PDA

View Full Version : What's the ideal class to use with -100% Recharge?

Azurmanth
08-20-2008, 03:55 PM
So, I want to make a twinked character with -100% recharge. I've got the items required to obtain this, but what class(es) would be best suited to the bonus offered? I basically want to just be able to run into a room of monsters/bosses and destroy them in about six seconds.

Also, I found a green that had Grants Skill (no name?) +20% Int -15% Recharge and +15% Energy..Rather happy with that. How rare are they?

Savrill
08-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Im no expert on this (so please, forgive me if I am wrong) but what would seem nice is a dream mastery (spamming distortion wave?) anyway a caster mastery with ALOT in Int/Energy (-100% recharge isnt useful with 0 energy :P)

Second thought: Earth character? (spam volcanic orb, +storm maybe for spamming squall)

Once again though, Im still newb here so dont pin me on this :P (still busy on my first run through the game)

Creslyn
08-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Dreamkiller (dream+rogue) using PS and LS sound like what you're after, or a haruspex (dream+hunting) with PS and SP, can both breeze through most places with 100% recharge easily.

supersonic
08-20-2008, 04:55 PM
my summoner is -100% recharge

spamming volcanic orb off screen ftw.. tho you will need some -mana cost items too its abit rough on your energy. you can also spam regrowth. and if your in trouble simply spam stone form.. you can survive anything with a -100% recharge summoner. your pets are immortal too sinse you can summon them as soon as they die. make sure you carry alot of mana potions tho :O

minisav
08-20-2008, 05:33 PM
About the green. It's obviously got a rare affix as a green but if you have the fanpatch the Grants Skill is the only way for -%recharge affixes to work so that would explain it

Munderbunny
08-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Any mastery is broken with 100% recharge. Just flip a coin and there you go--an amazing mastery. Hell, you could play a warfare based caster with 100% recharge and spam doomhorn.

weeeeeeee

Runefang
08-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Any storm character will work best I think because squall is just so good, even in legendary act 4 it'll own everything if you spam it enough.

Like munderbunny said -100% recharge is broken so any class can pull it off. Make a spellbreaker with permanent ancestral heroes and outsider...

Irma2
08-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Elementalist with spammed Squall, Chain Lightning and Eruption is quite fierce. Bring lots of blue pots. :p

The Fallen One
08-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Elementalist ftw!

Maybe with some Spellbound equiptment as well for -energy cost. :rockon:

badrazor
08-21-2008, 12:13 AM
can you list which items you have that get you the -100 recharge and where ya got them if possible?

The Fallen One
08-21-2008, 12:18 AM
I can give you a list of the items I know of.

Hesione's Golden Veil or Tiresias' Guide
Archmage's Clasp
Odysseus' Armor (for melee)
Incarnation of the Golden Fleece (-8% recharge completion bonus)
Staff of the Magi

Runefang
08-21-2008, 01:19 AM
I'll tell you what my prophet wears:

Head: Bai Hu's Coronal socketed w/Legendary Crystal of Erebus (+2 to all skills completion bonus)
Chest: Cestus (-16% recharge)
Ring 1: Socrates Ring of Immortality socketed with Legendary Demon's Blood (+% vitality resists completion bonus)
Ring 2: Occult's Ring of Immortality socketed with Legendary Hectate's Crescent
Arms: Archmage's Clasp (-41% recharge)
Legs: Demonskin Walkers
Artifact: Talisman of the Jade Emperor (-25% recharge)
Neck: Aphrodite's Favor
Weapon: Heka's Staff (-20% recharge)

That gives over -100% recharge, -40% cost, maxed casting speed and +5 to skills. Some of the secondary resists are lacking a little but its impossible to achieve maxed resists all round, +4 to skills, decent -% energy costs and -100% recharge.

Damnationed
08-21-2008, 10:14 AM
LOL I will use pretty much the same setup on my xmax prophet

Walkers (+1skills)
Bai Hu's of magi w/shard (-20cost,-15recharge,+2skills)
Cestus (-17rech)
Heka's (-22cost,-21rech)
Clasp (-47rech)
Aph. Favor (+2skills)
Socrates ring of immortality (demons blood)
marduk/zeus artifact
about 2nd ring I'm not sure yet

Poinas
08-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Another vote for elementalist! You can clear screens in seconds without being harmed. Cast a Squall, then several Eruptions, go into stone form and bosses are gone.

Or Thane (Warfare + Storm). Drop Battle Standard (-50% energy cost), summon Ancestral Heroes and spam War Horn. Monsters are permastunned, and drop to very little HP quite quickly. Ancestral dudes can one shot the enemies after that.

The Fallen One
08-21-2008, 05:26 PM
I should have tried that with Storm. :shifty:

:p

badrazor
08-21-2008, 11:57 PM
I'll tell you what my prophet wears:

Chest: Cestus (-16% recharge)
Arms: Archmage's Clasp (-41% recharge)
Neck: Aphrodite's Favor
Weapon: Heka's Staff (-20% recharge)

That gives over -100% recharge, -40% cost, maxed casting speed and +5 to skills. Some of the secondary resists are lacking a little but its impossible to achieve maxed resists all round, +4 to skills, decent -% energy costs and -100% recharge.

Can i get any of those 4 items from Hydra by any chance or SP??

Runefang
08-22-2008, 12:14 AM
Cestus can be found in act 4 on both epic and legendary

Archmage clasp can be found from the Hydra only if you have the community patch

Aphrodite's Favour can be found from Hydra also

Heka's staff is found in act 2, either epic or legendary

Munderbunny
08-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Clasp you can get from hydra chest. When I farm with -100% recharge, I use staff of the magi, any hat of focus, archmage's clasp, polarus, and black pearl ring of focus (also can get from hydra chest).

I gotta say, unless I'm cheezing SP, I don't like to play with -100% recharge. It's kind of annoying, and the constant mana management is a real drag. For fun, gf and I suped up in shopmi for some cheezetastic fun, and I put together a -100% recharge and -100% energy cost outfit together. I then went and died to frogdudes or something. :)

Even when you do get it working and have a great skill to use it with, the novelty wears off in about 20 minutes, and then you get mega bored. :/

EFG
08-26-2008, 10:25 AM

Make up your mind man, is it +4 or +5?

Poinas
08-26-2008, 11:32 AM
^He means that the items he listed give you +5 to all skills, whereas you'd want at least 4 to reach the ultimate level of skills, which can be difficult to reach while trying to get those other bonuses meantioned.

EFG
08-26-2008, 11:37 AM
Oh ok, it took about 3 re-reads but I re-arranged the phrasing in my head and that makes sense.

Eric_The_Red
08-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Well i guess the ideal builds to have would be paladins, templars and druids. Oh yeah and lets not forget bow users haruspex, brigands and rangers. Of course a conqueror would be impressive but the nrg issue kinda sux.

Boneflesh
08-28-2008, 03:58 AM
Oracle :D

Why?
Spam Squall, Lightning Bolt, Thunderball... Perma Outsider and Unheartly Power... things die before you can spell "owned" :rockon:

Any class can be good but since it's a lot easier to get caster recharge gear... oracle, elementalist, soothsayer :lol:

The Fallen One
08-28-2008, 09:47 AM
I would switch Elementalist and Oracle for #1 and #2, but that's only because Elementalists have more AOE attacks and panic buttons.

Boneflesh
08-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Everyone loves AoE:D and muffinz...:D:twisted::p

The Fallen One
08-28-2008, 10:14 AM

:lol: :clap:

supersonic
08-29-2008, 10:21 AM

should have sayd cookies instead of muffinz.. i mean cookiez. really does make you look cool, i advice it.

Boneflesh
08-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Why not both :nerd:

"Fat kids have more fun" -by dunno who and I'd like to add something "...and take more space in buses."

Lumix
09-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Recently I got enough items to get -100% recharge on a caster build. I'm using it on my conjurer, and it's very powerful, but I was wondering if a -100% recharge elementalist would be more powerful than a -100% recharge conjurer.

With 100% recharge on my conjurer, I'm not using ternion attack at all, and I think eruption would do much more damage if/when combined with squall (reduced enemies' resistances). I would loose a permanent outsider (which is
sooo cool) but on the other side I'd had squall and lighting. Lighting with -100&recharge must be WICKED! haha.

So, I think that the best and more powerful -100% recharge build would be the elementalist build, at least for singleplayer.
Reasons:
Cast eruption + squall, volcanic orb if needed. Lightning to keep enemies stunned and stationary, being hit by eruption + squall. Squall disables archers and casters and weakens all enemies, and also makes then more vulnerable to eruption. You have earth enchantment and the wisp to boost elemental dmg, and core dweller to tank for you. And if things turn bad, you just target yourself with eruption and hit stoneform... everything dead.

Just wondering what you think about all this :)

(Anyway, without -100% recharge I'd go with oracle or conjurer, rather than elementalist.)

badrazor
09-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Since I replied to this thread several weeks ago, I got to -76% recharge and am 1 artifact away from -100 and yes the -76 is sweet enough but since then I've started a Haruspex who is now level 43 and is much more fun to play than my elementalist who is 61. As a matter of fact, if i pitted my 43 Haruspex against my 61 elementalist, I think my elementalist would be bent over a rock and raped and my Haruspex who has 31 skill points saved including 21 stat points so he's not even as powerful as he could be. Distort reality, study prey, call of the hunt then phantom strike and elementalist is dead 3-4 times over ;)

Runefang
09-22-2008, 07:14 PM
-100% recharge = death to mobs not neccesarily good at winning 1 on 1 fights. It goes through the game quickly, much much more quickly than a haruspex if you're doing it right.

Besides elementalists have stone form to save them from the haruspex, then coupled with a few squalls and VOs you'd eventually win I think.

The Fallen One
09-22-2008, 11:25 PM
I must thank Gorkk for deleting my posts.

:clap:

Lumix
09-23-2008, 12:49 PM
I completely agree with you, Runefang. -100% recharge is not neccesarily the best gear/combo for PvP.

What I think is that -100% recharge elementalist would be among the best in singleplayer... multiplayer is of course another world, but since it's been mentioned, I could also say that a bow haruspex would be severely crippled against an elementalist using squall, and a spear haruspex may be BURNING in hell and/or frozen and/or stunned by multiple VO/Eruption fragments and/or thunders/lightning by the time he reaches the elementalist to hit him... and that would be the moment the elementalist would use stone form to laugh at the haruspex while casting eruption at ground zero while Core Dweller (or "Dwelly") beats a little cr@p out of the haruspex :rockon: (ok, only a little :P)

This is Core Dweller --> :evil:

Of course elementalist would need high disruption skill protecion, against TOW, and also stun/slow resistance. So would need the haruspex, of course. In fact, I think that the elementalist would struggle specially against Distort Reality (which is an overpowered skill IMHO) :( Also, if haruspex goes into phantom strike, he becomes invulnerable till he reaches its target or quits, so the elementalist would have to react quickly and cast stone form.
What I'm trying to say is that maybe the haruspex wouldn't always win. I guess it depends on each fight, gear used of course, resistances (also secondary), player's skill, etc.

Another thing, if the haruspex has 100% avoid projectiles and 1500-2000 da, maybe he/she wouldn't be affected by Eruption nor Lightning. I don't know if Eruption and Lightning are considered "projectiles". Anyone can confirm this? Is lightning dodgeable?

BTW is there any "petrification" resist? If not, then the elementalist (or almost any other char) has nothing to do against DR.

Eric_The_Red
09-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Dude with -100 recharge you can permanently stun people in pvp with lightning so its definitely a plus. And also you are forgetting that the dream builds can just turn on trance of empathy. But i think the elementalist has a huge advantage against a haruspex with stone form nullifying phantom strike. But the elementalist would have to be a fairly good player to beat a haruspex imo because anyone can play a dream build its a real no brainer. If i had an elementalist against any haruspex the haruspex would be in a permanent state of stun. Especially if camera mod is used, it wouldnt even be a contest in that situation

Lumix
09-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Yeah but will Lighting stun other people if they have for example 100% stun resistance?

BTW are secondary resistances also capped at 80% ? Because I see in some toons that they are above that (specially vitality damage resist)

Munderbunny
09-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Secondary resistances are also capped at 80%.

The big advantage that dream has is that, while pvp starts at a range, dream has sleep. With 100% recharge, you could be uberslept--you only need 1 to succeed to lay in like 10 seconds of sleep. That lets the dreamer get close enough to get the paralyze lock with distort reality (I don't even know if it's possible to get any paralyze resistance as a player).

Not to mention, if the dream player decides to phantom strike in, stone form doesn't save them from the stun and subsequent paralyze of distort reality.

Stun and paralyze break pvp. Special PVP rules would have to be implemented, and I think there's even a passives file to set exactly that.

Damnationed
09-27-2008, 01:30 PM
If we are talking 'bout dream and PvP we shouldn't have forgotten the phantom strike; once you click on enemy, he'd dead, DR/TR could be very powerful, too.

Eric_The_Red
09-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Damnationed we've been talking about phantom strike through the whole thread. Stone form would nullify the damage from that attack. Yep i have pvp'd with my melee diviner and there is no resistance to the perma fu effect of DR. The question really is who's gonna hit first, will lighting or orb hit or will sleep. I'm guessing sleep doesn't have the range of lightning or orb though.