PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice...

shark35
08-08-2008, 01:00 AM
I'm currently level 7... Yes I'm new... I have both TQ and IT and I'm having a hard time deciding which class and 2nd class to take... I want to go melee... And I'm having a hard time deciding... I want a class which is strong and fun... My choices were Brigand or Harbinger... But I know there are tons of other classes there... Could anyone help?

Poinas
08-08-2008, 01:28 AM
Do you have any preference in weapons? Spear + shield, mace + shield, dual wielding? Are you interested in having some spells, or just a basic smash-and-bash character?

shark35
08-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Well, any weapon would do... Spells would be nice... I'm just looking for a fun and strong class...

Inferno272
08-08-2008, 04:36 AM
I'm currently level 7... Yes I'm new... I have both TQ and IT and I'm having a hard time deciding which class and 2nd class to take... I want to go melee... And I'm having a hard time deciding... I want a class which is strong and fun... My choices were Brigand or Harbinger... But I know there are tons of other classes there... Could anyone help?

well, ive tried a few classes (im new as well) the Haruspex is really really strong imho.

Rush till you get volley (i think thats the name of the skill where you shoot 3 arrows) and the exploding arrow thing, and then max both of those. once you get those 2 you can experiment with what you want, but those 2 skills make that class REALLY frigging strong, and easy to use. Also if you quickly get points into the trance of convalescence skill itll pretty much keep you alive without having to use any potions for most of the normal run. My guy, which i experimented with and messed up a few times, died about 15 times, if i did him properly and knew what skills i wanted to use from the get go, my guess is would have only died 3 or 4 times max.

shark35
08-08-2008, 04:53 AM
What classes concentrate on using maces?

Steerpike
08-08-2008, 05:03 AM
Defence has a skill for maces, which increases stun damage. Other than that, I don't know of any direct skills for maces, although warfare's weapon handling can improve the mace's speed (as it does for all weapons). Maces are good for high damage in single hits, even if DPS is initially low. (A green mace with an Achilles relic is an entirely different issue, however...)

shark35
08-08-2008, 05:13 AM
Are brigands centered on spears and bows? Which one is stronger? What Items should I use?

Steerpike
08-08-2008, 05:17 AM
Brigands would do best using spears or bows, as they have hunting as one of their masteries. Choose one or the other, as it would be a skill point sink otherwise. I've never used the bow side of things (ranged is for cowards), but can vouch for the power of the spear line. Match that with the onslaught tree from Warfare and you have one powerful spear user. In fact, that might be my next buid. About time I played around a bit more with warfare! This build is a slayer, however.

With the brigand, you need to max blade honing, I think, as it ups your piercing damage, and that affects spears. I suppose with the combination of bleeding damage from both the rogue and hunting trees, you could build an effective bleeder (!), although as that's DoT, it might not be the best build going.

shark35
08-08-2008, 05:27 AM
So that would be a spear type slayer?

aeoNemesis
08-08-2008, 05:59 AM
I go DW with this Slayer of mine,So far so good.I'm not that satisfied with Spear & Shield so I decide to go the DW way.
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc40/WINSHER_AEON/Achilles1.jpg

Steerpike
08-08-2008, 06:08 AM
:whistle:
So that would be a spear type slayer?

Yep, I've amended my earlier post to reflect this :whistle: