad either - six seconds of invulnerability can be a real saving grace.

Have you been spending points on health when levelling up, and also enough into Dexterity to allow you to equip decent armour?

I'd also watch your pierce resistance...it's a pretty common damage type and it can be very deadly. I'm an earth / nature guy, my pierce resist is at zero on epic (IE, I have +40%) and if a decent spear user targets me (darn you, Ssstheno!) I go down FAST, and that's with over 3,000 health.