PDA

View Full Version : Newb mistake

Deific
08-28-2008, 05:44 AM
No doubt this has been asked many many times before, I'm sorry for that, I have searched but haven't found the answers.

I have allocated attribute and skill points to places I am not happy with, and would like to know:

1) Can I refund my skill points?
2) Can I refund my attribute points?
3) If so, where can I do these and how do I get there/how far into the game is it?

Thanks.

Persona
08-28-2008, 05:54 AM
Skill points can be regained from a Mystic but only points that were invested in skills and not your mastery.

There is no way, unfortunately, for attribute points to be regained in the game itself.

The first Mystic, if I'm not wrong, is in Delphi (highlight for hyper mini spoiler) or half way through Act 1.

poullos
08-28-2008, 07:55 AM
Use defiler program

Umbala
08-28-2008, 02:31 PM
It's great you can re-distribute skill points in IT, but it can be a killer to get stuck with poorly appointed attrib points. Like, when you find out you really should be able to where that fine fine gear you just found, but for some reason, you are far (way far) short of <fill in the blank>. :errf:

If your character is new enough and the situation is bad enough, it might be best to start 'em over!

Venger
08-28-2008, 04:28 PM
As poullos suggested, you can download TQ Defiler and use that to redistribute attribute points if you have made some errors. It's much better than starting over. :D

Deific
08-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Well I was only level 6 so just started over for like second time in few hours lol, hopfully this time I won't be making any mistakes.

Hauyser
08-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Lol, I usually encounter this problem. I just use the TQDefiler. :3

Umbala
08-29-2008, 08:03 PM
As poullos suggested, you can download TQ Defiler and use that to redistribute attribute points if you have made some errors. It's much better than starting over. :D

Just giving advice from the point of view of a non-Defiler user (don't hate me) :)

EFG
08-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah I don't use Defiler either... something about altering the game like that just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Redistributing attribute points is fine, but that is technically cutting corners to save time, and where does it end? I don't want to end up like those guys online with lvl 75 characters with 10 minutes of play time and a full set of end game armor.

minisav
08-30-2008, 08:17 AM
I only got Defiler because my Assassin got stuck before the last Portal and going back through the whole of Act 4 (IT) yielded nothing and people said using defiler would be fine for somethign small like that