View Full Version : Fanpatch

computertech82
10-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Wow. No post, so i'll post the link:
http://www.tqitfanpatch.com/index.php

Newest version is 1.15 RC.

yerkyerk
10-05-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm still waiting to get modding access to this part of the forum so I can move around the fanpatch sticky and perhaps other useful information.

Anyway; the planned release date of the final version of the fanpatch is October 13th.

Masquerouge
10-07-2008, 05:56 PM
What kind of changes do you expect between the 1.15 beta and this final version?

yerkyerk
10-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Well, some more bugs fixed :)

Batrachos will probably be restored, plus some other 'errors' that snook in during previous fanpatches, Hermes Sandal will get a proper bonus in Epic and Legendary, some things that were accidintely swapped by the developers will find the right place, Hades General Quest bug will hopefully work correctly this time around, Core Dweller should cast taunt when in agressive mode, etc...

And a whole bunch of small bugs almost nobody knew where broken and nobody really cares about will get fixed too... all thanks to the Munder :D

Munderbunny
10-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Don't forget the vision of death fix! That's the one I'm most proud of. :D

And there's no "should" about it, the hades general quest works, and so does the core dweller. Tested and approved!

yerkyerk
10-07-2008, 08:13 PM
You still have to wait if your fixes survive my installer making skills :D

Munderbunny
10-07-2008, 08:18 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Masquerouge
10-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Don't forget the vision of death fix! That's the one I'm most proud of. :D

I don't understand, I thought it was fixed in the 1.15 beta? I kinda remember seeing it in the Release Notes...

Munderbunny
10-08-2008, 03:45 PM
I have no idea what was in the 1.15 release notes, but whatever was or wasn't fixed regarding vision of death had no effect on monsters getting stuck or not. Now, instead of doing the herky-jerky dance, or just standing there, all successfully feared monsters will flee.

At first I thought it would make vision of death weaker, as feared monsters wouldn't just stand there for you to pound on them, but it's great for a caster as those melee monsters will be far away from you when the fear wears off, instead of right where they were. It really rocks in xmax. Though, if you max out VoD, it can have some funny consequences; like when monsters run out of flee space, and run into a corner, they'll just stand there, facing away from you like the Blair Witch Project. If you go to their right or left side, they'll turn and move away from you again.

i.n.s.a.n.e
10-09-2008, 07:00 AM
Though, if you max out VoD, it can have some funny consequences; like when monsters run out of flee space, and run into a corner, they'll just stand there, facing away from you like the Blair Witch Project. If you go to their right or left side, they'll turn and move away from you again.

Hi,

Great job! I did not even know it can be fixed...Perfect!!

Heh, and that's because of the duration of fear? Or another bug? :D Do they attack you after the duration expires?

Munderbunny
10-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Yeah, they attack you when the fear wears off. That only happens when they run out of fear space, but they're still under the fear effect. It's just that no one has ever maxxed out VoD before, so no one's seen that happen. :)

yerkyerk
10-09-2008, 11:38 AM
VoD only has 6 points.. I maxed that out on all my high levelled Soothsayers (1base +9to all skillpoints).

Ofcourse, I'd prefer not to max it out, as I only wanted to scare them for a bit, not running miles away so I'd had to run after them again..

i.n.s.a.n.e
10-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Great, then it's how it's supposed to work! :)

claudius
10-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Will we have to reinstall Titan quest once the the final version is out? I just had to reformat my hard drive and I sort of want to play today but maybe I should just wait until the next version is out?

Munderbunny
10-12-2008, 04:41 PM
The next version will only install on top of version 1.15. So don't worry.

yerkyerk
10-12-2008, 06:23 PM
The next version will only install on top of version 1.15. So don't worry.

Pft, I'm still planning on making 2 installers... 1 1.15 to 1.16, and 1 1.1 to 1.16 - Just not sure if it's going to work. 1.15-1.16 is definetely going to work.

lashton
10-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Can I post bugs here ? If not please delete the post :)

There is a bug with items and skills that activate at low health, if your inventory is open, they don't activate, you can test by haven one of those xp amulets on you.
The -x health regeneration items and skills also don't work if you have full hp, they only start draining hp if your hp are not full.

claudius
10-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks, the weird thing is that when I reformatted Titan quest was gone. So I reinstalled that and immortal throne. So I went to install the fanpatch again and it said I was already updated.

So I started a game in helos and looked at the swords of destruction and the fanpatch version was in the store.

So the fanpatch survived my system recovery even though the game was wiped out.

Don't know if this is weird or not because frankly I have little clue with computers...just hope they work!

yerkyerk
10-13-2008, 07:20 AM
Well - the fanpatch installs additional files that do not come with the game - they also do not get uninstalled when you uninstall the game. I'm not sure if the fanpatch is installed correctly, I tend to think not if you installed the game over the old location, as the fanpatch files should be overwritten.

Does your version state 1.15 in the bottom of the main menu?

claudius
10-13-2008, 03:46 PM
yeah it says 1.15...I think when I did a system recovery for some reason your program was not wiped out (although titanquest was). Ravages of time is working.

yerkyerk
10-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Well - if something goes awry, you know where the fault might lie. But if the menu screen shows up right it seems to be ok.